The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mitch Eliot | D

ruilin96

18 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Now, is it worth getting excited over this kid?  I know he's fairly old and will most likely be a Utica depth player in the next season or two.  But anything that jumps out at all?

Excited? Probably not. But you need guys to play in Utica and you need guys you can eventually recall to play a 6/7 spot with injuries and perhaps even a full time bottom pair role.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/17/2019 at 2:42 PM, -Vintage Canuck- said:

That's a big point increase over his previous years and it's great but our enthusiasm needs to be tempered with the fact he was a 20 year old in the OHL.  But let's take a glass half full view.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Related somewhat to Eliot, I was looking up Sarnia and noticed their leading scorer is Hugo Leufvenius. He's a 6'2 224lb Swedish winger. If we were scouting Eliot, I wonder if the Canucks have scouted him as well and perhaps give him a tryout in prospects camp and possibly consider signing him.

• 6 months later...
12 hours ago, GoldenAlien said:

Eliot gets his first pro goal in his third AHL game.  Also had 4 SOG and named the third star. 

Hard to tell from that replay but the Pens put the puck in their own net so if it were not for an "own goal" the Comets would have been shut out at home for the third straight game.  Oh how the mighty have fallen.