The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Nucks @ Preds 5pm PST Thursday Dec 13 2018 -- All Pettersson All the Time Edition

xereau

13 hours ago, Dombrova22 said:

5-1 Preds. Preds are going to be angry and looking for revenge. 

Ps. Is there anyway to ignore a users post?? Someone in particular is making me dumber by the second.. I think you can figure out who. 

Yes - hover over the user name on the left side of the screen.  When the pop up appear click on "Ignore User" .  Then select all 4 check boxes and click on Ok.  It's a fantastic feature.:towel:

14 hours ago, FedorFedorov said:

Getting so frustrated. My sex life is gone completely because of this team. I can't stand all the dumb moves. I can't even look my girlfriend in the eyes because it reminds me of the disappointment of my team. 

Perhaps this will help you to appreciate the disappointment your girlfriend lives with every day. 

It should be a tight game.

The Preds are missing almost their entire core and their half their top six in Forsberg, Arvidsson and Turris with Subban sidelined as well.

The month of December the Canucks the same record as the Preds and they have embarrassed them last week already dominating them through two periods last game.

The Nucks are on a roll.

17 minutes ago, TheGuardian_ said:

It should be a tight game.

The Preds are missing almost their entire core and their half their top six in Forsberg, Arvidsson and Turris with Subban sidelined as well.

The month of December the Canucks the same record as the Preds and they have embarrassed them last week already dominating them through two periods last game.

The Nucks are on a roll.

Turris will be back in the lineup tonight but the other 3 are still on IR.

15 hours ago, FedorFedorov said:

Getting so frustrated. My sex life is gone completely because of this team. I can't stand all the dumb moves. I can't even look my girlfriend in the eyes because it reminds me of the disappointment of my team. 

Fedor, if this means future breeding is out of the question for you, then the current path of the Canucks is a good one.

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Lines in morning skate:

Goldobin-Horvat-Virtanen

Leivo-Pettersson-Boeser

Roussel-Granlund-Eriksson

Schaller-Beagle-Motte

Extras: Gaudette and Baertschi 

Edler-Tanev

Hutton-Gudbranson

Pouliot-Stecher

Del Zotto-Biega

I like the look of those lines.

Even with Sutter absent, there's an improved balance there with the arrival of Leivo.

Goldobin didn't really provided the forecheck or physical support that Leivo is able to for the EP/BB line.

And Horvat Virtanen don't really need that support, so Goldobin on their wing brings some skill that also complements them well imo.

Beagle return has made a huge difference imo - and now with Granny still forced into center duty, they can at least load up a couple veteran wingers to temper the matchups he has to face.   Granlund has taken too much crap on these boards imo among people that don't seem to realize what he had to step up to over a long stretch of a depleted forward group...

Multiple overlapping key losses - ie both shutdown centers (Sutter and Beagle), top two shutdown D (Tanev and Edler) - and all of them the top 4 penalty killers on this team - will send almost any team into a tailspin.

Anyhow, with only one key piece really missing at this point (Sutter), this lineup is pretty much par for the course relative to opponents in general, and imo we're getting a better impression in the present of what they're capable of (not unlike the start of the season)....

4 minutes ago, oldnews said:

I like the look of those lines.

Even with Sutter absent, there's an improved balance there with the arrival of Leivo.

Goldobin didn't really provided the forecheck or physical support that Leivo is able to for the EP/BB line.

And Horvat Virtanen don't really need that support, so Goldobin on their wing brings some skill that also complements them well imo.

Beagle return has made a huge difference imo - and now with Granny still forced into center duty, they can at least load up a couple veteran wingers to temper the matchups he has to face.   Granlund has taken too much crap on these boards imo among people that don't seem to realize what he had to step up to over a long stretch of a depleted forward group...

Anyhow, with only one key piece really missing at this point (Sutter), this lineup is pretty much par for the course relative to opponents in general, and imo we're getting a better impression in the present of what they're capable of (not unlike the start of the season)....

It's going to get interesting when Sutter and Baer  come back -  one can hope the injury bug is finished with us  but I foresee some moves on the horizon and I do wonder who

29 minutes ago, Bo fan said:

It's going to get interesting when Sutter and Baer  come back -  one can hope the injury bug is finished with us  but I foresee some moves on the horizon and I do wonder who

With Sutter, I imagine Granlund takes Schaller's spot. Baer is a diff issue though. Maybe he rotates with Goldy. I can't see Leivo sitting at this point.

Good problem to have though!!

Just have this feeling but that Schaller and Beagle are going to get their first's tonight in Nux colours.

Those two have been good with Motte since being put together, creating havoc and generating some good chances in the o-zone.  Starting to see what JB meant when he said these guys will create o-zone chances.  Their speed, grit, and resiliency leads to those chances.

Also really like how feisty Beagle has been.

Archived