The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Smash Rooms

nucklehead

Anyone been to one? Did it help alleviate stress or frustrations or was it something different to do?

If you don't know it's a place you can go and smash things, mostly glass or household things electronics etc. You buy packages of items to smash with bats crowbars or golf clubs. If you have would you go again or recommend it?

10 minutes ago, nucklehead said:

Anyone been to one? Did it help alleviate stress or frustrations or was it something different to do?

If you don't know it's a place you can go and smash things, mostly glass or household things electronics etc. You buy packages of items to smash with bats crowbars or golf clubs. If you have would you go again or recommend it?

all the years of memes and cards against humanity and wanting to go to amsterdam didn't prepare me for this

1 hour ago, nucklehead said:

Or you can go to a gym with a heavy bag and punch the hell out of it all you want. Lift some weights. Do something good for your body to get out your frustrations. 

I prefer that way ^ up there.   Working out is a GREAT outlet and release of energy.

Just don't know that we should encourage destruction of property when it's anger management that's needed.   Training people to think this is acceptable probably isn't the greatest plan.

Dumb, but I'm sure it'll be a big hit. 

2 hours ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

all the years of memes and cards against humanity and wanting to go to amsterdam didn't prepare me for this

Yeah, I definitely interpreted the meaning of this thread WAAAY differently than the OP intended.

I have never been to one of these but it seems like something you could do for free at the local dump. Just breaking old stuff folks threw out.

3 hours ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

27 minutes ago, Cramarossa said:

Yeah, I definitely interpreted the meaning of this thread WAAAY differently than the OP intended.

I have never been to one of these but it seems like something you could do for free at the local dump. Just breaking old stuff folks threw out.

Thought it was gonna be more like the Smush Room from Jersey Shore.

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 9:51 AM, HI5 said:

Lame, thought smash rooms were brothels

Well I guess if you want to busts some nuts...

Spoiler

...and now I am banned(probably).  It was worth it. 

2 hours ago, Violator said:

You can always go to "Bella Dolls"

Maybe after some LSD, so they talk to me.

4 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Well I guess if you want to busts some nuts...

Reveal hidden contents

...and now I am banned(probably).  It was worth it. 

E142996D-2291-4324-B8FF-46130F7365D2.jpeg.e122a7f5f19e2f427da2c7e5fc449cc8.jpeg

On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 8:05 PM, NucksPatsFan said:

Is this based on the Jake Gyllenhaal movie

Which is that, Demolition?

No, it isn't. The reason I posted this is because I have a friend that quit her job and put everything she has into this concept. I am a bit worried for her. As stated above one might go to a dump or some other place and bust things for free, but would you? Her facility provides all the necessary protective gear and bright inviting atmosphere. Anyways she got the idea from a friend at the time as it is a thing in Europe and some other places. I believe there are one or two in Canada after searching I found one in Toronto and I think one elsewhere but can't quite remember. They seem to have some success in targeting businesses and offices to engage them in team building exercises and something totally different which it surely is.

Today is actually her grand opening (we're in the interior not in GVRD). Of course I wish her all the luck in the world but I just don't know... 

I hope I'm wrong. 

Archived