The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rumor New Home and Away Jerseys for Canucks

Rate this topic

Squamfan

3 minutes ago, Tiger-Hearted said:

A logo is supposed to represent the team name, not the region. It was inspired by the Orca Bay ownership. 

In spite of the West Coast Express and Sedin eras, there has been terrible luck:

1. Ohlund's eye injury in practice. This injury hampered his offensive maximum potential.

2. Naslund breaking his leg in Buffalo in 2001 while enjoying a career year. Lost for the remainder of the season and playoffs.

3. Cloutier's 2002 gaffe vs Lidstrom in the playoffs.

4. Luongo's choke jobs and meltdowns in the playoffs.

5. Boeser crashing into the open side of the gateway to the Canucks' bench, therefore ending his season and costing him the club rookie records for goals and points and the likely, the Calder.

It's not a corporate logo and looks NOTHING like orca bays logo. 

46EF2D56-4A6A-4D5B-869C-EA74D368D4D5.jpeg

• Upvote 4

All I ask is that it's consistent enough with what we've had in the past 10-20 years. I'm all for the skate jersey as a throwback 3rd or whatever they are looking to do there, but I don't want to see different colours than what we have as our mains. We are probably the most inconsistent NHL team out there in terms of jerseys and logos history.

Edited by The Lock
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Rindiculous said:

Unpopular opinion, but I really like the letters above our name.  It's unique and I think it looks pretty good.  Personally I think it would look weird to have it removed.

I could take or leave them certainly don't hate them. 

12 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

It's not a corporate logo and looks NOTHING like orca bays logo. 

46EF2D56-4A6A-4D5B-869C-EA74D368D4D5.jpeg

Orca Bay was created in '95. Brent Lynch designed both a Johnny Canuck logo and the Orca in '97. Orca Bay chose their namesake logo over the Canucks' namesake. That makes the Orca corporate.

9 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Johnny Canuck is an awful logo in any form. Still disagree that the current Orca is a corporate logo. It's a lazy assumption. 

I like the orca I feel it unifies the island with the mainland. Orcas are all around us. I can see a disconnect with people inland though not near the ocean.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

54 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Johnny Canuck is an awful logo in any form. Still disagree that the current Orca is a corporate logo. It's a lazy assumption. 

Why is Johnny Canuck an awful logo in any form? Take it that you don't approve of fearless and hardworking BC/Canadian lumberjacks? Lumberjacks that proudly built the City of Vancouver?

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, Tiger-Hearted said:

Why is Johnny Canuck an awful logo in any form? Take it that you don't approve of fearless and hardworking BC/Canadian lumberjacks? Lumberjacks that proudly built the City of Vancouver?

I don't like cartoons on hockey jerseys.  Looks unprofessional and childish.  The current jersey has too much crap on it, what with shoulder badges and 'Vancouver' over the orca.  My preference is just the orca, plain and simple. 

You don't approve of Orcas?

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 3

38 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

I don't like cartoons on hockey jerseys.  Looks unprofessional and childish.  The current jersey has too much crap on it, what with shoulder badges and 'Vancouver' over the orca.  My preference is just the orca, plain and simple. 

You don't approve of Orcas?

You don’t like the skating lumberjack because it’s a cartoon but a somersaulting pissed off whale being squeezed out of a tube of toothpaste is a good logo?

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1