The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How long until Markstrom has proven himself?

Rate this topic

The_Rocket

2 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

The fact that you're actually saying that and not acknowledging that's what you did to me for 2 months and continue to do it is baffling, but what ever floats your weird boat, and looking at someone's profile isn't trolling just so you know. Trolling is what you're doing, but you just can't comprehend that sadly, and continue to troll and can't accept someone calling you out on it. You tag me saying basically and implying I don't know history and no one ever said that about Eddie Lack, then quote me and say well a handful may of said it :picard:. Trolling me by quoting someone else and tagging me in your response to them to get a reaction out of me is trolling, but again you just can't comprehend that sadly, but good luck with that. 

Except that’s not what I did for 2 months. Tbh most of your post truly made little sense. Maybe you should work on that if confuse reactions bother you so much to stalk and troll me and other posters on here. :lol:

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Except that’s not what I did for 2 months. Tbh most of your post truly made little sense. Maybe you should work on that if confuse reactions bother you so much to stalk and troll me and other posters on here. :lol:

Really? So when I called you out on my status post you never denied that you did that and actually acknowledge you did by saying because you wrote a lot of wtf posts your words. When you were the only person who gave the confused faces and other posters didn't and actually upvoted them, so how come those other poster didn't think it was a wtf post like you only thought, because you just wanted to be a troll. Then I decided for one day, not 1 month not 2 months, 1 day to do the same thing you did to me and instead just react to your wtf posts with an emoji and not quote you. It clearly has bothered you a lot to have to start taking photos to try and back up your claim now :lol:, because you just can't handle the fact I called you out for doing it.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Really? So when I called you out on my status post you never denied that you did that and actually acknowledge you did by saying because you wrote a lot of wtf posts your words. When you were the only person who gave the confused faces and other posters didn't and actually upvoted them, so how come those other poster didn't think it was a wtf post like you only thought, because you just wanted to be a troll. Then I decided for one day, not 1 month not 2 months, 1 day to do the same thing you did to me and instead just react to your wtf posts with an emoji and not quote you. It clearly has bothered you a lot to have to start taking photos to try and back up your claim now :lol:, because you just can't handle the fact I called you out for doing it.

Wasn't worth my time to deny it. Also grow up. 

• Haha 2

I believe he has.

Here's the thing...goaltending's SO critical to overall success so blips on the radar can be huge.  Like the loss in a 0-0 tie, with him playing fantastic but allowing that winning goal in.

It's a tough gig...goaltenders stand alone.  It's easy to blame losses on them but they're often also very instrumental in wins.  A thankless job.

As long as he's fairly consistent, no goaltender is perfect and they all have "those" goals...the ones they know they should have stopped.

I am gaining more and more faith in him over time.  I love that our fans chant his name and are encouraging him to keep on keeping on.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

Markstrom is a starter, he’s just not elite, simple as that. Elite players.. goalies, defenceman, forwards... they take the game on their shoulders and they break it. He is not that and that’s completely fine. Give the guy an above average defence and he’d be an above average goaltender. He’s got the size, the skill, and the athleticism. I think the only shortcoming to his game is between his ears, but even that is coming along. Maintaining focus as a goaltender is hard as hell, and anyone who’s never done it doesn’t have a clue. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

At 28, 29 yrs old..you have clearly established the limit of your athletic(& mental) abilities.

For a goaltender in the NHL, I refuse to believe the above statement applies. I'd agree, probably most goaltenders have established their top-end ceiling. But with this difficult position, there are perhaps 20~40% who may keep improving their game. Gotta feeling Markstrom might be one of these types.

• Cheers 2

5 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

At 28, 29 yrs old..you have clearly established the limit of your athletic(& mental) abilities.

For a goaltender in the NHL, I refuse to believe the above statement applies. I'd agree, probably most goaltenders have established their top-end ceiling. But with this difficult position, there are perhaps 20~40% who may keep improving their game. Gotta feeling Markstrom might be one of these types.

I would really like to hear or read the scouting reports on Tim Thomas at that age! or even one so called expert Scout who thought Thomas should be in the NHL let alone win 2 Vezina trophies and a Conn Smythe later on!

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Imagine as our D improves in front of him over the next couple years as well...

it will be interesting to see if this is something he can continue for the rest of the year, he's getting himself into some respectable territory stats-wise. 

On 12/24/2018 at 1:44 PM, Ghostsof1915 said:

I think the real question is who will take over the reins? Demko or Dipeitro?

Or Demko as starter and Dipeitro as backup? 

That will most likely be the so called next goalie controversy I am sure.