The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rumor New Home and Away Jerseys for Canucks

Rate this topic

Squamfan

Already a thread on this but here's my take...it appears the orca is staying based on the recently unveiled 50th anniversary logo. However, I have a gut feeling that the Canucks are hiding something. The 50th anniversary logo, for one, looks cheap and took about 50 seconds to put together. It may only be a teaser. Also, when the Canucks did the open fan vote on the throwback jersey, the original blue Stick in Rink was not included. It doesn't make any sense not to have it included in the 50th anniversary celebration. However, there is a lot of pushing of the Johnny Canuck brand with  the JC in house videos and even in parts of the arena. Heard rumours of a JC third jersey in the works. The third jersey is expected to be unveiled during next season. And what about the draft held at Rogers Arena? With the 50th anniversary and the draft right here at home, one would think of a major unveiling. New jerseys and logos usually get unveiled at the draft. Removing the "VANCOUVER" without retiring the orca and the Agency font wouldn't be that significant. We'll just have to wait and see. I, for one, would love to see the orca gone. 

20180331_124323.jpg

20180107_140315.jpg

home21.jpg.cf.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Wat 1

1 hour ago, Coconuts said:

So long as we keep the colour scheme I'm not really sold one way or the other. I don't mind the orca tbh but I've always wanted to see the skate design with our modern blue/green/white. It'd look super crisp.

I totally agree. 

FB_IMG_1535732268456.jpg

• Wat 2
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Tiger-Hearted said:

Already a thread on this but here's my take...it appears the orca is staying based on the recently unveiled 50th anniversary logo. However, I have a gut feeling that the Canucks are hiding something. The 50th anniversary logo, for one, looks cheap and took about 50 seconds to put together. It may only be a teaser. Also, when the Canucks did the open fan vote on the throwback jersey, the original blue Stick in Rink was not included. It doesn't make any sense not to have it included in the 50th anniversary celebration. However, there is a lot of pushing of the Johnny Canuck brand with  the JC in house videos and even in parts of the arena. Heard rumours of a JC third jersey in the works. The third jersey is expected to be unveiled during next season. And what about the draft held at Rogers Arena? With the 50th anniversary and the draft right here at home, one would think of a major unveiling. New jerseys and logos usually get unveiled at the draft. Removing the "VANCOUVER" without retiring the orca and the Agency font wouldn't be that significant. We'll just have to wait and see. I, for one, would love to see the orca gone. 

20180331_124323.jpg

20180107_140315.jpg

home21.jpg.cf.jpg

The lumberjack logo would look sick on the front of a Jersey 

• Like 1

I'm not a strong proponent of big changes and would be irritated if they made significant changes to the logo. I wouldn't mind minor changes, but I like that we've finally begun to build some semblance of legacy with our current jerseys. No more merry-go-round of jerseys please.

If I were to guess, I'd say that it's probably at most just a change to celebrate 50 years more than any huge changes.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ItalianCanuck1 said:

This. 

Another change of colous would hurt incredibly our brand, so I don't see that happening.

And I also think that the Whale will be back.

NOOOO-oooo-OOOOO not the McCawaw-aw orca pul-ee-ee-z!

Vintage 70's from the opening season with the stick in the rink and a V on the sleeves.

Aquilini grew up right by the Pacific Coliseum with those uniforms in his childhood.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Tiger-Hearted said:

20180331_124323.jpg

20180107_140315.jpg

home21.jpg.cf.jpg

Just the way Johnny Canuck holds that stick means you're in for a tough game home or away...Go Johnny Go!

• Like 1

I don't know if anyone's with me on this, but ever since they went to the Orca, I have not bought a single piece of merchandise featuring that logo. On occasion I'll get a shirt, hat or jersey but it's always of either the skate logo, the V, or the stick in rink. The Orca has always been a no go for me and I for one would do a happy dance if that thing was never seen again.

I say go 94 scheme again or stick in rink. While I love the skate logo (logo of my youth), the stick in rink logo is absolutely classic. It just screams simplistic beauty to me

Ok, that's enough about talking about logos for one day

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

5 hours ago, ItalianCanuck1 said:

This. 

Another change of colous would hurt incredibly our brand, so I don't see that happening.

And I also think that the Whale will be back.

do you work for the canucks?

if not it is not our brand.

the Canucks are the sellers and we are the buyers.

either way I don't see how a colour change hurts the brand.

if its looks good it will sell fast

4 hours ago, BCNate said:

I'm guessing it will be the same jerrsey minus the Vancouver wordmark.  I also think the alternate will be green, not sure logo.

I'll be ok with this but only so Seattle can't go for a primary blue OR primary green jersey when they enter the league. Wear them at least 20 times in each season before the expansion. Make Seattle learn to hate us quickly.