The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rumor New Home and Away Jerseys for Canucks

Rate this topic

Squamfan

2 minutes ago, Laoag said:

not your buddy chum. and i did take a beautiful hike today. thats why i don't have hundreds of posts about my jersey a logo preference on here.

new year same OLD tiny tiger.

I can call you a lot worse but I'm just keeping it civil. 

Edited by Tiger-Hearted

10 minutes ago, Tiger-Hearted said:

I can call you a lot worse but I'm just keeping it civil. 

You actually have my permission to call me anything you like, as long as that keeps you from talking about your hatred of Orcas for the 1,389th time.

Edited by Laoag
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

It was created in the 1800's. That's slightly before WW2. An Orca represents the west coast far better then a lumberjack ever could. 

Also the Orca is just visually more pleasing. 

Anyone still relating the current logo to Orca Bay is simply living in the past. But hey, if it floats your boat, maybe we could set up yet another CDC poll, although I doubt the results would be to your liking ;)

The problem I have is that Vancouver is BC’s team. A large portion of this provinces population live no where near the coast line. If this is truely BCs team a lumber jack is exactly the identity you want... I’m not saying I like the Johnny Canuck logo, but just making a point about this teams identity with the province as a whole. 

I come from a small town in northern bc. A lot of us feel a bit left out when it comes to this team. I think the Canucks realize this too. The fact they are holding Canucks related events in smaller towns thru BC is extremely important for this franchise. Love that they hold pre season games in smaller towns now, and would love to see more of it. The youngstars tourney is fun to go to in Penticton as well. 

Anyways long story short lol...The Canucks may actually go with something that has more provincial identity. Financially it makes sense for them to do this.

I actually like all of our teams jerseys. I’ve been a fan for a long time and I love each jersey for each era it represents. It’s the evolutionary chart of our team so to speak. I’m stoked to see what they have in store for next year!

Edited by Attila Umbrus
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Attila Umbrus said:

The problem I have is that Vancouver is BC’s team. A large portion of this provinces population live no where near the coast line. If this is truely BCs team a lumber jack is exactly the identity you want... I’m not saying I like the Johnny Canuck logo, but just making a point about this teams identity with the province as a whole. 

I come from a small town in northern bc. A lot of us feel a bit left out when it comes to this team. I think the Canucks realize this too. The fact they are holding Canucks related events in smaller towns thru BC is extremely important for this franchise. Love that they hold pre season games in smaller towns now, and would love to see more of it. The youngstars tourney is fun to go to in Penticton as well. 

Anyways long story short lol...The Canucks may actually go with something that has more provincial identity. Financially it makes sense for them to do this.

I actually like all of our teams jerseys. I’ve been a fan for a long time and I love each jersey for each era it represents. It’s the evolutionary chart of our team so to speak. I’m stocked to see what they have in store for next year!

oh yeah, something like 'the Vancouver BC Dogwood Dogs'? (the dogwood is the BC flower)

Flower arrangements, wedding decorations,wedding decor,topiaries,floral design

• Haha 2
  • Wat 1

8 minutes ago, Just1CupBeforeIDie said:

oh yeah, something like 'the Vancouver BC Dogwood Dogs'? (the dogwood is the BC flower)

Flower arrangements, wedding decorations,wedding decor,topiaries,floral design

or how about the Vancouver BC Yohos after Yoho National Park

Related image

Yoho National Park, British Columbia, Canada

"Named for a Cree expression of awe and wonder, Yoho lies on the western slopes of the Canadian Rocky Mountains. Vertical rock walls, waterfalls and dizzying peaks draw visitors from around the world. With exceptional hiking and sightseeing, the park offers a unique glimpse of Canada’s natural wonders, from the secrets of ancient ocean life to the power of ice and water. "

...awe and wonder, vertical rock walls, natural wonders, power of ice...this decribes the Canucks eh I mean the Yohos! :P

8 minutes ago, Just1CupBeforeIDie said:

• Wat 1

Still my favourite canucks jersey concept (just ignore Kesler on the back).  The only things I’d change would be the third jersey (not a fan of a predominantly green jersey), the font to a more old school block lettering, and possibly having white instead of blue inside the rink on the home jersey.

588DBB15-897D-48EB-AF60-93B7BACBE62C.jpeg

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, VANFAN101 said:

Still my favourite canucks jersey concept (just ignore Kesler on the back).  The only things I’d change would be the third jersey (not a fan of a predominantly green jersey), the font to a more old school block lettering, and possibly having white instead of blue inside the rink on the home jersey.

588DBB15-897D-48EB-AF60-93B7BACBE62C.jpeg

Those are nice concepts. I prefer the classic Stick in Rink over crooked stick version. A green jersey and socks set with blue helmets and pants would look awesome and would make the Canucks stand out on their own....even if Seattle goes with green as a primary dark colour.

• Wat 1

9 hours ago, Tiger-Hearted said:

Those are nice concepts. I prefer the classic Stick in Rink over crooked stick version. A green jersey and socks set with blue helmets and pants would look awesome and would make the Canucks stand out on their own....even if Seattle goes with green as a primary dark colour.

I definitely prefer the classic stick in rink as well.

I'd love to have the blank space "V"s on the arms as well.

The thing that I wish they cut out is the vertical striping on the pants when all the other striping is horizontal.

You seriously have an unhealthy obsession Tiger Hearted.

You had to blow up my notifications doing a "confused face" to each one of my posts that I made DAYS ago,  that you had already replied to LOL  cmon now.  Find a girl or something.

• Wat 1

2 hours ago, CanuckGAME said:

You seriously have an unhealthy obsession Tiger Hearted.

You had to blow up my notifications doing a "confused face" to each one of my posts that I made DAYS ago,  that you had already replied to LOL  cmon now.  Find a girl or something.

Well, Happy New Year CanuckGAME.

May you be blessed by the loving spirit of Johnny Canuck.:)

My personal hope is most likely impossible to achieve and may not be agreed upon others, but I would like to share it anyways...

I just really hope that we can find somewhat a "perfect"(I know perfect is impossible, but I mean like one that's nice enough that most of us can agree on) logo/jersey for our team, so we'd all be able to make a sea of -insert colour- in Rogers Arena.

I don't really care for the Flames, but whenever I see their sea of red in the Saddledome...

I can't help but feel a bit jealous because it shows that their fanbase is there for them/all the people in their arena is cheering for them.

I personally really like the Vancouver Millionaires jerseys, and it's not like I dislike any of the past Canucks jerseys at all either.

However, our arena looks like there's a bunch of random colours in the seats and I don't think it looks very nice or shows the support clear enough...

Maybe it's just me who feels this way, but I just wanted to put it out there anyways. :mellow:

12 minutes ago, StarGirl said:

My personal hope is most likely impossible to achieve and may not be agreed upon others, but I would like to share it anyways...

I just really hope that we can find somewhat a "perfect"(I know perfect is impossible, but I mean like one that's nice enough that most of us can agree on) logo/jersey for our team, so we'd all be able to make a sea of -insert colour- in Rogers Arena.

I don't really care for the Flames, but whenever I see their sea of red in the Saddledome...

I can't help but feel a bit jealous because it shows that their fanbase is there for them/all the people in their arena is cheering for them.

I personally really like the Vancouver Millionaires jerseys, and it's not like I dislike any of the past Canucks jerseys at all either.

However, our arena looks like there's a bunch of random colours in the seats and I don't think it looks very nice or shows the support clear enough...

Maybe it's just me who feels this way, but I just wanted to put it out there anyways. :mellow:

My solution to this is to change the color of the chairs at rogers arena. They are a maroon colour, we should change them to  blue to make it seem like there is more people seated there. Look at Detroit, their arena has red seats and it makes it look like there are people in the seats, same with Boston and the yellow. Just an opinion....

• Upvote 1

On 12/30/2018 at 7:32 PM, Attila Umbrus said:

I actually like all of our teams jerseys. I’ve been a fan for a long time and I love each jersey for each era it represents. It’s the evolutionary chart of our team so to speak. I’m stoked to see what they have in store for next year!

It's still the Vancouver Canucks, not the BC Canucks. I lived in Cranbrook for several years and there's more Oiler and Flames fans there than Canuck fans. Likely because of proximity and access to games. So that point is rather irrelevant. The native style Orca represents very well where the team plays. The major reason I like it. Vancouver has quite a history with the Orca.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

I like the orca but sure if they’re gonna change it any other logo is fine i guess.

but the stick in the rink? good god i’ve never felt a more pure feeling of sheer unhealthy toxic and statuary hate for a what some people call “logo” if i could choose between having that logo or drink bleach, I’d chugg down 3 liters after biting into 7.34 gram per mol of crocodile sh*t that was expired back when the Ottman Empire still existed. If i could choose between that logo and having to drag myself across the trans canada highway with Ryan Kesler and Roberto Luongo pulling me by my eyeballs attached  to a 4 x 4 2006 manual  geared truck that badly needs an oil change id still choose the truck and risk corneal distruction

Edited by TheMohammadman
misspelled the word attached and uh finished my sentance
  • Haha 3
  • Wat 3
  • Upvote 1