The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rumor New Home and Away Jerseys for Canucks

Rate this topic

Squamfan

8 hours ago, Bitter Melon said:

You're extremely late to the party on this one. 

Considering the 50th anniversary logo contains heavy elements of both the stick-in-rink and orca, I highly doubt we're going to see any crazy changes on the jerseys next season. They're most likely just fixing the awful toilet seat collar that came on with the adidas template. The most significant change they might make would be dropping the 'VANCOUVER' script.

I'm hoping they tinker with striping and font, as well.

On 4/1/2019 at 8:50 AM, DS4quality said:

Not really. It would cost the owners a lot more money than just changing the jersey. They would have to update the arena, update and give fresh logos. 

Rebranding would cost nearly a billion dollars. I can't see the orca going anywhere really. 

If they were really planning a redesign it probably would have happened when the jerseys switched to addidas from reebok. Updates will happen but I doubt a full on switch of jerseys

Lol, 1 Billion.

For your reference here’s Forbes valuation of NHL teams, from 3 months ago. $1B almost buys you the Rangers entire franchise, which is the most expensive valuation in the NHL. Canucks are 9th at 735M, so 1 Billion might be slightly off there 

https://www.kelownanow.com/watercooler/sports/news/Sports/Forbes_releases_annual_list_of_the_NHL_s_richest_franchises/

On 4/1/2019 at 5:35 AM, ItalianCanuck1 said:

Yeah, I agree with you.

The current jersey will be forever linked with Lu (I own one home), Edler (I will buy the away), Kesler, Burrows and Bieksa.

And the Twins, of course.

But, you can also see this thing from a different perspective.

'I own the Petterson's rookie year jersey.''

i bought the pettersson all star jersey because of the rumor jersey change floating around forever now. The allstar jersey is a 1 year thing so i'm ok with it plus the black one actually looks sick

On 4/1/2019 at 3:10 PM, canuck73_3 said:

Sorry wadr your take is trash. Orca Bay has NOTHING to do with the Aquilini’s, if it really was a corporate logo for a company that hasn't existed in 11 years don't you think the Aquilini’s would want their own brand to be displayed. 

What would the Aquilini’s brand be? The stuff to do with Rizzuto and lining his pockets full of cash? Or the legit stuff meant to launder for that :lol: 

• Haha 1

On 2/18/2019 at 6:35 PM, wildwood12 said:

This Johnny Canuck version is the best I have seen so far. I would be very happy if the Canucks had this on the front their new uniforms.

That Johnny Canuck logo could look really cool on a green jersey.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

why have i read more than just a couple times people suggestion the word Vancouver being removed as the change....We had the whale without Vancouver for years already. In my opinion get rid of the whale and go clean slate or go back to the very first stick in rink jersey. The whale needs to go, all we did years ago was change the colour scheme and then added vancouver. Wonder how much that cost to do that re design...

We need to ditch the whale, its from an old era, old owner get with something new. You got some good young kids entering the league start with something fresh

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

why have i read more than just a couple times people suggestion the word Vancouver being removed as the change....We had the whale without Vancouver for years already. In my opinion get rid of the whale and go clean slate or go back to the very first stick in rink jersey. The whale needs to go, all we did years ago was change the colour scheme and then added vancouver. Wonder how much that cost to do that re design...

We need to ditch the whale, its from an old era, old owner get with something new. You got some good young kids entering the league start with something fresh

Why though?

Montreal Canadiens haven't needed to start with something fresh for over 100 years.

Just because we have a new group doesnt mean we need a new logo or uniform.   The last thing this franchise needs to do is change our identity AGAIN.

Want to mess with the logo?  Do it on the 3rd Jersey.  Do all kinda of weird **** on the 3rd Jersey who cares.  But the identity of this franchise needs to stop being changed.

• Wat 1

1 minute ago, CanuckGAME said:

Why though?

Montreal Canadiens haven't needed to start with something fresh for over 100 years.

Just because we have a new group doesnt mean we need a new logo or uniform.   The last thing this franchise needs to do is change our identity AGAIN.

Want to mess with the logo?  Do it on the 3rd Jersey.  Do all kinda of weird **** on the 3rd Jersey who cares.  But the identity of this franchise needs to stop being changed.

"change" IS this franchise's identity ... I say embrace it rather than run from it. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, CanuckGAME said:

Why though?

Because it will create income/revenue.  Aquilini should go with the new version the "Vancouver Billionaires"  It may bring some luck.