The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] WINNIPEG JETS @ VANCOUVER CANUCKS | DEC.22 | 7:00PM | CBC CLOWNS | SN650 |

J-23

28 minutes ago, TNucks1 said:

well he was 18, not like he could have an alcholic one, with the media back lashin on him, im sure afterwards him and his boys, celebrated after...

Sure he could. Drinking age is 18 in Sweden so there would have been zero backlash If he would have had real champagne. 

22 minutes ago, The_Rocket said:

Sitting in the Edmonton International Airport right now waiting for my flight home to Nanaimo for the holidays. Very excited that I actually get to watch this one in the pacific time zone. 

Laine is the most overrated player in the league. Heck the jets

Peterrsson  17-19-36pts in 32 games

Laine   23-7-30 in 35 games

Nuff said.  The Laine sleeps tonight while the Alien plays out of this world.  4-2 Nux.  Alien with 4 pts.

Huge test for the Nucks against a big bodied team that has heaps of offence and a great D Core. This is what I hope for the Nucks in 2 years. Just need to add more size, maturity, and shore up our bottom D. I'd take the Jets over the Laffs any day.

Canucks prove they are in the mix with an overtime win. 6 - 5. GCG

1 hour ago, The_Rocket said:

Sitting in the Edmonton International Airport right now waiting for my flight home to Nanaimo for the holidays. Very excited that I actually get to watch this one in the pacific time zone. 

Laine is the most overrated player in the league. Heck the jets

What a coincidence, my sister is heading home today too, to see parents in Nanaimo.  Agreed Laine is overrated, and hopefully the hype will give the Jets a big cap headache soon.  Wheeler deserves every penny of his contract and I’m happy for him, one of the most underrated players in the league the past five years, quietly in or near the top ten or better year after year, a big body and a great leader is finally getting some recognition.  

Not that Laine is a chump, he’s also a big body and one of the better shooters in the league and just getting started.  Between him, Mathews and Marner the fate of second contracts dangles on a string.  Personally I think the league and the NHLA should cap it, going straight from first to third contract money even for stars is not creating a good work environment for teams.  A handful of guys making huge bucks, the rest getting shafted by excepting lower pay once their past thirty (Vanek for example), or simply retiring early because they can’t get work anymore as teams look to their farm system to balance the books.  Maybe they should make a new rule that allows a team to select one contract to not count against the cap up to a certain amount, or at the very least make it fair given TB, Vegas and Florida essentially can have 10% or more money to work with than the rest of the league...that’s like adding a Boeser for free to each team to make it even.  

1 minute ago, IBatch said:

What a coincidence, my sister is heading home today too, to see parents in Nanaimo.  Agreed Laine is overrated, and hopefully the hype will give the Jets a big cap headache soon.  Wheeler deserves every penny of his contract and I’m happy for him, one of the most underrated players in the league the past five years, quietly in or near the top ten or better year after year, a big body and a great leader is finally getting some recognition.  

Not that Laine is a chump, he’s also a big body and one of the better shooters in the league and just getting started.  Between him, Mathews and Marner the fate of second contracts dangles on a string.  Personally I think the league and the NHLA should cap it, going straight from first to third contract money even for stars is not creating a good work environment for teams.  A handful of guys making huge bucks, the rest getting shafted by excepting lower pay once their past thirty (Vanek for example), or simply retiring early because they can’t get work anymore as teams look to their farm system to balance the books.  Maybe they should make a new rule that allows a team to select one contract to not count against the cap up to a certain amount, or at the very least make it fair given TB, Vegas and Florida essentially can have 10% or more money to work with than the rest of the league...that’s like adding a Boeser for free to each team to make it even.  

Became a Wheeler fan when he called Kane out and packed his bags. Wet shorts and all!

29 minutes ago, Pete M said:

....MDZ in the pressbox, we hope.

I'd rather have MDZ tonight than Pouliot.  It will be a heavy, hitting game, and Poo with 1 possible push/lean/hit tonight versus Zotty's probable 6 or so punishing ones (if playing) would make a huge difference

If Roussel dials back and doesn't wake up Buff the game will be entertaining, should Buff decide to plant his arse deep in the Nuck zone, well Guddy will have a problem.

Edler has been playing great, his trade value has gone up, funny how it is contract years some players (Eriksson) have their best seasons.

The amount Edler and Tanev have been played almost insures a possible injury hopefully Green starts dialing them back a bit.

Two Canadian teams, last game before Xmas for both, neither will want to sit around on a loss. With 5 days off it could get spirited but it could end up a no hitter so everyone enjoys the time off.

Merry HO HO:towel:

16 minutes ago, Googlie said:

I'd rather have MDZ tonight than Pouliot.  It will be a heavy, hitting game, and Poo with 1 possible push/lean/hit tonight versus Zotty's probable 6 or so punishing ones (if playing) would make a huge difference

I really don't get the Pouliot hate......he makes some errors, but he works hard, plays physical and still has plenty of time to develop.  He needs to play

Archived