The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

canuck game or world junior

hockeygod77

ok im a hard working person who pays taxes just like the rest of us and spends lots on fun and sports but im thinking world junior tickets are going for 300 to 800 dollars from ticket master..now is this the way to treat us fans or only the real rich can go these days..i think that world junior hockey is the best tournament in the world now a days next to stanley cup but come on me as a fan should get a better deal but i suppose its about demand and its there...too bad money ruins everything..i remember when you could go to world junior game for 20 bucks..ok times have changed but come on in my backyard and still have to buy tickets from a scalper..its ruining my dream and hockey in the junior level which i support is starting to go too business like the NHL..

1 minute ago, hockeygod77 said:

ok im a hard working person who pays taxes just like the rest of us and spends lots on fun and sports but im thinking world junior tickets are going for 300 to 800 dollars from ticket master..now is this the way to treat us fans or only the real rich can go these days..i think that world junior hockey is the best tournament in the world now a days next to stanley cup but come on me as a fan should get a better deal but i suppose its about demand and its there...too bad money ruins everything..i remember when you could go to world junior game for 20 bucks..ok times have changed but come on in my backyard and still have to buy tickets from a scalper..its ruining my dream and hockey in the junior level which i support is starting to go too business like the NHL..

That’s absolutely brutal.  A few years ago my brother bought tickets for every Canada game and some other teams and it was a couple grand.  And then the one after the Canada US final was only a few hundred for two tickets (both in Montreal)...the games I went to aside from the final there were lots of empty seats, don’t understand why it would be much different there (say Finland agains Checkz or something should be 50-80 bucks)...sorry to hear that, it’s brutal.

hey man its sold out here in classy victoria where hockey is a religion and ya single tickets left not many for vancouver..wont be any empty seats like in montreal...its hockey towns they are in and lots of people just worship hockey here in the vic and van area..junior hockey in any level is doing ok here...

5 minutes ago, gurn said:

Have you checked what the prices actually are?

hey man its sold out here in classy victoria where hockey is a religion and ya single tickets left not many for vancouver..wont be any empty seats like in montreal...its hockey towns they are in and lots of people just worship hockey here in the vic and van area..junior hockey in any level is doing ok here...im not a gossip fan i know the facts before i spout

8 minutes ago, gurn said:

Have you checked what the prices actually are?

hey man its sold out here in classy victoria where hockey is a religion and ya single tickets left not many for vancouver..wont be any empty seats like in montreal...its hockey towns they are in and lots of people just worship hockey here in the vic and van area..junior hockey in any level is doing ok here...im not a gossip fan i know the facts before i spout try the canada games which im only interested in or usa games

2 minutes ago, hockeygod77 said:

hey man its sold out here in classy victoria where hockey is a religion and ya single tickets left not many for vancouver..wont be any empty seats like in montreal...its hockey towns they are in and lots of people just worship hockey here in the vic and van area..junior hockey in any level is doing ok here...

I'm back from uni on Christmas break in Victoria during the World Juniors, and I just looked at tickets now and saw how expensive they were.  I'm just so used to watching on TV and seeing tons of empty seats in games that don't feature Team Canada.

I agree with the OP.

It is brutal and prices the majority of people out of the market.

Unfortunately however, the market doesn't need the majority of people to fill these venues.

I'm fortunate enough to be going to a game because I was gifted tickets - but regardless, I wouldn't fork out  that kind of money, particularly when none of these young guys playing are making a living yet, and most of them never will at least as professional hockey players.

When I saw team Canada in Saskatoon I don't believe we paid near what these prices are.

I've pretty much decided to spend my dollars on WHL games that are reasonably priced at under $20.   It's still the case that the players get pittances, but I suspect that's about to change, at least moderately.

HEY NUCKS PATSFAN GET A brain...you think you can get a gold medal game fore 150...even if it was kazoo vs finland they would selloff double your fake quote...you cannot get a ticket in canada game round robbin for under hundred dollars ..seats are on average scalping for 300 dollars now...they are sold out..vancouver has tickets for other countries but canda games are very high...look again dude

HEY NUCKS PATSFAN GET A brain...you think you can get a gold medal game fore 150...even if it was kazoo vs finland they would selloff double your fake quote...you cannot get a ticket in canada game round robbin for under hundred dollars ..seats are on average scalping for 300 dollars now...they are sold out..vancouver has tickets for other countries but canda games are very high...look again dude

HEY NUCKS PATSFAN GET A brain...you think you can get a gold medal game fore 150...even if it was kazoo vs finland they would selloff double your fake quote...you cannot get a ticket in canada game round robbin for under hundred dollars ..seats are on average scalping for 300 dollars now...they are sold out..vancouver has tickets for other countries but canda games are very high...look again dude..ok forget i even started this topic..you fans over in vancouver must be real city slickers that don't know hockey....i would not pay anymore than 25 bucks too see european teams besides sweden and russia but use and canda world junior games are at a premium ...way too much now..its like 800 dollars i see on some sites.

1 hour ago, hockeygod77 said:

HEY NUCKS PATSFAN GET A brain...you think you can get a gold medal game fore 150...even if it was kazoo vs finland they would selloff double your fake quote...you cannot get a ticket in canada game round robbin for under hundred dollars ..seats are on average scalping for 300 dollars now...they are sold out..vancouver has tickets for other countries but canda games are very high...look again dude..ok forget i even started this topic..you fans over in vancouver must be real city slickers that don't know hockey....i would not pay anymore than 25 bucks too see european teams besides sweden and russia but use and canda world junior games are at a premium ...way too much now..its like 800 dollars i see on some sites.

Wow...calm down man...jeez...sorry you can't afford WJHC tickets but no reason to start acting like a child. There are a ton of tickets for the Gold Medal game under $300 right now, you can go to pretty much any Canada game for under $150...and guess what?.. you can go see 2 European teams (including Sweden and Russia) for $10 a ticket right now. Maybe learn how to search for ticket deals a bit better before you come on here crying because your "hard working" job doesn't allow you to splurge on expensive hockey tickets. Hell I saw one site where you get a ticket to every single game in Vancouver including the medal rounds for $1250.

1 hour ago, hockeygod77 said:

Scalpers are going to inflate the price always.  I'm going to trust the word of the guy volunteering at the actual event over some guy having a meltdown over scalpers prices way after the tickets first went on sale.

Archived