The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Preppers

You Mad Bro?

2 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

When i was 16 years old.... my dad proudly handed down to me his 12 gauge.    Yes, in my family we were raised around guns....

Mostly for duck hunting....       

Tough now that is hard to say... all depends who you face off against....  Yes i played rugby for 20 years from Youth to Men's  Prem division and also  UBC as well as  ice hockey from Bantam Rep to  Mens Beer league....   

I see toughness now as those  athletes / people that can play / work through injuries / pain.    Those are  " tough " people.  They have no quit in them.

Totally agree with your last statement.

I would also add those who set a goal and drive relentlessly towards it.

I can think of no more important goal than the survival of my family.

I never took prepping seriously till coquitlam had no power for 3 days that opened my eyes  wide open man if we have some major happening most people are gonna be fubared wandering around like zombies looking for some place to charge their phones    lol I bought battery pack/  jumpstarter  a generator camping gear  first aid kit,  food  and pet food  water  animal carrier  Gerry can of gas ,tools aka weapons,, whiskey and a bag o weed lol

Oh yeah here is a tip from a farmer, Yuca roots are one off the few things that you can survive on for long periods of time.

It is calorie rich and if prepared right the leaves have a decent amount of protein in them.

It does better in warmer climates however it can't hurt to chuck a few in your garden if you think the end is nigh or the four horseman of the apocalypse are on the horizon.

On 12/8/2018 at 5:41 PM, Tortorella's Rant said:

Unless you know how to live off the land as you'd probably have to do eventually, I doubt most people would last very long prepped or not. Assuming we're talking about some apocalyptic fall of civilization scenario.

i went to school for botany and have multiple, who the **** am i. I'm a lazy alcoholic who lives in new west. I probably have better survival skills than our local crack addicts so im good

Archived