The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Everyone in St. Louis is available

The_Rocket

1 minute ago, VIC_CITY said:

This.

Draft another defenseman with our 2019 1st rounder and stay the course. But whatever you do, do NOT trade futures for 25+ year old players. Two years from now (2020-2021), when we're hopefully a playoff team, that will be the time to trade futures or sign big name free agents. But Benning needs to hoard all of his picks and prospects until then.

Yes it was a good point by Jan.

Currently we project to protect Juolevi & Hutton, have a spare or gimme on D. Hughes takes that last protected spot if he comes for the end of this year. If he signs in summer, he gets a hall pass.

And hell yes, continue to consider D at the draft.  I currently see us having about the 8th or 10th overall. One of Broberg or Byram is odd on chance to be available.  If we draft earlier; Kacko or Hughes would be too sweet to pass on.

Huge fan of tarasenko but he’d cost us an arm and leg 

BUT I’ll throw a hypothetical at your feet, it’s up to you if you want to pick it up

to stl: tanev, gaudette, goldobin, hutton, 1st round pick 2019 (not top 10 protected), 2nd round pick 2020

to van: tarasenko, parayko 

1 minute ago, billabong said:

BUT I’ll throw a hypothetical at your feet, it’s up to you if you want to pick it up

to stl: tanev, gaudette, goldobin, hutton, 1st round pick 2019 (not top 10 protected), 2nd round pick 2020

Too out there.

Just my opinion. That package di buy Duchesne though?  :P

1 hour ago, City-in-state-of-emergency said:

What happened too Tarasenko he was on the up an up but us all of sudden on the down an down.. 

Watch as Perron is shipped back to Vegas 

I wouldn't mind Vince Dunn maybe a pick and player like Tanev.

I would like Sanford but Jim Benning has his eyes on Bozak in free agency but I feel like if we go for a center they'll ask for Guadette.. maybe Guadette for Sanford.

Gaudette for Dunn I would consider.

17 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

thats a good point, I was just assuming it was tear down time with a move like that. Whats the best hockey trade then that you think we could make with them, if we're just talking roster players? 

Pouliot for Bortuzzo?  They get a younger player and remove a potential distraction in the room; we get a toughness upgrade on the blueline to provide a safer working environment.

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

Pouliot for Bortuzzo?  They get a younger player and remove a potential distraction in the room; we get a toughness upgrade on the blueline to provide a safer working environment.

We want speed on our D.

Zach Sanford up front?

20 minutes ago, J-Dizzle said:

I don’t disagree on Tanev in regards to injuries... I do disagree about Guddy though.  I think he’s already shown what he can be to a D-core if playing the right role.  

It's really difficult for me to trust Gudbranson playing anything more than a bottom pairing role. While he is proving to have a little bit more offense to his game than what was previously thought, I don't trust his decision making skills when it comes down to crunch time. 

24 minutes ago, billabong said:

That is quantity for quality. No way STL takes that trade. They can get at least 2 mid to late 1sts for both of their players. That package you suggest is not worth that.

44 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

thats a good point, I was just assuming it was tear down time with a move like that. Whats the best hockey trade then that you think we could make with them, if we're just talking roster players? 

I don't know.  

I doubt their young players are available.

Not interested in Pietrangelo = not paying that kind of price for one year of remaining term.

Many of the proposals for Parayko in here are batshizz craecrae.

Aside from those two, count out the youth (Dunn), and you have players we don't want (Gunnarsson, Bortuzzo, Bouwmeester) - and Edmondson - who would be interesting but not really a need.

Forwards - again count out their youth - Fabbri, Kyrou, Thomas....(Blais, Barbashev, meh).

Count out the junk and guys that make no sense to us - Maroon, Perron, Bozak. Nolan.  Steen is old.  Schwartz has one year of term and imo is not a great fit - we want some size at LW imo - unless St Louis overvalues one of our skilled LW

Tarasenko - doubtful it would make sense.

For me, the options that might be interesting are limited.   O'Reilly would make this team utterly elite down the middle - and dominant in the faceoff circle - with four outstanding defensive centers, two of whom can score with primarily dzone starts.  You put a pair of excellent two-way centers like O'Reilly and Horvat in opportune situations and they could be downright dominant - with four units that would be very difficult to score on.   If they added him, they could move EP to playmaking winger, get him out of those battles down low, and form a deadly top 6.    Alternatively, Schenn is a guy I might look at to convert to a physical LW for EP / potential upgrade on Leivo.   Would the price for either of these guys be both worth it and line up wth what the Canucks could offer?  I have no idea, but O'Reilly in particular is highly doubtful.   The other guy that might interest me is Klostin.

I don't see a real fit - although I would be one of (probably the few) who would see a fit for O'Reilly or Schenn here.  Are those guys 'available'?  Well, they just spent a whack on O'Reilly, who is presently their best player - so I'm skeptical that's the kind of rething they're looking at.  Schenn?  Maybe.  Otherwise I don't like the price of their top 2 RHD.

28 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

that would take some of the pressure off Guddy. 

13 minutes ago, oldnews said:

I don't know.  

Not interested in Pietrangelo = not paying that kind of price for one year of remaining term.

Aside from those two, count out the youth (Dunn), and you have players we don't want (Gunnarsson, Bortuzzo, Bouwmeester) - and Edmondson - who would be interesting but not really a need.

Forwards - again count out their youth - Fabbri, Kyrou, Thomas....(Blais, Barbashev, meh).

Count out the junk and guys that make no sense to us - Maroon, Perron, Bozak. Nolan.  Steen is old.  Schwartz has one year of term and imo is not a great fit - we want some size at LW imo - unless St Louis overvalues one of our skilled LW

For me, the options that might be interesting are limited.   O'Reilly would make this team utterly elite down the middle - and dominant in the faceoff circle - with four outstanding defensive centers, two of whom can score with primarily dzone starts.   If they added him, they could move EP to playmaking winger and form a deadly top 6.    Schenn is a guy I might look at to convert to a physical LW for EP / potential upgrade on Leivo.   Would the price for either of these guys be both worth it and line up wth what the Canucks could offer?  I have no idea.   The other guy that might interest me is Klostin.

I don't see a real fit - although I would be one of (probably the few) who would see a fit for O'Reilly or Schenn here.  Are those guys 'available'?  Well, they just spent s whack on O'Reilly, who is presently their best player - so I'm skeptical that's the kind of rething they're looking at.  Schenn?

Schenn would fit Green's style for sure, probably the most achievable guy for us as well. ROR would be great but the price would be close to Taraskenko levels. 

33 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Bortuzzo is expiring - and a RHD.   I don't see the point.

Correction - unless you're one of those people shopping Tanman - in which case he'd make sense as a placeholder if the rest of the value made sense, assuming St Louis were looking to load up.

10 minutes ago, oldnews said:

I don't know.  

For me, the options that might be interesting are limited.   O'Reilly would make this team utterly elite down the middle - and dominant in the faceoff circle - with four outstanding defensive centers, two of whom can score with primarily dzone starts.   If they added him, they could move EP to playmaking winger and form a deadly top 6.    Schenn is a guy I might look at to convert to a physical LW for EP / potential upgrade on Leivo.   Would the price for either of these guys be both worth it and line up wth what the Canucks could offer?  I have no idea.   The other guy that might interest me is Klostin.

I don't see a real fit - although I would be one of (probably the few) who would see a fit for O'Reilly or Schenn here.  Are those guys 'available'?  Well, they just spent s whack on O'Reilly, who is presently their best player - so I'm skeptical that's the kind of rething they're looking at.  Schenn?

I'd say Tarasenko would make a lot of sense too but would cost too much. probably our first and young forward (maybe Dahlen? Gaudette?) might even cost more if St. Louis is worried the canucks don't finish bottom 10. too much, imo. 

But just for fun..

Baertschi - Horvat - tarasenko

Goldobin - Pettersson - Boeser

...that's nice

Archived