The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The airing of grievances

SixtyMinuteMan

I hate it when people tell me things I already know (I'm annoying) and expect that I'll change (I won't).  I AM annoying, but I'm passionate, fiercely loyal, intense, honest and have spent my lifetime pleasing others.  I'm at a point now where I'm in it for me.   Don't like it?  I'm sorry...I am no longer on a mission to please all the people.  This ties in to my loathing of people who try so hard to be pc just to fit in.  They worry about "reputation" and things that somehow validate them through others.  I'm all in here...none of this dabbling.  I watch all hockey, not just the Canucks.  All sports...it's my life when my family's away.  But I feel NO need to apologize for supporting my team before any other.  I do watch other teams, but invest NO emotion in their games.

When I look in the mirror that's the person who I have to worry about.  Even IF annoying at times, I am a good person.  I care about others, I give away most everything I have and I have no sense or greed or entitlement in this world.  My kids/family are great and that's the only thing I truly care about.  Well, and my team.

I DO sometimes get  carried away (I often come back in here and delete posts as a result).  But I am true to who I am and won't change.  I will shut up, if told nicely and with respect.  My son does it all the time with a "you're at an 11, we need you at a 4".  Rude attempts to shut me up often have the reverse effect because it becomes a challenge, not a request.  I am nowhere near perfect so have to be reminded to reel it in at times.  But it must be done respectfully.

I do care what people think/say about me if I respect them   Then I do consider what they're saying and  take it to heart.  Being "right" just isn't important enough to me to alienate others.  But strangers who come to me with this or that?  Whatever.  Hit ignore and let's both be happier that way.  Besides, why should I adjust for someone who, for all I know, could be an axe murderer or horrible person?  There's always a tactful way to address people.

I am mostly a very happy person and this time of the year especially so.  I go with the flow and am just thrilled to be around family, friends and loved ones.  Most here are included in that in a weird, disconnected way.

I also hate stress over holiday plans.  It's dumb. 

25 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

I hate it when people tell me things I already know (I'm annoying) and expect that I'll change (I won't).  I AM annoying, but I'm passionate, fiercely loyal, intense, honest and have spent my lifetime pleasing others.  I'm at a point now where I'm in it for me.   Don't like it?  I'm sorry...I am no longer on a mission to please all the people.  This ties in to my loathing of people who try so hard to be pc just to fit in.  They worry about "reputation" and things that somehow validate them through others.  I'm all in here...none of this dabbling.  I watch all hockey, not just the Canucks.  All sports...it's my life when my family's away.  But I feel NO need to apologize for supporting my team before any other.  I do watch other teams, but invest NO emotion in their games.

When I look in the mirror that's the person who I have to worry about.  Even IF annoying at times, I am a good person.  I care about others, I give away most everything I have and I have no sense or greed or entitlement in this world.  My kids/family are great and that's the only thing I truly care about.  Well, and my team.

I DO sometimes get  carried away (I often come back in here and delete posts as a result).  But I am true to who I am and won't change.  I will shut up, if told nicely and with respect.  My son does it all the time with a "you're at an 11, we need you at a 4".  Rude attempts to shut me up often have the reverse effect because it becomes a challenge, not a request.  I am nowhere near perfect so have to be reminded to reel it in at times.  But it must be done respectfully.

I do care what people think/say about me if I respect them   Then I do consider what they're saying and  take it to heart.  Being "right" just isn't important enough to me to alienate others.  But strangers who come to me with this or that?  Whatever.  Hit ignore and let's both be happier that way.  Besides, why should I adjust for someone who, for all I know, could be an axe murderer or horrible person?  There's always a tactful way to address people.

I am mostly a very happy person and this time of the year especially so.  I go with the flow and am just thrilled to be around family, friends and loved ones.  Most here are included in that in a weird, disconnected way.

I also hate stress over holiday plans.  It's dumb. 

my mother ,god bless her, was a true hockey mom, and she knew the game (habs  fan) and so was I . she was a very out spoken woman ,a nurse as well ,tough thing to accomplish for a haida lady to do post ww2 , I would never have told her to tone it down since she held the purse strings , there was never any qualms about hockey gear , I remember, my first pair of 'tacks' cant imagine the cost of doing what my parents did for me to try and fulfill my dream in todays cost of living.

1 hour ago, Shift-4 said:

Football commentators saying 'offsideS'

It's offside!  FFS

I find that it's largely an American phenomenon. A good number of them do the same thing to the word 'offside' in hockey and soccer. I have never heard a Canadian say 'offsides' unless they are using it as the plural of 'offside'.

1 hour ago, Brad Marchand said:

I find that it's largely an American phenomenon. A good number of them do the same thing to the word 'offside' in hockey and soccer. I have never heard a Canadian say 'offsides' unless they are using it in the plural form.

What the hell are you talking about?

2 hours ago, chon derry said:

my mother ,god bless her, was a true hockey mom, and she knew the game (habs  fan) and so was I . she was a very out spoken woman ,a nurse as well ,tough thing to accomplish for a haida lady to do post ww2 , I would never have told her to tone it down since she held the purse strings , there was never any qualms about hockey gear , I remember, my first pair of 'tacks' cant imagine the cost of doing what my parents did for me to try and fulfill my dream in todays cost of living.

I love this.  Merry Christmas, my friend.

16 hours ago, Brad Marchand said:

I find that it's largely an American phenomenon. A good number of them do the same thing to the word 'offside' in hockey and soccer. I have never heard a Canadian say 'offsides' unless they are using it as the plural of 'offside'.

It is being brought to hockey?

I will fight any POS that dares bring this absurdity to hockey!!!!!

Archived