The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] WINNIPEG JETS @ VANCOUVER CANUCKS | DEC.22 | 7:00PM | CBC CLOWNS | SN650 |

J-23

1 minute ago, debluvscanucks said:

Get over it?

New team.  A decade ago and you're still reliving it?  There's therapy for that.

This team is showing it's toughness.  They're just not dirty and I really don't want that to change.  But it may have to.

I don’t think we seriously hit a jet tonight, how exactly are we showing our toughness? Don’t forget punching bags are built tough but they’ll never win a cup.

Just now, debluvscanucks said:

I'm not in the mood.

And can't understand this gibberish.

Canucks outplayed the Jets.  Refs handed this one to them.  That's how that went.

Hmm, the way I saw it the jets roughed us up then took over when we were tired.

Just now, Dumb Nuck said:

I don’t think we seriously hit a jet tonight, how exactly are we showing our toughness? Don’t forget punching bags are built tough but they’ll never win a cup.

Chiarot skates away with no retribution.

Its the Canuck way. 

• -SN- unpinned and unfeatured this topic
6 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

I'm not in the mood.

And can't understand this gibberish.

Canucks outplayed the Jets.  Refs handed this one to them.  That's how that went.

That's the flaw with putting the whistles away and letting the players "decide" the game.  Players start with the nonsense and the ref's influence the outcome by not calling clear penalties

Just now, debluvscanucks said:

Quit trolling.

Now.

I’m not trolling, I guarantee I’ve been a fan a lot longer than you. I want to see them win a cup and that’s why it’s so frustrating knowing we’re not on the right path not addressing our toughness.

2 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

It was an NHL Canadian dollar equalization scheme. Nothing to do with government. You are talking about tax breaks which were canceled after public outcry. 

In the 90s Canadian dollar was in the 60 cent range.  Quebec and Wpg had to relocate. Canadian teams were struggling to pay bills so NHL introduced the program to bail out Vancouver Calgary Edmonton Ottawa. 

I think Toronto was ok but even MTL was in trouble. 

It was never implemented as I recall or Winnipeg and QC would have not been relocated, why they went to the federal government. Which was rejected.

1 hour ago, wai_lai416 said:

Oh ya I’m estatic about losing to backup goalies and getting shutout to add to the insult. If u check back the past couple of years we have got to be the team with the worse records against backup goalies.

Don’t let your obsession over backup goalies spoil your Christmas.

Have a Merry Christmas!

So Canucks can't score and then everyone just blames the refs for the loss? You can't win if you don't score.

Maybe if the Canucks were strong enough and could get some shots from the slot infront of the net instead of shooting everything from outside they'd have a better chance of scoring, but the Jets are just to physically strong for the Canucks to allow them to do this.

Archived