Leivo-Pettersson-Boeser

Roussel-Gaudette-Eriksson

Granlund-Beagle-Motte

Schaller

Edler-Tanev

Hutton-Gudbranson

Pouliot-Stecher

Del Zotto-Biega

Near perfect, but if only Stecher had a competent d-partner.

I'm waiting for more trades to add more size and protection in the top 6 and on D. In the interim, I cross my fingers and hope our diminutive talents are not crucified. Despite my fears, this team is way more entertaining than last year's.

A win is simply a moral victory at this point.

GCG

7 minutes ago, NHTyrany said:

I'm waiting for more trades to add more size and protection in the top 6 and on D. In the interim, I cross my fingers and hope our diminutive talents are not crucified. Despite my fears, this team is way more entertaining than last year's.

A win is simply a moral victory at this point.

GCG

You should stroll over to the Proposals section. There's a real zinger there right now.

26 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Lines in morning skate:

Goldobin-Horvat-Virtanen

Leivo-Pettersson-Boeser

Granlund-Beagle-Motte

Schaller

Edler-Tanev

Hutton-Gudbranson

Pouliot-Stecher

Del Zotto-Biega

Personally I would flip Boeser and Virtanen, but I guess they want more defensive structure along with Goldobin.

29 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Lines in morning skate:

Goldobin-Horvat-Virtanen

Leivo-Pettersson-Boeser

Granlund-Beagle-Motte

Schaller

Edler-Tanev

Hutton-Gudbranson

Pouliot-Stecher

Del Zotto-Biega

Some heft on each forward line. Nice.

5 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Some heft on each forward line. Nice.

I'm surprised you haven't been banished yet for your trade proposal...HAHA. It was quite a doosey! But it does make sense. In the mean time hopefully they keep a bit of beef on each line to try and spread the toughness around. I like the line ups for tonights game. Pouliot and Del Z are both disaster artists, makes sense to flip them in and out as they start to fizzle.

4 hours ago, appleboy said:

I have been watching the message board and I get a kick out of those who are still making excuses for our record. They love to remind us that we have so many injuries. The Preds are missing 4 star players.  Yet they are 3rd in the league. When will the owners stop this charade and start making long term decisions. Decisions that could , in time make us a cup contender. This year could be a pivotal one. Players like Sutter , Edler , Tanev , could all bring in assets. Draft picks should the goal. Do Baer and Goldy have a long term future here? Unless we explode and start a ten game win streak we are headed to a bottom 5 position. This year is looking like a mirror image of last year. Over the next few weeks they need to start to decide who is in the long term plans and who is not. With the draft in Vancouver it could be a real good PR move.

Fans see the stars coming and are already excited about the future.   

Injuries to a rebuild team and injuries to a Stanley Cup contender are different things. The difference is depth. The Canucks are currently building their depth while Nashville has theirs and that is why injuries are somewhat mitigated in Nashville's case. With that said, Forsberg has only recently been injured, so I would say the effect of his loss hasn't quite taken place yet, but their team is clearly in a need to adjust. As for the rest, well I'm quite certain we have more man games lost in comparison to Nashville.

5 minutes ago, cory40 said:

Ray Ferraro laughs at the thought of Goldy being a foundational player! 

I wondered if him saying that had a little to do with trying to make Blake Price do his "squeal like a teenage girl" voice that he does when someone disagrees with him - he can reach a voice pitch so high that every dog west of Main Street congregates outside the TSN studios

That said, "foundational" usually mean someone who you build around - don't think Goldy will be that, but he will be a key component

Just now, Attila Umbrus said:

I'm surprised you haven't been banished yet for your trade proposal...HAHA. It was quite a doosey! But it does make sense. In the mean time hopefully they keep a bit of beef on each line to try and spread the toughness around. I like the line ups for tonights game. Pouliot and Del Z are both disaster artists, makes sense to flip them in and out as they start to fizzle.

I'm surprised the roster came under the cap by around $1M.  

Bo Horvat on Sportsnet 650:

"It's frustrating and definitely not the home-stand we wanted -- we're pushing to get the next win here before we go on the road. Pettersson has been great for us all year, obviously, he's a special player. Biggest thing for him would be to continue to grow as a player, getting in the battle, I know it's frustrating when you're not scoring but sticking with the process could be the biggest thing for him."

3 minutes ago, cory40 said:

Ray Ferraro laughs at the thought of Goldy being a foundational player! 

I kind of agree. You don't build a team around Goldy. He's a skilled addition to the foundation.

Foundation (so far IMO) - Horvat, Boeser, Pettersson, Virtanen, Gaudette

1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

I kind of agree. You don't build a team around Goldy. He's a skilled addition to the foundation.

Foundation (so far IMO) - Horvat, Boeser, Pettersson, Virtanen, Gaudette

Who stated that Goldobin was a foundational player?

Add Demko, Hughes, and Juolevi to that list by this time next year.

4 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Who stated that Goldobin was a foundational player?

Add Demko, Hughes, and Juolevi to that list by this time next year.

I'm not sure who said it, but apparently it made Ferraro laugh.

I didn't add Demko, Juolevi or Hughes, because they aren't NHLers yet.

"Goldy is back in tonight. We've had lots of talks with Goldy over course of the season, not just last few days. He can pretty well do whatever he wants with the puck so long as he doesn't turn it over. When he's trying to get it back, I want him to be aggressive in that area too." - Green on Goldobin

Just now, NUCKER67 said:

I'm not sure who said it, but apparently it made Ferraro laugh.

Well it is a silly idea to consider Goldobin a foundational player, for sure.

Just now, NUCKER67 said:

I didn't add Demko, Juolevi or Hughes, because they aren't NHLers yet.

I figured as much, that's why I stated next season. I might be jumping the gun, but I feel that all three might make the jump.

Archived