The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[SIM] HSG - Season 2 (Applications welcome)

AV.

24 minutes ago, Alain Vigneault said:

An idea:

Step 1:  Sim the rest of season and announce champions

Step 2:  Dissolve league

Step 3: Create a smaller league with custom/throwback rosters

Feedback appreciated ;) 

This makes me sad. 

But if this is the direction it's headed. 

Sim season, sadly dissolve, smaller league with current rosters would be my vote.

Some clarification:

Unfortunately, sustaining the interest of 31 people is tough.  

While can definitely finish this season off and continue with this league, one of the major reasons for moving into a new league would be so that we could make a smaller league where GM turnover (hopefully) wouldn't be too high and too frequent.  Sane33 and I really appreciate the core of guys who follow this and keep up, but that core is way closer to 10-15 people than it is 31.

A smaller league would make the league more competitive and would also mean that sheet updates would be easier to input.  A benefit of a smaller league is that we could always expand if necessary.

From what I know, our sim engine has authentic rosters for all years up until present day and it could be fun to experiment with that.

I've seen some feedback already but I'd appreciate more before any decision is made.

14 minutes ago, Gimmix said:

What does a 'smaller' league entail? CPU teams, or control of multiple teams? Or entirely custom

i can only make it down to as many teams as there was in the league in that given year... example. 1995/96 there were 26 teams

however if there are 5 teams without a gm, I can default them to CPU management until we get new gms for it!

Edited by Sane33