-Vintage Canuck-

58 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

JB seems to be pretty cagey with his trades

only big one was Kesler which was ok

overall looks like:

kesler+ 2nd+3rd+2nd for:

sutter, Gudbranson, Dorsett, Sbisa, 3rd- Lockwood 

pretty decent man 

Kinda interesting about that Lockwood pick. 

Canucks trades there 2016 3rd and Alexandre Mallet to the islanders for Andre pedan. That 3rd was traded to buffalo (along with chad Johnson) for Michael neuvirth. Buffalo then traded the pick to Pittsburgh for the rights to Dan bylsma. Pittsburgh then traded it BACK to the Canucks in the sutter trade. So really it was more like mallet, a 4th, clendenning, bonino, and a 2nd for sutter and pouliot

1 hour ago, shiznak said:

Play-by-play game log says he was only on the ice for two icing calls.

1. Late in the second (17:58)

2. Early third (1:31)

http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreports/20182019/PL020469.HTM

His defensive start time was still over 70% throughout the game.

You missed the ones at 3:20 and 10:04 in the 3rd period.

2 hours ago, stawns said:

icings aren't always a bad thing, sometimes it's the best play to make.  I'm not saying his were, but that's not really a fair thing to use against a player.  I saw him make some excellent pinches to keep the pressure on in the o-zone last night, and I'll trade a few icings for some great pinches all day.  I thought he was solid last night, and I find the more he plays, the better he plays.

I was moreso just showing shiznak why he, uncharacteristically, had a large amount of d zone starts.

He did have the two Blueline turnovers that resulted in long stretches of time stuck defending in our own zone. Those were ugly ones as well as they weren't particularly difficult plays to make.

1 hour ago, The_Rocket said:

Kinda interesting about that Lockwood pick. 

Canucks trades there 2016 3rd and Alexandre Mallet to the islanders for Andre pedan. That 3rd was traded to buffalo (along with chad Johnson) for Michael neuvirth. Buffalo then traded the pick to Pittsburgh for the rights to Dan bylsma. Pittsburgh then traded it BACK to the Canucks in the sutter trade. So really it was more like mallet, a 4th, clendenning, bonino, and a 2nd for sutter and pouliot

sorry, what the heck is your logic there?  why is the pouliot trade tied in at all and, if you discount pedan on the vancouver side of the ledger shouldn't you also discount assets that pittsburgh no longer has, in which case at this point it's sutter and lockwood for fillip gustavvson, and a piece of rob pearson.

these updated ledgers for old trades really are not a good way to consider deals.  

5 minutes ago, krutovsdonut said:

sorry, what the heck is your logic there?  why is the pouliot trade tied in at all and, if you discount pedan on the vancouver side of the ledger shouldn't you also discount assets that pittsburgh no longer has, in which case at this point it's sutter and lockwood for fillip gustavvson, and a piece of rob pearson.

these updated ledgers for old trades really are not a good way to consider deals.  

Canucks gave up pedan and a 4th for pouliot. They gave up a 3rd and mallet for pedan. They got that exact same 3rd back in the sutter trade. Therefore:

canucks outflows:

4th, mallet, bonino, clendening, 2nd round pick. 

Canucks inflows:

sutter and pouliot

pedan came in then went out. The third went out then came back in. They cancel themselves out. 

Makes perfect sense to me I’m not sure how you’re not following

Just now, The_Rocket said:

Canucks have up pedan and a 4th for pouliot. The gave up a 3rd and mallet for pedan. They got that exact same 3rd back in the sutter trade. Therefore:

canucks outflows:

4th, mallet, bonino, clendening, 2nd round pick. 

Canucks inflows:

sutter and pouliot

pedan came in then went out. The third went out then came back in. They cancel themselves out. 

Makes perfect sense to me I’m not sure how you’re not following

i agree the 3rd round draft picks is a wash but the rest of your comparison is silly because the end tally of a constantly shifting ledger tallied over 4 years does not tell the tale. let's try it another way:

canucks got:

sutter for 4 seasons and counting 

pedan for 3 seasons

pouliot for 2 seasons and counting

penguins got:

pedan for 1 season

bonino for 2 seasons 

fillip gustavasson as a prospect

clendenning for 9 games

a tiny piece of derek brassard for two seasons and counting

a tiny piece of carl hagelin for 2 seasons

a tiny piece of tanner pearson for one season and counting

that's not completely fair either, since bonino and hagelin were key players in a cup run.

33 minutes ago, krutovsdonut said:

i agree the 3rd round draft picks is a wash but the rest of your comparison is silly because the end tally of a constantly shifting ledger tallied over 4 years does not tell the tale. let's try it another way:

canucks got:

sutter for 4 seasons and counting 

pedan for 3 seasons

pouliot for 2 seasons and counting

penguins got:

pedan for 1 season

bonino for 2 seasons 

fillip gustavasson as a prospect

clendenning for 9 games

a tiny piece of derek brassard for two seasons and counting

a tiny piece of carl hagelin for 2 seasons

a tiny piece of tanner pearson for one season and counting

that's not completely fair either, since bonino and hagelin were key players in a cup run.

Wrong, Crosby and Malkin were the key players in the cup run.  So good and making others look better.

29 minutes ago, FedorFedorov said:

No way the Canucks are my number one team. I will be a Canucks fan till I die and I've supported this team for the past 2 years. All I want is a cup. 

In fairness to you, that quote is "We have.......up Carcone"....

Which makes it sound like you're a Leaf claiming you got Carcone.

But what you meant is almost certainly "We gave" - which implies you believe Leivo doesn't have more value than Carcone.   The latter is a possibility (that Carcone emerges to be as good as Leivo), but if you're a die hard Canucks fan, you're probably liking that deal right now, at least the impact that potential Leivo production would have on the center-of-the-universe, where they undoubtedly did what CDC loves to do and write of a guy like Carcone instantly as an AHL plug.  If that deal were reversed, the reaction on these boards would be epic.

12 minutes ago, oldnews said:

In fairness to you, that quote is "We have.......up Carcone"....

Which makes it sound like you're a Leaf claiming you got Carcone.

But what you meant is almost certainly "We gave" - which implies you believe Leivo doesn't have more value than Carcone.   The latter is a possibility (that Carcone emerges to be as good as Leivo), but if you're a die hard Canucks fan, you're probably liking that deal right now, at least the impact that potential Leivo production would have on the center-of-the-universe, where they undoubtedly did what CDC loves to do and write of a guy like him as an AHL plug.  If that deal were reversed, the reaction on these boards would be epic.

which begs the next question what was he doing prior to 2 years ago? either jumped ship on the oilers or he's 12 years old, either way he hasn't experienced enough hardship as a true fan of either club to have me believe anything …….yet.

1 hour ago, Phat Fingers said:

Wrong, Crosby and Malkin were the key players in the cup run.  So good and making others look better.

They would have never made it past the Capitals if not for that Hagelin Bonino Kessel line.  Malkin and Crosby only had 4 points in that 6 game series with the Capitals doing a good job at limiting them.  They had no answer for the HBK line though - Trotz talked about how they were just too fast.  He was explaining they could dump the puck and would always be first to it.  That's in large part why they went out to get Eller.  The Penguins had 3 scoring lines and the Capitals were only able to shutdown 2 of them.  More and more teams talk about how your 3rd line has to now be your 4th line. 

10 hours ago, IBatch said:

The best part of the game was Petterssons hit on Dubinsky who came in looking to take his head off...and he’s a big body gentleman, a big body (Burke go suck eggs!).  Don’t want to get too cocky, but that was reminiscent of Bure getting his elbows up, what’s just as impressive with Pettersson is his smarts...glad to see that includes knocking guys on their butt who want a piece of him.   This guy has more than met expectations so far, I will never forget how touted the Sedins were when they came in, and when they didn’t come in guns a blazing the bad press they got, and how they were denigrated for not playing rough enough (we all know how tough they are at taking abuse, the lack of push back was criticized heavily at the beginning and followed them around like a dark cloud for most of their career, much respect for Torts comments about them when he came in, it was an accurate depiction),  the Alien isn’t getting any bad press which is awesome.

It looks like Dubinsky was playing the puck and not the body. I didn't see any attempt to rock the kid. He was probably as surprised as CDC with the counter hit.

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 2:06 PM, Smashian Kassian said:

We are lucky to have a guy like Brock on this team.

We are in good hands going forward with character people like Brock, Bo Horvat & Petey leading this team.

Q Hughes seems like one as well, he should fit like a glove with this group. 

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 2:13 PM, chon derry said:

brock boeser,  genuine class act all the way ! 

Anyone have a name for this doco?  Hopefully on youtube…

Archived