The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rumor New Home and Away Jerseys for Canucks

Rate this topic

Squamfan

16 hours ago, Rush17 said:

Interesting. My wife go me a Pettersson jersey from NHL shop for Christmas yesterday. I think it's a fanatics jersey or something. It is slightly different from the official team jersey. Curious if it might reflect something of this new one.

It's similar to this one. The name and number plates are like a silver'ish White and it has the white ring around the collar. I think it looks really slick. 

thumb.jpeg

Just a thought:

What if they kept the jersey format the exact same, except for the following:

1) Change the Orca to the Flying Skate.

2) Change the Colors to the same as 1994. Black and Gold / White and Gold.

Everything else, keep the exact same.

• Haha 4

10 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Hence the problem. How do you symbolize a Canuck?

Calgary and Montreal already have C variants. Another one would look like we're copycats. 

If you look around the city there's lots of Orca references, and it's a part of our tourism. 

Like it or not, Orca's are as much as the BC coast as Salmon, Seagulls, Bears, and Cougars. 

So do the Canucks with their orca shaped like a C.  And their original stick in rink is a C too.  I guess the difference is MTL and VAN Cs are about their names, where as Calgary’s is about their city.   Not really copying anyone at this point given we’ve played this long with a C anyways ...

4 hours ago, Baggins said:

I agree there will never be a consensus as it's a matter of taste. No matter what it is some will hate it and some will love it. So really what point is there in changing? To me that's what the third jersey is for. Giving those that don't like the main another option.

But I hated the stick in rink from the day it was unveiled. Bland, boring, and to me, stupid looking. Could be because I saw Buffalo's logo first, really liked it, and was looking forward to seeing ours. Then I got excited they were changing and what we got was the hideous yellow V. Moving the skate from the shoulder to the chest made and changing to white instead of yellow made it tolerable. But I still wouldn't buy the jersey. I loved the Orca logo from the time it was unveiled. Then when they changed to the original colors with the Orca I though they finally got the whole thing right. I don't mind the Vancouver on it. That part really grew on me.

All those years I never bought a Canucks jersey simply because I didn't like them. The Orca jersey was the first Canucks item I bought with their logo on it.

Interesting, seeing how you actually grew up watching them with the others, but ended up preferring the more recent, that's cool. That's probably what may or could happen with the generation that has grown up with this current logo who don't like it, if the Canucks do decide to change it again they may like the new one more. Personally I hope they don't change it to something new again, I really don't believe this team needs another new logo, but wouldn't be against using an old logo instead, if it is changed.

I wasn't born until mid late 80's, and when I finally was old enough to start taking stuff in the Canucks had the skate logo on the front of their chest, so that will always be my favorite. Obviously as I got older I was able to see what the jerseys used to be and man that yellow with the V was ugly lol, glad I didn't grow up watching that :lol:. As for the stick in the rink, personally I don't really mind it yes it's simple and blah, but I do like that it represents the actual sport that they play so I can tolerate it, and I think it looks decent with the colors they use now. That's also a reason why I like the skate one as well, because it represents the sport they play I like that.

I own 3 Bure skate logo jerseys, black and white #10, and a black #96. Black and white Linden jerseys, and then 2 just blank jerseys of both white and black. Then when the logo changed even though I didn't like it I still own jerseys, because my father has hook ups and could get names and numbers put on them through the Canucks, so buying blank jerseys at the end of the year was worth it because the Canucks store would blow the jerseys out. So I have a white and navy blue Linden, white Bure, white Naslund, white Steve Kariya (lol I know, but his family is good with my father because of Paul and like him, so had too, and their sister actually took me to a game when both of them were playing against each other one time that was cool) and one white Luongo one. Also have a few blanks of white and navy blue maybe like 2 of each still I believe they're tucked away, oh and even a blank of the alternate one they had that was navy blue and red it was ugly. As for the current one with Vancouver over the top, I only have one a blue Luongo, I just don't collect them or care for collecting jerseys as much as I used to, I find myself more interested in collecting ex NHL star players jerseys now more instead, like Bobby Orr, Wayne Gretzky, Mario Lemieux, Patrick Roy etc. 

• Cheers 1

16 hours ago, higgyfan said:

I don't like cartoons on hockey jerseys.  Looks unprofessional and childish.  The current jersey has too much crap on it, what with shoulder badges and 'Vancouver' over the orca.  My preference is just the orca, plain and simple. 

You don't approve of Orcas?

When you think about it, Pittsburgh has a very lame logo. Imagine if the Canucks' logo was an orca with skates on holding a stick. lol Johnny Canuck would be way cooler.  

I hope they get rid of the "VANCOUVER", as that just seems a little pretentious. I like the colour scheme, although I wouldn't mind a little more black as part of the trim. Black home jerseys with blue and green trim, could look nice. I also wish they had block lettering and numbers, like the '94 jerseys.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

When you think about it, Pittsburgh has a very lame logo. Imagine if the Canucks' logo was an orca with skates on holding a stick. lol Johnny Canuck would be way cooler.  

I hope they get rid of the "VANCOUVER", as that just seems a little pretentious. I like the colour scheme, although I wouldn't mind a little more black as part of the trim. Black home jerseys with blue and green trim, could look nice. I also wish they had block lettering and numbers, like the '94 jerseys.

Yeah, I don't know what the relationship a penguin has with Pitts, but the logo is awful. I think the original Ana ducky one was gross as well.

It's a controversial topic in Canuck land and it never goes away. The last time I saw a survey it showed that the majority of Nuck fans would rather keep the Orca.  Everyone seems to want the VANCOUVER to go away though.

I have to admit that I didn't mind the Johnny Canuck that was posted by @kilgore

11 hours ago, the grinder said:

oh wait it gonna be johnny canuck as a hipster   skinny jeans flannel shirt beard  toque  and  with rogers across the chest instead of Vancouver 

It is almost 2019 and I think your in the right track but you just offended someone are assuming johnny Canucks gender so it needs to also be gender neutral 

23 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

What is with everyone saying drop the Vancouver part...Dont you all realize that is what the jersey already looked liked before hand!?

Get rid of the orca bay logo and start fresh imo!

Not an orca bay logo whale isn't even going the same direction.

• Wat 1

17 minutes ago, Just1CupBeforeIDie said:

oh like the fierce, fast and intelligent Penguins or Ducks? or what about those killer Leafs?

So are you saying “fierce, fast and intelligent” ONLY applies to the Canucks or that those teams should change their logo to something more intimidating.

Don’t know why you’re replying to the same post again 11 hours later either. 

My favourite will always be the Skate on the 90's colour scheme, as I started following the Canucks around that time as a kid.

I think that the BEST choice for primary jerseys would be the current color scheme and the stick and rink logo (original or new, doesn't matter).

That logo is very simple and elemental and is easily recognizable - much like a lot of the classic logos around the league. 

Whatever happens, I have and will always hate the Orca. The old Orca, the new Orca, the Vancouver lettering. All of it has to go. It is easily the worst logo in the NHL and the only reason why I'm not buying any jerseys at this point and time - there are no current choices to buy other official jerseys with name bars...

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Bitter Melon said:

So are you saying “fierce, fast and intelligent” ONLY applies to the Canucks or that those teams should change their logo to something more intimidating.

Don’t know why you’re replying to the same post again 11 hours later either. 

fierce , fast and intelligent applies to the KILLER WHALE...the Canucks logo....you said all teams think their logo is 'fast, fierce and intelligent'....I was just pointing out the absurdity of your post......lol @ a fierce leaf...and where did I say anything about other teams changing their logo? I wasn't even discussing other team logos...why you so mad, bro? comprehension issues?

Let me be clear, again, I like the KILLER WHALE logo and don't want it changed...

Edited by Just1CupBeforeIDie

I remember a few years ago, my wife and I were in Arizona and we went to see the Coyotes and Canucks play. We had really good seats near ice level at the blueline. These older guys in front of us were lightly trash talking and asked us: "So, what the heck is a Canuck anyway?" It wasn't an easy explanation. "Canucks" is confusing enough, but to explain the whale? Why not put salmon on the shoulders and perhaps a beaver on the pants and maybe a grizzly on the helmets. Y'know, like a Canuck. lol  

But seriously, if they keep the name Canucks, then I think the whole uniform (except colours) and logo needs an overhaul. I believe Captain Canuck battled the Nazi's during the War. A Canadian cartoon hero for Canada's youth. After that I guess, Canadians were also known as Canucks. I can get onboard with that. But a whale? It would be like an American team called the Patriots, with a roadrunner as their logo lol What?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Just1CupBeforeIDie said:

fierce , fast and intelligent applies to the KILLER WHALE...the Canucks logo....you said all teams think their logo is 'fast, fierce and intelligent'....I was just pointing out the absurdity of your post......lol @ a fierce leaf...and where did I say anything about other teams changing their logo? I wasn't even discussing other team logos...why you so mad, bro? comprehension issues?

Let me be clear, again, I like the KILLER WHALE logo and don't want it changed...

The ironing.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, FijianCanuck said:

I'm ready for Johnny Canuck being the face of the team =) 

I would hope if they go for a change they do a complete change. Going back to old jerseys is okay I suppose like the skate, love that jersey. But johnny Canuck, not sure, would depend on the logo i guess, maybe they modify it a bit?

• Upvote 1

Something about the orca logo looked off to me and I couldn't figure out what it was. Then I saw it - the orca looks like he's wearing Robin's eye mask lol Orca's have that white oval patch above the eye, so this is what the artist was probably thinking, but it looks like a mask. Or maybe it's the Lone Ranger?

• Upvote 1