The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Huawei CFO arrested.

Violator

19 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Totally agree. I add India to your list. 

I have written the CPC off. Harper was doing a job with the EU deal, TPI and free trade deals with Korea I believe. The idea that Canada could have successive elections where the critical talking point were Trudeau’s looks or whether conservatives were Nazis or not is mind boggling. Topics of national significance never make the podium. It is to our long term detriment as these are national security issues.

if people don't understand that now after corona I don't think it will ever sink in. I fully expect Jagmeet Singh to call for free dental care over building our manufacturing base tho.

We haven't really had a PM with international vision since Mulroney. 

• Vintage 1

5 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Totally agree. I add India to your list. 

I have written the CPC off. Harper was doing a job with the EU deal, TPI and free trade deals with Korea I believe. The idea that Canada could have successive elections where the critical talking point were Trudeau’s looks or whether conservatives were Nazis or not is mind boggling. Topics of national significance never make the podium. It is to our long term detriment as these are national security issues.

It's amazing how they can't seem to get their act together after Harper.  I mean, "victory" (election-wise) is there for the taking but they refuse to take it.  As such, I'm glad they aren't in power because if they can't manage to fix their own house in order, imagine the mess they would leave governing a nation.  A shame really as it's dangerous to have just one "main" party in power for the forseeable future.

Poor China can't handle being told to accept basic rule of law so they call the judge a pathetic clown via state media. Kind of comical really.

https://nationalpost.com/news/it-just-doesnt-process-china-refuses-to-believe-canadas-legal-system-is-independent-experts-say

'It just doesn't process': China refuses to believe Canada's legal system is independent, experts say

The decision released Wednesday in the Meng Wanzhou extradition case had the usual hallmarks of a Canadian judicial ruling: a bone-dry analysis of the law, the facts and how one should be applied to the other.

There were allusions to an 1860 Upper Canada case and a U.K. House of Lords judgment. As usual, it contained no hint of political interference.

But 8,500 kilometres away in Beijing, the ruling was likely to be viewed in much different term — terms that could help dictate how China responds, experts say.

Whatever they might privately believe, the public stance of Chinese Communist Party leaders is that the courts in Canada are much as they are in China: a pliable tool of the central government that can be manipulated when necessary, say China hands.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/pathetic-clown-chinese-state-backed-media-attacks-canada-after-meng-wanzhou-verdict/ar-BB14IidZ?ocid=msedgntp 

'Pathetic clown': Chinese state-backed media attacks Canada after Meng Wanzhou verdict 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

Poor China can't handle being told to accept basic rule of law so they call the judge a pathetic clown via state media. Kind of comical really.

https://nationalpost.com/news/it-just-doesnt-process-china-refuses-to-believe-canadas-legal-system-is-independent-experts-say

'It just doesn't process': China refuses to believe Canada's legal system is independent, experts say

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/pathetic-clown-chinese-state-backed-media-attacks-canada-after-meng-wanzhou-verdict/ar-BB14IidZ?ocid=msedgntp 

'Pathetic clown': Chinese state-backed media attacks Canada after Meng Wanzhou verdict 

Yeah, I saw this earlier this morning. TBH, I didn't really get into it, because I knew it was just going to be posturing by the state media o behalf of the government.

• Upvote 1

Irony is for all the "we fight for the little guy far left" posture stance they take, they (Chinese government) could give two ****'s if Meng Wanzhou didn't have high level party connections.  If she was just some poor low level proletarian working class slob, you wouldn't hear a single peep from them.  Proof?  Look at the case of the citizen of China who was convicted & jailed for spying in Poland.  Person was a nobody and the Communist government just 'cut him loose'.  

1 hour ago, Tre Mac said:

#$&^ China.  I wish our leaders would stop getting into bed with them (economically speaking<_<)

Lol good luck with that. They are the 2nd largest economy and market in the world and soon to overtake the US.

Like it or not, commerce with China is here to stay. 

• Vintage 1

21 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Rhetoric is heating up!

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/pathetic-clown-chinese-state-backed-media-attacks-canada-after-meng-wanzhou-verdict/ar-BB14IidZ?li=AAggNb9

gee with sweet talking like that, maybe we should let her go :lol:

China is picking fights all over the globe, and none of them really seem to have much of a risk-reward ratio. If the West gets its $&!# together and actually does bring more manufacturing home we could really put a dent in China's middle class. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

China is picking fights all over the globe, and none of them really seem to have much of a risk-reward ratio. If the West gets its $&!# together and actually does bring more manufacturing home we could really put a dent in China's middle class. 

Canadians are nice, you should let her go!

14 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

A unified boycott of China trade would hurt their economy in a big way. One has to wonder if the CCP has calculated the fallout? Do they think their internal market is big enough now to withstand a boycott? Do they think that trade partners are too addicted to their business to forego civilized rights and sovereignty? Australia is getting the same treatment as Canada and their trade with China is a larger % of their GDP than ours. Does the Chinese middle class rebel against the CCP as HK has? 

57 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

A unified boycott of China trade would hurt their economy in a big way. One has to wonder if the CCP has calculated the fallout? Do they think their internal market is big enough now to withstand a boycott? Do they think that trade partners are too addicted to their business to forego civilized rights and sovereignty? Australia is getting the same treatment as Canada and their trade with China is a larger % of their GDP than ours. Does the Chinese middle class rebel against the CCP as HK has? 

I do think they've calculated that they are too entrenched in our economies to be removed. And normally they might be correct, but with covid opening up peoples eyes (I hope) to how much we've moved too far into dependence on China things will change. 

I can't see any kind of internal rebellion in China tho, they're also too busy locking down Hong Kong and making an internal example of them. 

I just hope our federal government comes out of this with a real plan for more Canadian self sufficiency, otherwise we're just 250 billion more in debt and nothing to show for it. 

Edited by Jimmy McGill
  • Cheers 2

23 hours ago, Chicken. said:

China is a pathetic joke.

23 hours ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

So are they going to ship her off to the States? Unbelievable how slow the 'justice' system is. 

Nope, another case in June.

23 hours ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

And what happens to our guys? Run through a clown court, tried, and executed as spies? It's not like this country has any power to stop them. 

The US is the most powerful nation on earth and their citizens get tried and jailed in other countries in clown courts.

23 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

#$&^ China.  I wish our leaders would stop getting into bed with them (economically speaking<_<)

Absolutely, it's even more concerning JT and the liberals are sucking up to China.

21 hours ago, 24K PureCool said:

Lol good luck with that. They are the 2nd largest economy and market in the world and soon to overtake the US.

Like it or not, commerce with China is here to stay. 

Lol good luck nothing. The Western world could bankrupt China by saying we aren't buying your cheap junk. I also think the US will take steps to never let China be number one including a military conflict. China threatening Taiwan might be the trigger for that. China has to be very careful as they also have a fued on going with India. 

• Cheers 1

Xi and his minions should be overthrown. Their trajectory seems to be that of an authoritarian empire with sociopathic designs for everything from governance to the environment. 

The country deserves better than the garbage in charge. Hopefully more people can learn to separate this despicable government’s actions from the average person of Chinese extraction who has little to no say into how their government operates on a daily basis. 

8 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Xi and his minions should be overthrown. Their trajectory seems to be that of an authoritarian empire with sociopathic designs for everything from governance to the environment. 

The country deserves better than the garbage in charge. Hopefully more people can learn to separate this despicable government’s actions from the average person of Chinese extraction who has little to no say into how their government operates on a daily basis. 

Correct however the Chinese government has been garbage long before Jingping. The people of China deserve to be free.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

I was surprised when I read that the CCP had to remove the garrison troops from Tiananmen Square in 1989 because they would not obey orders to move in and quell the uprising. Some soldiers were joining the protesters. The Chinese army has a bond with the people that sometimes challenges their control by the CCP. The CCP brought troops in from down south, garrisoned them out of town, indoctrinated them about the traitors they would deal with and then sent them into the Square. Officially they killed several hundred but there are stories that over 10,000 were killed. Only the CCP really knows just like only they know how many died from Covid.   

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I think majority of reasonable people can separate government and peoples when they blame China. Anyone who doesn't is a simpleton. 

• Thanks 1