The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Goldobin for Adam Fox and 4th

The Hurricanes are desparate for offense and are loaded on defence.  Goldobin would be their 3rd highest in points and would be one of their more creative players. 

Fox is the highest scoring defenceman in the NCAA and is a right shot.  Goldobin is replaced by Leivo, Dahlen, and others.  Team doesn't seem to love him.

It would make our d prospects instantly much better.  2 of the best offensive prospects out there.  Plus Fox is playing with Rathbone so there is a connection there.

5 minutes ago, Dixon Ward said:

The Hurricanes are desparate for offense and are loaded on defence.  Goldobin would be their 3rd highest in points and would be one of their more creative players. 

Fox is the highest scoring defenceman in the NCAA and is a right shot.  Goldobin is replaced by Leivo, Dahlen, and others.  Team doesn't seem to love him.

It would make our d prospects instantly much better.  2 of the best offensive prospects out there.  Plus Fox is playing with Rathbone so there is a connection there.

That's the type of trade we certainly need but I really doubt that Fox would sign with us. He told the Flames that he would not sign in Calgary and the rumor always was that he wanted to play in New York for the Rangers. It would be too much of a gamble to trade for him in my estimation.

Dahlen isn't doing to well in Utica is he? Also not sold on Leivo after just one game.

Value wise, I suppose you aren't far off. They might consider this deal in RL.

Personally, I wouldn't do it though. I got high hopes for Goldy.

I'm not ready to sell on Goldie yet.  With E.P. and Brock he could break out (on pace for 45 points) and the top-6 with Sven, Bo, E.P. Brock him and maybe Leivo would be solid.  The rest of the forward group consists of question marks so it might be wise to hold on to him still.

I'd do that deal I know there are a lot of people who are pretty high on Goldobin, but all I've seen from Goldobin since he's been here is: his skill with the puck (handling), his lack of effort back-checking, his poor decision making under pressure and he doesn't actually use his mouthguard. He looks like he could be a great player one day if he continues to develop. He's had success earlier this year when he played with Pettersson, but how good is he without Pettersson?  He's still only 23, so he still has time to improve.

I love Goldobin but yes... so much yes. Would need a verbal commitment from Fox but assuming you get that... It will be easier to draft a forward in the upcoming draft than a right handed defenseman, we were lucky to have Hughes drop to us but its quite likely that the BPA at the next draft will be a forward. We already passed on a guy that is top 15 in the NHL in scoring to draft a defenseman, would try to avoid a similar situation as top end forwards are easier to identify than defenseman.

I'd do the deal due to our lack of RD in the system, but I doubt it would happen for many of the reasons listed above:

1) Fox likely won't sign.

2) That probably isn't enough value for Fox

3) Despite the lack of agreement in the media/fanbase/coaching staff, Goldobin is doing well this year.

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Goldy for Madison Bowey straight up. 

We need size, and skill on the back end. 

That is an intriguing proposal. Maybe a bigger deal is possible if the Capitals want to move on from Burakovsky, but I like that premise. 

I was (wishfully) thinking that if Goldobin continues to pump up his trade value the rest of the season, maybe we could trade Goldobin + a 2nd for Puljujarvi. Both players are RFAs at the end of the year. 

5 hours ago, apollo said:

Dahlen isn't doing to well in Utica is he? Also not sold on Leivo after just one game.

Value wise, I suppose you aren't far off. They might consider this deal in RL.

Personally, I wouldn't do it though. I got high hopes for Goldy.

I like Goldy but a rh pmd like Fox who has the best ppg in college hockey as a defenseman seems like a good return.  Of course we need a commitment that he signs.  I think a Goldy type player is easier to come by than a Fox one for a rebuilding team.

Hughes Woo

Juolevi Fox

7 hours ago, Dixon Ward said:

I like Goldy but a rh pmd like Fox who has the best ppg in college hockey as a defenseman seems like a good return.  Of course we need a commitment that he signs.  I think a Goldy type player is easier to come by than a Fox one for a rebuilding team.

Hughes Woo

Juolevi Fox

Switch Fox and Woo.

And @Mathew Barzal is 100% right. This guy is better than Will Butcher, and you guys think Goldobin will get him? AND a pick? 

8 hours ago, Dixon Ward said:

Hughes Woo

Juolevi Fox

Would be mobile but would get killed in the playoffs  

Archived