The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ St Louis Blues | Sunday, December 9th, 12:00 PM

HerrDrFunk

6 hours ago, mll said:

They want to increase viewership in Europe and have changed the start time of some 50 games to the afternoon to cater to the European market.  

From the NHL website: "For the first time ever, the NHL European Game of the Week creates a destination viewing experience for loyal NHL fans across Europe," said NHL Executive Vice President of Media & International Strategy David Proper. "With the cooperation of our Member Clubs, we were able to increase the number of games played in European primetime, providing a great opportunity for our international broadcast partners to carry nearly 50 Saturday and Sunday matchups this season."

This is a beautiful thing. 4am home games are tough. 

5 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Points in 2 games = 0

Salary = $292,682.93

grest deal dumbas(s) 

So funny to see people make fun of this. I mean I DISLIKE the leafs like no other. But did people really think that WIlly would come back guns a blazing after missing NHL training camp and doing his own sort of conditioning with some Swedish team?

I am glad they gave him his contract, I doubt Dubas sticks to his word of not trading him, would be wise for the Leafs to get out from that contract. They should have just traded him and let another team sign him.

Willy will probably  start playing better in a month, will he live up to the hype of his 10m US salary this year...I doubt it. But thats the Laffs problem

12 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

So funny to see people make fun of this. I mean I DISLIKE the leafs like no other. But did people really think that WIlly would come back guns a blazing after missing NHL training camp and doing his own sort of conditioning with some Swedish team?

I am glad they gave him his contract, I doubt Dubas sticks to his word of not trading him, would be wise for the Leafs to get out from that contract. They should have just traded him and let another team sign him.

Willy will probably  start playing better in a month, will he live up to the hype of his 10m US salary this year...I doubt it. But thats the Laffs problem

Agreed, pretty sure he'll start lighting the lamp in a few weeks.  Will be curious to see how he performs when the playoffs hit, can he sustain a decent level of production or not?  It's harder to be a star with so many other stars in the lineup.  Leafs have a decent team, like them or not.  I fondly remember when the Canucks were a hated team within the league and were very good.  Now we're just a hated team and not that good yet.  We will rise again!  Ebb and flow of hockey, it's hard to always be at the top, and cap management and good drafting is critical.  All we had for quite some time was cap management.  

for playoff hopefuls, this scenario is best for tonight:

Vancouver win in any fashion

Chicago, Ducks, Vegas lose

Edmonton loses in regulation

That would drop the gap from 6 points to 4 points with Vancouver having a tie in games played with Vegas for the 2nd wild card.

1 minute ago, Shaelon said:

for playoff hopefuls, this scenario is best for tonight:

Vancouver win in any fashion

Chicago, Ducks, Vegas lose

Edmonton loses in regulation

That would drop the gap from 6 points to 4 points with Vancouver having a tie in games played with Vegas for the 2nd wild card.

For drafting Jack Hughes hopefuls ... :frantic:

1 hour ago, Canuckster86 said:

The thing is Nylander could have a 3 point night in his next game (which is fully capable of) and suddenly he's a PPG guy.

Archived