The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Nucks @ Preds 5pm PST Thursday Dec 13 2018 -- All Pettersson All the Time Edition

xereau

3 hours ago, FedorFedorov said:

Getting so frustrated. My sex life is gone completely because of this team. I can't stand all the dumb moves. I can't even look my girlfriend in the eyes because it reminds me of the disappointment of my team. 

We have told you already you can’t call your couch your girlfriend.

4 hours ago, FedorFedorov said:

One more loss from Green and a serious meeting needs to be held. Wouldn't be surprised with the Aqualinis started firing people starting from the top. Green has been good these last games but thinking about it he's not a coach that takes teams into the playoffs. 

Eriksson needs to be sent down to the AHL as well. Why the hell would you send Gaunce down who's better than Schaller and Gagner who's far better than Schaller and Motte. 

Getting so frustrated. My sex life is gone completely because of this team. I can't stand all the dumb moves. I can't even look my girlfriend in the eyes because it reminds me of the disappointment of my team. 

Desi is that you.....?  You really crack me up!!!! Is Gaunce your new Sanguinetti??? 

One more loss from Green and a serious meeting needs to be held. Wouldn't be surprised with the Aqualinis started firing people starting from the top. Green has been good these last games but thinking about it he's not a coach that takes teams into the playoffs. 

1A06ECB2-D49C-41F2-BE85-6DDA8B8EA947.jpeg

Is that cast on your right arm cramping your style?:ph34r:

As a woman myself, I believe she must have nerves  of steel if she puts up with statements like this.

Wow :huh:

3 hours ago, mll said:

Stecher would have more points if he didn't ignore the Fs that much.  He is probably the D that shoots the most when there is no screen despite having Fs wide open calling for the puck and he has such a weak shot.  

Reminds me of edler on the pp... his wind up is so slow yet he chooses to shoot rather than pass to boeser or petterson who have a way higher scoring percentage than him. 

3 hours ago, TNucks1 said:

decent, lets hope quinn signs this summer.

He will.  He's talking about it now.  I still wonder why he didn't this Fall... confidence... too many D here... just being nostalgic for university... Boeser talked about going back and didn't.  

We need a SERIOUS discussion (sans Trump, lol) about how Canada and the U.S. can figure out how to do the pre-NHL thing.  Ruining a university degree to play hockey is nuts, losing a chance to get higher education as is the case for Junior players has been frowned upon.  (Years back many didn't even finish High School.)   The fact that the College players aren't really compelled legally to follow through on the draft is a sign of something not quite working.

What I would say is that the two systems are interesting and in the case of Junior Hockey, actually unique.  The academies in Soccer, the old Soviet system of Sports Schools, there are all kinds of models.   Junior Hockey -- especially the BCHL model (more local, younger?) adds to the mix.  But University could be good too -- especially as it might promote adult education.

Junior hockey has made Canada a great Hockey nation.  The best.   So good, in fact, I'd love to see it have a "Summer edition" where a different set of players were prepped for Professional Soccer.  Hey, I have a dream. 

Canucks have got this one if they can stay out of the box and if they can keep the Preds defenseman from joining the rush.

It would help if certain individuals were not  reffing the game. 

EP, Brock, and Leivo are going to stay hot and Bo and Jake will each pot a goal.

4-2 Canucks.

Thanks for the awesome GTD Xereau.

GCG

:gocan:

6 minutes ago, gameburn said:

He will.  He's talking about it now.  I still wonder why he didn't this Fall... confidence... too many D here... just being nostalgic for university... Boeser talked about going back and didn't.  

We need a SERIOUS discussion (sans Trump, lol) about how Canada and the U.S. can figure out how to do the pre-NHL thing.  Ruining a university degree to play hockey is nuts, losing a chance to get higher education as is the case for Junior players has been frowned upon.  (Years back many didn't even finish High School.)   The fact that the College players aren't really compelled legally to follow through on the draft is a sign of something not quite working.

What I would say is that the two systems are interesting and in the case of Junior Hockey, actually unique.  The academies in Soccer, the old Soviet system of Sports Schools, there are all kinds of models.   Junior Hockey -- especially the BCHL model (more local, younger?) adds to the mix.  But University could be good too -- especially as it might promote adult education.

Junior hockey has made Canada a great Hockey nation.  The best.   So good, in fact, I'd love to see it have a "Summer edition" where a different set of players were prepped for Professional Soccer.  Hey, I have a dream. 

Quality post.

17 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

Quality post.

Nice of you to say so.  

These are young men, uncertain if their dreams will really come true.  So much is at stake.  Look at Jake: I'm sure he had doubts part way through last year, or struggling in the AHL.  

I'm older now, but I'm reminded of how much they take on.  

Living in the interior, I have season tickets for a BCHL team since the 80s. I’ve seen a lot of young men come and go. Very few make the NHL or AHL. A few others play in the ECHL or Europe.

The majority end up as.general labourers and some parlay their hockey into a Scolly in the US. 

Going all in for hockey at that age is risky business, so your post struck a chord.

Archived