The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

McDavid or Petterson & Horvat

Nucks89

9 minutes ago, Nucks89 said:

Would you rather have a guy who can be the best in the game (Along with Matthews). Or would you take two very very good players in Petterson & Bo?

Well ya see, Pettersson is having just as good a rookie season as Mcdavid did (so far). He's only going to get better with experience, with that being said Horvat and Pettersson without a doubt in my mind. 

27 minutes ago, Nucks89 said:

Would you rather have a guy who can be the best in the game (Along with Matthews). Or would you take two very very good players in Petterson & Bo?

For stRters, ?Mathews is better than ?McDavid,  bo and Petey are better than both,  that’s a no brainer.  Heck, Petey, in a year, will be the best offensive player in the league, and ?Both is the Selkewonner.  Hello Stanley ?Cup!

20 minutes ago, Plsdontdoit said:

I guess boeser just doesn't matter:(

Boeser is great but he is more of a one dimensional player than bo and Petey. 

Last game against the Jets is one of the few times i can remember Bo making a poor decision on a play. (which led to Jets winning goal) 

Brock has had many lapses but usually makes it up by scoring but if i was to build my team around 2 forwards,it would be Bo and Petey (our top 2 centres) 

But damn, we got brock and Virtanen in the mix as well. 

Our team is looking pretty good

8 minutes ago, appleboy said:

Who is to say that Petey won't be one of the top 5 to 10 centers in the league.  Bo gets better every year. 

I will keep the two of them.

Well Elias is currently tied for 13th in scoring amongst listed centers, and that was with the games missed, so he's not far off from top 10.  Not to mention everything else that he brings to the ice on a night-in, night-out basis, and the benefits of being on an ELC for a couple years.

Bo's also pretty solid in two-way play, so I'd take the lesser, ambitious and talented center in Elias, so we could have the shutdown scorer too.  

3 minutes ago, drummerboy said:

It should be Draisaitl McDavid vs Pettersson Horvat.  

That is their real 1-2.  

Why do we get 1-2 and they only get 1?  

Thats a stupid question.  

because you're comparing possibly the best player in the world to two skilled players

7 minutes ago, Roberts said:

because you're comparing possibly the best player in the world to two skilled players

not so sure about that, he's pretty average when it comes to toughness and defensive ability. Take his speed away and even we can shut him down :lol:

10 minutes ago, Roberts said:

Again, that’s stupid.  

Who is going to pick the one player?   

Would you rather have Teows and Kane, or Crosby?      But what about Malkin?   

Its dumb.   

Obviously anyone one would rather have an elite player in EP combo with a great two way player in Bo.  

McDavid is super overrated.  He is great, but there are a hundred two player combos out there I’d rather have.  

this is dumb.   

Archived