• Height
    6'0" / 183 cm
  • Weight
    170 lbs / 77 kg
  • Shoots
    R
  • Contract
    20/21

A physical two-way defenceman that plays a structured competitive game. Smooth skating complements his ability to control the puck at higher speeds. Displays a pretty hard shot and crisp tape-to-tape passing ability, but is actually relied on more in the defensive zone. Battles very hard for puck possession and sees the game in lanes. Very strong positionally and is poised in his own end. As he continues to grow, he will become a more well-rounded defenceman with each game, as he recognizes and learns from his mistakes. Can play long shifts. [EP] 

Father: Darren Eliot

PLAYER STATISTICS
S TEAM LEAGUE GP G A TP PIM +/-   POST GP G A TP PIM +/-
2011-12 6.png Honeybaked Bantam Minor AAA HPMBHL 17 4 10 14 24   |              
2012-13 6.png Honeybaked Bantam Major AAA HPBHL 22 4 5 9 24   |              
2013-14 6.png Honeybaked U16 HPHL U16 21 1 5 6 32   |              
  6.png Honeybaked U18 HPHL U18 4 0 0 0 4   |              
2014-15 6.png Muskegon Lumberjacks USHL 58 0 4 4 73 1 | Playoffs 11 0 1 1 32 0
2015-16 6.png Muskegon Lumberjacks USHL 55 5 8 13 92 -7 |              
2016-17 6.png Michigan State Univ. NCAA 35 0 3 3 34 -11 |              
2017-18 6.png Michigan State Univ. NCAA 26 2 3 5 16 -5 |              
  3.png Sarnia Sting OHL 16 2 1 3 4 -1 | Playoffs 12 0 3 3 10 4
2018-19 3.png Sarnia Sting OHL 32 7 20 27 34 1 |              
2018-19 AHL/ECHL/USHL/WHL/OHL/QMJHL stats powered by HockeyTech

TOURNAMENT STATISTICS
S TEAM LEAGUE GP G A TP PIM +/-   POST GP G A TP PIM +/-
2014-15 6.png Team Forest USA-S16 5 1 2 3 -   |              
2015-16 6.png Team Orange USA-S17 5 2 4 6 2   |              
  31.png USA U18 “C” Hlinka Gretzky Cup 4 0 0 0 6 2 |          

1 hour ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

A real winner would’ve switched both L’s to W’s and changed his name to Mitch Ewwiot.

haha eww might not have been the best way to go.

Any chance this effects a potential Brassard signing? 

I personally like it, no risk and a lack of RD makes this nothing more then money and a contract.

26 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

Any chance this effects a potential Brassard signing

Maybe, when it comes to contract slots (50 man limit), depending on who they sign, re-sign, and let expire and clear between now and next season. Otherwise, I don’t think so. Adding Eliot doesn’t suddenly make us too deep on RHDs to also sign Brassard. 

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME
  • Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

haha eww might not have been the best way to go.

Any chance this effects a potential Brassard signing? 

I personally like it, no risk and a lack of RD makes this nothing more then money and a contract.

Doubt it affects the Brassard signing. Honestly, you can't have too many defensive prospects and both Brassard and Eliot are quality prospects. Brassard will likely sign in the spring. My gut says sometime between March and May. And Brassard (along with Eliot) will get ATO's and play some late season games with Utica this season too.

Hopefully Eliot is another McEneny/Sautner/Chatfield like gem and builds some buzz going forward... since I expect one of McEneny or Sautner too get the callup (and stay) once Del Zotto/Edler get dealt for sure.

8 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Maybe, when it comes to contract slots (50 man limit), depending on who they sign, re-sign, and let expire and clear between now and next season. Otherwise, I don’t think so. Adding Eliot doesn’t suddenly make us too deep on RHDs to also sign Brassard. 

there should be a lot of space for this signing and maybe 1 or 2 others, Dorsett's contract comes off next year, I would imagine Gagner is a buyout, and i can't see all of Kero, Archie, Boucher and Gaunce coming back. 

• Upvote 2

Just a personal observation. Shortage of right D in all of hockey when compared to left D in numbers. I say numbers because when I make a note of the top D in the NHL they are mostly righties. Seems this generation of players are mostly leftie players in general. My generation is mostly righties in general. When I take note at beer leugue most of us "experienced players" are righties. 

On 12/14/2018 at 8:04 PM, Kootenay Gold said:

I am a fan of the Canucks identifying worthy FA players that cost the team nothing but an ELC especially when they are well under the 50 contract limit. They have had pretty good success so far in doing this.

Zack McEwen is a great example.

So is Chris Tanev.

• Cheers 1

• 2 weeks later...