Sign in to follow this  
SabreFan1

This Is What Happens When You Continue To Pander To This Insane SJW/Outrage Culture

Is this also an example of fake outrage?

Agree or disagree with Tommy Robinson, this is just yet another example of the regressive ideology that'a been embraced by these social justice lunatics. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Kushman said:

I meant it as the time for being angry was years back when stupid issues like these could have been avoided. Now its all just laughable because we're seeing the consequences of leftist policies. But you know, Jack T would rather deflect and make a snarky remark as opposed to addressing the point being made. Label and deflect, the two biggest tools of the left. 

I understood what you were trying to say.  I've tripped over my own words before as well.  Especially if I post when I'm tired.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Kushman said:

Is this also an example of fake outrage?

Agree or disagree with Tommy Robinson, this is just yet another example of the regressive ideology that'a been embraced by these social justice lunatics. 

Sorry, but I just see this video as a further attempt to manufacture fake outrage. 

2 minutes ago, Jack_T said:

Dude - you’re the one saying Leftist this, left that. Why should I take anything you say seriously? It appears you’re all about divide and conquer and could care less about actual debate.

Which side of the political spectrum has been:
Suppressing free speech and protesting speakers at univeristies and campuses

Banning conservatives on social media platforms

Advocating for open borders

See no problems in mass migration by the millions of an ideology that is completely incompatible with western values (and if you question these policies, label you a xenophobic bigot) 

69 genders 

I can go on an on. 

It's not good to be overtly tribal, but it's far more dangerous to ignore patterns when there is one that is so obvious. There is no longer rational discussion when one side has gone so extreme on their side that to even question them results in being labeled some sort of phobe. 

• Upvote 2

Let's try to keep the left vs. right talking points and propaganda off the thread if we can.  That's one of the things that the Trump thread is for...  :lol:;)

52 minutes ago, Kushman said:

Agreed. I was outraged when the debate about this whole thing started years ago and leftists started calling anyone and everyone a sexist transphobic bigot if you didn't accept their anti-science theories all in the name of social justice progressivism.  These problems could be seen miles away by anyone with a rational mind. Now? Now I just laugh... the left did this to themselves. Political Correctness taken to the extreme is a cancer

This is one of the biggest cultural problems i have with the western culture: most here think that there is a silver bullet for any given scenario/situation, the perfection, the ideal, etc. and take an extreme stance on it. 
Maybe its the messianic Abrahamic faith influence of 'right vs wrong' in the western culture i find so jarring to my eastern sensibilities of 'everything in moderation, everything, in balance and i strive to be everything possible, as required'. But yeah, ANYTHING taken to an extreme is cancer. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, SabreFan1 said:

I would have bolted the second I saw the first plate fly.  I remember a long time ago just dropping a 25 on my foot when I didn't pay proper attention lining it up on the bar.  I'd hate to catch one in the head or anywhere else for that matter.

That would have been the smart thing to do absolutely. Of course I was young and thought oh this should be fun to watch... Being kept there hours after I should have been done my workout was not fun at all.

Edited by Ronaldoescobar
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, Kushman said:

Which side of the political spectrum has been:
Suppressing free speech and protesting speakers at univeristies and campuses

Banning conservatives on social media platforms

Advocating for open borders

See no problems in mass migration by the millions of an ideology that is completely incompatible with western values (and if you question these policies, label you a xenophobic bigot) 

69 genders 

I can go on an on. 

It's not good to be overtly tribal, but it's far more dangerous to ignore patterns when there is one that is so obvious. There is no longer rational discussion when one side has gone so extreme on their side that to even question them results in being labeled some sort of phobe. 

We’ll agree to disagree. What I will say is that anytime one tries to frame the discussion with a black and white view (not in a racial sense) alarm bells should be going off. 

Most things in life are far more nuanced than how you describe. Ignoring that paints a far too simplistic picture in my view.

Edited by Guest

22 minutes ago, Jack_T said:

We’ll agree to disagree. What I will say is that anytime one tries to frame the discussion with a black and white view (not in a racial sense) alarm bells should be going off. 

Most things in life are far more nuanced than how you describe. Ignoring that paints a far too simplistic picture in my view.

shirking responsibility and lacking ownership/correction from a political/ideological spectrum, is even worse. Best way to lose support, IMO. 

3 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

Fake outrage on what?  Dudes breaking women's world records and watching people argue over it is hilarious.  I'm having a ball reading old and new Twitter threads with people arguing over the whole thing. 

The best is when a delusional person chimes in with some version of, "men have an advantage in sports because they're given societal advantages" then people start posting pictures of these huge dudes identifying as women towering over biological women.  There was even a picture in one tweet of a sport I didn't recognize that looked like rugby with a round ball and a big guy with makeup and long hair, was in the process of running through two much smaller biological females.  Not only is that unfair, it's very dangerous.

I saw this story while back, it’s equality in its finest form.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/aflw/transgender-footballer-says-afl-treated-me-like-s/news-story/b916158c5335ba43bd0e41b2fccc2c2c

59 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

They didn't want him to compete against biological women plain and simple.  Even with testosterone blockers and added estrogen.  The look on number 44's face says it all. 

25864d37e0910e6844277ad97b7a063a?width=6

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, SabreFan1 said:

They didn't want him to compete against biological women plain and simple.  Even with testosterone blockers and added estrogen.  The look on number 44's face says it all. 

25864d37e0910e6844277ad97b7a063a?width=6

Not too many women would like to play against 6’2” 220lb guy.

Its ridiculous that they have to do so in the name of equality.

Edited by CBH1926
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, CBH1926 said:

Not too many women would like to play against 6’2” 220lb guy.

Its ridiculous that they have to do so in the name of equality.

but but but 'she' got boobies !

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, Jack_T said:

Sorry, but I just see this video as a further attempt to manufacture fake outrage. 

The problem seems to be that you dont really need to “manufacture” it. Political views and campaigning aside, it is obvious this tommy was assaulted and threatened, bullied if you will, by people with different political views. 

We need to get real discussions, constructive ones going instead of “No you are wrong. You are a fascist racist homophobe and im done talking to you”. These ugly words get thrown around like candy and it sickens me. If these people actually understood what those words mean their views would be taken more seriously. 

The only common ground we should need is that we are all human beings. Not all of us are “good” but the majority of us are, with good intentions. “Fascist, racist” etc are terms used to describe “Evil”, in this case misused. 

Politically, i see the right leaning people actively trying to get these conversations going and trying to find solutions to the problems we are facing in western society. 

Sadly, this far left ideology seems to want to say “im right you are wrong lalala i cant hear you. You are evil and im going to my safe space to get validation from the people that share my views”. 

• Upvote 3

On 12/25/2018 at 2:52 PM, luckylager said:

Seriously? A butthurt Nazi loser complained to the Residence staff about not feeling included and they actually gave a &^@#? Lol

Excluding Nazi's should be public policy. They don't get to preach racism, hate and intolerance under the flag of a genocidal maniac, then complain about being excluded. 

Pretty sure my Grandpa is coming back from the dead just to march his butt all the way to U of M and kick some Nazi ass, and the wimps running that dorm.

arent nazis just victims of hiler?lol

3 hours ago, MystifyNCrucify said:

The problem seems to be that you dont really need to “manufacture” it. Political views and campaigning aside, it is obvious this tommy was assaulted and threatened, bullied if you will, by people with different political views. 

We need to get real discussions, constructive ones going instead of “No you are wrong. You are a fascist racist homophobe and im done talking to you”. These ugly words get thrown around like candy and it sickens me. If these people actually understood what those words mean their views would be taken more seriously. 

The only common ground we should need is that we are all human beings. Not all of us are “good” but the majority of us are, with good intentions. “Fascist, racist” etc are terms used to describe “Evil”, in this case misused. 

Politically, i see the right leaning people actively trying to get these conversations going and trying to find solutions to the problems we are facing in western society. 

Sadly, this far left ideology seems to want to say “im right you are wrong lalala i cant hear you. You are evil and im going to my safe space to get validation from the people that share my views”. 

You don’t find it funny that a video showing the violence of the typical “leftist” is done by a man, Tommy Robinson, who is a far right convicted felon with a long history of inciting violence (among other things).

i don’t doubt the conflict occurred. I argue he was looking for it and just “happened” to be recording it. Manufacturing it.

I think your arguments are disengenous at best. Libtards, Leftists, Qanon, Crazy Bernie, Pocohintist, Creepy Joe....that is the level of discourse right now and has no interest in open discussion. Anyone who votes for such nonsense is guilty by association as far as I’m concerned. Tommy Robinson fits into that category and it’s really not a surprise that he shows up here. 

I don’t even agree with half the $&!# in this thread that apparently the “left” promote. Lots of things have boomeranged the other way. LGBQT and gender identification being an example. It’s is a weird spot right now and society is still figuring it out. It will get figured out.