The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rumor New Home and Away Jerseys for Canucks

Rate this topic

Squamfan

58 minutes ago, The Lock said:

I sure hope you are right and the colours don't change back to the Halloween colours (at least when it comes to our main jerseys). Personally, I don't care if we stick with what we have or go back to the stick in the rink. I doubt the johnny canuck logo is done though as I heard about some copyright issues somewhere with it or it was deemed to be too close to another jersey? I don't know any details about it so take that with a grain of salt.

The Vancouver Giants logo and colours would have been awesome.

1 hour ago, The Lock said:

I sure hope you are right and the colours don't change back to the Halloween colours (at least when it comes to our main jerseys). Personally, I don't care if we stick with what we have or go back to the stick in the rink. I doubt the johnny canuck logo is done though as I heard about some copyright issues somewhere with it or it was deemed to be too close to another jersey? I don't know any details about it so take that with a grain of salt.

The Vancouver Giants logo and colours would have been awesome. Or with the old black,red and yellow

1 hour ago, goalie13 said:

Image result for kelowna rockets

A bit selective to not include the links that the quote is referring to:

Here are all the logos in the NHL: http://www.sportslogos.net/teams/list_by_year/12019/2019_NHL_Logos/

Please point out one other logo that uses an animal or symbol that is completely unrelated to the team's name.  In fact, check out the other three major professional sports leagues in North America:

NBA: http://www.sportslogos.net/teams/list_by_league/6/National_Basketball_Association/NBA/logos/

NFL: http://www.sportslogos.net/teams/list_by_league/7/National_Football_League/NFL/logos/

MLB: http://www.sportslogos.net/teams/list_by_year/42019/2019_MLB_Logos/

The post was referring to the four major North American professional leagues.  The fact that there are 122 other pro teams but you had to use an example from a junior league says enough.  Is it okay to wear tie dye shirts and ripped jeans to business meetings?  Why not, if it's good enough for high school it must be good enough for work.  Comparables for the Canucks should be other NHL teams; a $735 million franchise should not have the same look as a bunch of teenagers playing hockey after school for $500 a month. 

Edited by GoldenAlien

28 minutes ago, GoldenAlien said:

A bit selective to not include the links that the quote is referring to:

It was just meant in fun.

The Rockets immediately jumped to mind because I used to live in Kelowna.  I never liked that they kept the Tacoma name even though it had zero meaning for Kelowna.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, goalie13 said:

It was just meant in fun.

The Rockets immediately jumped to mind because I used to live in Kelowna.  I never liked that they kept the Tacoma name even though it had zero meaning for Kelowna.

Slightly off topic but I also never understood why Calgary kept the name when it moved from Atlanta.  What, just pure laziness?  Imagine if Winnipeg went with the Winnipeg Thrashers. 

3 minutes ago, GoldenAlien said:

Slightly off topic but I also never understood why Calgary kept the name when it moved from Atlanta.  What, just pure laziness?  Imagine if Winnipeg went with the Winnipeg Thrashers. 

Even worse, imagine the Colorado Nordiques.  :)

At the least the Flames can make some sort of connection to the oil fields or something.  There's probably even some point in history when Calgary burned down, so that would work too.

I've always been against taking a team name with the team when it moves.  Start fresh.  Make your own identity.  Plus, that way there's also the opportunity to ressurect the team name in the future.

Removing the name Vancouver or changing what the collar looks like is minimal and pointless to even mention. I guess they want to try and hype it up. But who the heck is going to rush out to get a new $150 plus jersey with a collar change or a word removed...I have Canuck jerseys none are with the whale, I have and always will dislike this jersey. I think almost all of my Canuck gear is anti whale.

Change the logo, create a new buzz and energy with a new identity. But make it count, dont change the look of a collar, striping on the jersey of the removal of the word Vancvouer which we already had the "solo" whale on the jersey and it was brutal when first introduced. Adding Vancouver never made sense to me

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The Lock said:

There were copyright issues with Johnny Canuck in the early years of the Aquilini ownership, which likely explains why Johnny Canuck on the primaries, even as a secondary, has been delayed. However, Canucks Sports & Entertainment now own all the Vancouver hockey trademarks...Millionaires, Johnny Canuck, etc.

The blue and green scheme aren't going anywhere. That's a given.

• Cheers 3

Why doesn’t ownership have a fan vote, every Jersey from our past, and just pick whichever one is most popular? I’d go with original 70s look or the flying skate from the 90s. We looked intimidating in black and the blue, green and white just look great!

On 5/2/2019 at 5:56 PM, Canuckster86 said:

Removing the name Vancouver or changing what the collar looks like is minimal and pointless to even mention. I guess they want to try and hype it up. But who the heck is going to rush out to get a new $150 plus jersey with a collar change or a word removed...I have Canuck jerseys none are with the whale, I have and always will dislike this jersey. I think almost all of my Canuck gear is anti whale.

Change the logo, create a new buzz and energy with a new identity. But make it count, dont change the look of a collar, striping on the jersey of the removal of the word Vancvouer which we already had the "solo" whale on the jersey and it was brutal when first introduced. Adding Vancouver never made sense to me

Think it was done mostly for Olympic purposes, Just another stupid money grab idea. I wouldn't mind if they kept the stick and rink as the permanent jerseys...enough with changing so much.

Edited by nux4lyfe

On 5/2/2019 at 5:56 PM, Canuckster86 said:

Nobody from the Canucks organization is hyping up a new jersey. This isnt being marketed as some brand new identity, the team hasnt even addressed it. Its exclusively fans who have seen the new adidas order form and speculating.

• Cheers 1

On 5/3/2019 at 1:42 PM, MikeyD said:

It's a great logo. It's in my avatar. 

That logo is absolute trash. 

A decapitated Johnny canuck on a bubble letter V.

Worst shoulder patch in this teams history.  There are a lot of amazing graphic designers in Vancouver, instead they somehow find someone to design THAT.  blows me away a professional sports franchise would even use that garbage as a shoulder patch.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, CanuckGAME said:

That logo is absolute trash. 

A decapitated Johnny canuck on a bubble letter V.

Worst shoulder patch in this teams history.  There are a lot of amazing graphic designers in Vancouver, instead they somehow find someone to design THAT.  blows me away a professional sports franchise would even use that garbage as a shoulder patch.

I don't think it's their best, it looks like Santa got stuck in one of those folding beds. I wish the Canucks had a more edgy, meaner identity. 

• Cheers 1

On 12/26/2018 at 7:12 PM, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Definitely a patch logo on one or both of the shoulders forsure.

Edit: Actually I change my opinion, it could be a small single logo patch on the front of the Jersey in the top right corner so it's more visible to see, since 50 is a pretty big thing 

50 Years.................No Stanley Cup....image.png.48c7560cdb931ede252f4b9d3ef77049.png

Edited by stanleysteamersmyl
Addition
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Roberts said:

no matter what logo or jersey they use, half the fanbase will be furious :frantic:

If the original Stick in Rink and Johnny Canuck are the two main logos, with one as the primary crest and the other as the shoulder logo, around 75% of the overall fanbase will highly approve.

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 2
  • Upvote 1