The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[SIM] HSG - Season 2 (Applications welcome)

AV.

Re: ANA-WPG Trade

While we believe every GM is capable of running their own team (and therefore, we take a very hands-off approach with interfering and using commissioner power), the WPG-ANA deal is really indefensible and the community reaction only reinforces this.  While we commend Stamkos for doing a fantastic job of maximizing his return on his player (which was our sole reason for initially posting), the type of asset-management going on from Morris was, in kind terms, very subpar and harmful to his team.

Let this be a formal warning to all GMs that it pays to be sensible about players and asset-management.  There is no shame in asking for help or consulting other GMs if you are unsure about player values or unsure if a deal is fair.  Unless of a trade deadline, you have ample time to think and analyze the deal you are making well before you send it in.

• Like 1

Anaheim trade block: 

Patrick Eaves 

Jakub Silfverberg

Listening to offers for: 

Nick Ritchie 

Corey Perry

Looking for: 

Picks 

Cap Relief 

Young Centres 

Young RD 

Anyone is available for the right price, hit me up if you see someone you like and we’ll see what happens :) 

Red Wings Trading Block:

Forwards:

Frans Neilson

Justin Abdelkater

Luke Glendening

Darren Helm

Defence:

Mike Green

Jonathan Ericsson

Trevor Daley

Looking for young roster players, prospects, and picks.

Will also consider lateral moves for non listed players to shake things up a bit

2 hours ago, Alain Vigneault said:

Re: ANA-WPG Trade

While we believe every GM is capable of running their own team (and therefore, we take a very hands-off approach with interfering and using commissioner power), the WPG-ANA deal is really indefensible and the community reaction only reinforces this.  While we commend Stamkos for doing a fantastic job of maximizing his return on his player (which was our sole reason for initially posting), the type of asset-management going on from Morris was, in kind terms, very subpar and harmful to his team.

Let this be a formal warning to all GMs that it pays to be sensible about players and asset-management.  There is no shame in asking for help or consulting other GMs if you are unsure about player values or unsure if a deal is fair.  Unless of a trade deadline, you have ample time to think and analyze the deal you are making well before you send it in.

I understand what you're saying but I really would've appreciated it that in the future you don't post a trade like that if you think it's that bad. I thought it was a good deal because of Ritchie's potential and his low cost in terms of cap space. That's how I defend it. Hopefully you guys don't hose me down for this on Kik. In the future I'll ask AV for advice like I did in RGMG. I thought that Penguins team I built in RGMG had lots of potential before those computer issues ended the league. 

Whatever guys it's just a game and I hope everyone understands I'm not trying to wreck my team.

Cool have a nice day guys 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

To Winnipeg: 

Nick Ritchie 

2019 Anaheim 3rd 

To Anaheim: 

2019 Winnipeg 1st 

Jérémy Roy 

*Please no comments or reaction about this.  I had a conversation with Winnipeg and the rationale provided was deemed sufficient.

Projected Vancouver Canucks Lineup

Sven Baertschi - Elias Pettersson - Brock Boeser

Tyler Johnson - Bo Horvat - Tanner Pearson

Antoine Roussel - Adam Gaudette - Josh Leivo

Nikolai Goldobin - Jay Beagle - Brandon Sutter

ex: Jay Beagle, Tim Schaller, Ryan Spooner

Quinn Hughes - Alex Edler

Chris Tanev - Troy Stetcher

Ben Hutton - Bowen Byram/Ashton Sautner 

Jacob Markstrom

Thatcher Demko

Canucks are willing to take offers Sven Baertschi, Nikolai Goldobin, Ryan Spooner and Brandon Sutter, for teams that are looking for secondary scoring.

Edited by WalkWithElias40