The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Philadelphia Flyers at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 15, 2018

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, MikeBossy said:

Hence why i for one don't lose any sleep over not drafting Tkachuk instead of Joulevi :)

If Tkachuk is anything like his father, he is likely going to drive up his price for his next contract and would never take any discount for his team. I hope he finds a way to screw with the Flames in the upcoming summer.

So Im oficially sold on Gaudette.  I have zero doubts that this kid is going to become another engine for the Canucks.  Hes the type of athlete that the more reps he gets, the better he becomes over time.   And because he is the driven type itll definitely happen.  I think Loui and Roussel compliment well what he is trying to do and will be good mentors for him.  I noticed Loui trying to get the puck to Adam as he was working hard.  That line could take off if Gaudette starts chipping in.

22 minutes ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

So Im oficially sold on Gaudette.  I have zero doubts that this kid is going to become another engine for the Canucks.  Hes the type of athlete that the more reps he gets, the better he becomes over time.   And because he is the driven type itll definitely happen.  I think Loui and Roussel compliment well what he is trying to do and will be good mentors for him.  I noticed Loui trying to get the puck to Adam as he was working hard.  That line could take off if Gaudette starts chipping in.

yeah cant wait tell he gains more wait, gunna be deadly.

3 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

So free skating is the key to NHL stardom? 

Recall reading Guy Lafleur saying the same thing(his biography), when he was growing up(1960's) in Thurso, Quebec. Combine a small town arena, with an utterly hockey-obsessed, talented kid, & these stories become more possible.

4 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

Gaudette played a great game!

4 hours ago, Qwags said:

Marky kept us in it early on. Glad we could give him run support.

Easily Eriksson's best game of the season.

4 hours ago, CrazyAL said:

Never thought I would say this but LittleThings Loui with a beast game. Where is this guy been the last 2 seasons?

Kind of a strange game, but nice to see the Canucks get the win. And there were a lot of things to like about tonight's game.

1. The Canucks could have easily been down 2-0 after the first two minutes, but Marky game up with some big saves early--and some big saves late. WIth below average or even average goaltending, tonight's game would have been very different. Marky deserved being chosen as first star.

2. Nice to see Gaudette get on the scoreboard with an assist. He played a very good game and had some great opportunities to score. And his defensive play was good.

3. JV did not get on the board and did not generate a lot of comment, but I think he played an excellent game. He made a lot of very good defensive plays tonight, and was good in the offensive zone. 

4. Eriksson played well. Before he scored I was thinking that he deserved to get on the board as he was playing well at both ends of the ice.

5. Tanev was a rock on D, and scored a great goal on the Canucks' first shot of the game. 

Here are some other, less positive, comments.

6. EP40 had a quiet game. I would always be reluctant to claim any play he makes as a mistake because he is so creative with the puck. Not everything works every time, but his instincts are are impressive. However, he had a quiet game tonight despite getting an assist. He was fighting the puck on the PP and he seemed to be trying to do too much himself tonight at 5-on-5.

7. The Canuck PP overall really struggled tonight..

8. It seems like every game Pouliot looks to me like a weak link. He made two bad plays on the Flyers goal tonight. Shortly before the goal he has possession of the puck near the Canuck blueline. Instead of doing something good with the puck he passed it to no-one in particular across the ice near the Flyer blueline and the Flyers gained possession and skated back quickly. Pouliot made a pretty casual attempt at a poke check on Laughton, who got past him and scored. Pouliot should have either take the body on the play or focused more on making a play on the puck.

9. Finally, on a positive note, great to see Boeser playing better. And Goldy is playing better defence.

7 minutes ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

probably the best part of the game was randorf completely burying the reporter who asked pettersson that dumb question and **** all over him XD

hes more of a hockey player than anyone on the team lmao

SNIPE CELLY, BOIS

Bo's close though.

3 hours ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

Can't believe the round they nabbed this gem! Looks like he'll be an incredibly versatile C, that will do it all, on an engine that don't quit.

Really like that 3rd line. Huge potential there.

4 hours ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

I agree. Now they might as well move Sutter for a player like Burokosky and pick up a draft pick in the deal.

Gaudette is the future and has as much if not more offensive upside then Sutter. 

It bodes well for the future when you can move a player like Sutter because you have youth to fill the hole . Maybe Sutter for a young D man and a pick.

We are about to have too many players on the roster. Do they send Gaudette down to make room or.......

Is that how you reward the kid?

There is so great difference between December and November!

Marky was solid  -   disallowed goals especially in the early minutes.

Tanev's goal is great.

Boeser's shooting is wonderful.

Gaudette is the next young star of Canucks.

Beagle is so important in PK.

Lievo is a good addition.

This is the best game of Loui in this season.

Pouilet is the only one showing weakness.

Philly is tired, weak goalie and D group.

Great game by Marky, man if this guy was consistent, sports psychologist may be the best help for him.

Chippy, disorganized game by the boys, good thing they were playing an awful team.

Nice to win one when we aren't the best team.

It is amazing the difference Lievo has made.  He just makes the top 6 slot a lot better.

Goldy-EP-Brock wasn't working as a line, just a little to soft.  Moving in Lievo to play the "North-South" role added something they were lacking.

Sliding Goldy up with Bo and Jake did the same thing, added an element they didn't have as they are both primarily "North-South" players (to use the jargon from the talking heads last night).

8 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Lars Molin. Wow there's a name from the past. 

I remember the hype about he got 46 points. 

Faded away quick and went back to Sweden. 

We have a pretty rich history of Swedish players coming thru Vancouver. My favs are Ohlund, the Twins and Thomas Gradin. Gradin was a fabulous player but also consider what he has done since playing. Spotted Edler, involved with the Twins draft and went to the mat over drafting EP40 as our #5. He needs more recognition by fans. 

6 hours ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

As much as Oake wanted to establish EP40 as a genetic hockey mutant I respected Elias constant refrain about PRACTICE!  Hours of practice to get him where he is now. What is the rule that Gretzky always quoted? Rule of 10,000 reps to acquire a skill. 

HNIC Panel: They dwelled on Tanev's potential offensive upside. Thinking he was being coached to hang back and not push the offence.  I don't see his offensive upside but if that is what gets talked about in NHL circles it might increase his trade potential.  

Archived