The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rumor New Home and Away Jerseys for Canucks

Rate this topic

Squamfan

On 1/9/2019 at 9:32 PM, Jester13 said:

Anyone else see this latest Canucks Instagram post about the jersey made with recycled material? Maybe it's just because it's underwater, but it looks to me like new colours that might match the black/white style of an actual orca. 

Is this possibly the first hint of what we will see with our new jerseys? 

IMG_20190109_203038.jpg

Reminds me of George on Seinfeld when he switched the Yankees uniforms to cotton, Maybe these will be like tearaways.

On 12/26/2018 at 4:41 PM, higgyfan said:

I don't like cartoons on hockey jerseys.  Looks unprofessional and childish.  The current jersey has too much crap on it, what with shoulder badges and 'Vancouver' over the orca.  My preference is just the orca, plain and simple. 

You don't approve of Orcas?

Just curious - wasn't the "the Orca" jersey first shown when they signed Messier?  I've never liked it and prefer the original stick in rink logo.  I hope they leave colo(u)rs alone.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Personally, I think the stick-in-rink logo looks the best and classiest out of all our logos. 

However, if the above is true and they are basically just removing the VANCOUVER from the jersey, I can live with that. Due to our insane amount of jerseys/looks, it shouldn't be a huge change we're going for. Would like some more green in there though, seems a bit too blue. 

• Upvote 1

On 12/26/2018 at 1:46 PM, 10pavelbure96 said:

I'd rather them make minor changes. We need to keep a consistent identity.

The leafs Canadiens Oilers flames Blackhawks redwings rangers flyers penguins etc have all generally had the same logo besides minor tweaks.

Every one of our logos has been outrageously different. The stick in rink, the flying skate, the flying V, the orca, and Johnny canuck (pre nhl).

Stay consistent with the orca, we change more outfits than my girlfriend before a dinner party.

Exactly and i can't believe people like that ugly pathetic skate p.o.s jersey, and the V jersey which was pretty awful too. 

Our first jersey and orca are hands down the best ones. 

• Cheers 1

9 hours ago, Squamfan said:

rumor is that they are removing Vancouver. :sick::sadno::picard::sick::sadno::picard::sick:

image.thumb.png.96defe5b086e6df98936cacdb06e174a.png

Rumors are just that that - rumours. This is a very important milestone anniversary season for the Canucks. Removing just the city wordmark would have been done prior to the start of last season when Adidas took over. 

The new look will either be the classic Stick in Rink or Johnny Canuck. The Canucks have way too much going on. Can't have an orca and Johnny Canuck as part of the same brand. One has to go. There's quite a bit of Johnny Canuck presence during games. Kind of shows what direction the club is going in. Even if it means the original Stick in Rink uniform takes over as the primary, JC will have a bigger presence in the Canucks' brand. The original SiR jersey with a few upgrades(including JC on the shoulders) would sell like hotcakes, as opposed to just a city wordmark-free orca jersey. Look at what the Whitecaps have done for their 40th anniversary of their Soccer Bowl '79 win. They brought back their classic look. Can't see the Canucks not doing the same thing.

• Haha 1

I finally bought a jersey this year, an EP40.  The white collar, the oversized green stripe, and the small logo make it look hideous.  There were no sizes just number so I got a 50, looks like a dress on me lol.

10 hours ago, iceman64 said:

Exactly and i can't believe people like that ugly pathetic skate p.o.s jersey, and the V jersey which was pretty awful too. 

Our first jersey and orca are hands down the best ones. 

I personally love the skate but leave it in the past.

Our current logo and colour scheme is beautiful

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

I wish we would get that red, yellow and black/white back. Loved those colors. 

I loved those colours too. However, we need to stick with our original blue, green and white look. I do feel that black, yellow and red should be used for throwback nights 2-3 times per season. Those colours wer awesome and it's when the Canucks finally became a relevant NHL club under Pat Quinn.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1