The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rumor New Home and Away Jerseys for Canucks

Rate this topic

Squamfan

10 hours ago, Tiger-Hearted said:

If the Canucks truly want to be like an older team, the corporate irrelevant orca needs to be ditched and replaced by the classic Stick in Rink C with the addition of Johnny Canuck on the shoulders. The orca has no ties to the Pacific Coliseum years and no connection to the days when hockey was just a game and not the corrupt business it has become. Considering that Canada's 3rd oldest  NHL franchise is run by clueless and ruthless owners who would rather divide the fan base than unite it, this is not surprising whatsoever.

The Whitecaps ownership have their fair of trouble but at least, they have allowed their branding team to listen to their long-time fans and take control over the designing of their new uniforms, celebrating the 40th anniversary of their Soccer Bowl '79 championship.

Screenshot_20190515-101812_Samsung Internet.jpg

FB_IMG_1543980199397.jpg

our_game_gallery_23_slide.jpg.cf.jpg.2f5cc012536c92c961f92e5fd4c86e3e.jpg.cf.jpg

FB_IMG_1549501977582.jpg'

Love that Johnny Canuck jersey.  Don’t like the C being on the other side.

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Tiger-Hearted said:

If the Canucks truly want to be like an older team, the corporate irrelevant orca needs to be ditched and replaced by the classic Stick in Rink C with the addition of Johnny Canuck on the shoulders. The orca has no ties to the Pacific Coliseum years and no connection to the days when hockey was just a game and not the corrupt business it has become. Considering that Canada's 3rd oldest  NHL franchise is run by clueless and ruthless owners who would rather divide the fan base than unite it, this is not surprising whatsoever.

The Whitecaps ownership have their fair of trouble but at least, they have allowed their branding team to listen to their long-time fans and take control over the designing of their new uniforms, celebrating the 40th anniversary of their Soccer Bowl '79 championship.

Screenshot_20190515-101812_Samsung Internet.jpg

FB_IMG_1549501977582.jpg

I'd be totally happy if they just went back to these.

• Like 2

Really suprised and happy about the lack of advertising on the jerseys....

thought it would head towards soccer ala EMIRATES on the front... etc..

lose vancouver wording. ok.

keep dolphin... ok... although id like to see the teeth removed until our team actually has some bite...

buffalo has a great one, cheers to them.

15 hours ago, Roberts said:

I wonder if this big sale is related to the jersey change coming up. both home and away Adidas jerseys are on for really good prices.

Same as sportchek as well..  all the Canucks jersey are on sale

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jovocop55 said:

Same as sportchek as well..  all the Canucks jersey are on sale

that's even more interesting, I checked a couple other teams jerseys on Sportchek's site and they aren't marked down, so it appears the Canucks are the only ones. I'm getting the feeling that the upcoming jersey change will be more significant than just a patch on the jersey.

1 hour ago, Roberts said:

that's even more interesting, I checked a couple other teams jerseys on Sportchek's site and they aren't marked down, so it appears the Canucks are the only ones. I'm getting the feeling that the upcoming jersey change will be more significant than just a patch on the jersey.

Back to the Orca Bay Canucks look in Vancouver Canucks colours.

6 hours ago, Tiger-Hearted said:

Beautiful. I would just keep the white Stick inside the blue Rink with a white outline separating the green border from getting lost on the blue base.

van70.png___SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1285557970107.cf.png

Nah the white rink looks amazing on the blue jerseys.  Really pops.

The 3rd jerseys we have with the blue rink on the blue jerseys looks terrible.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, morgo said:

This would make for a terrible shoulder patch.  Johnny Canuck in the V could work...

Why would the full-body Johnny Canuck make a terrible shoulder patch? It's far better than having JC's severed head trapped in a V and drawing comparisons to the Vachon Cakes logo.

vachoncupcake.gif.cf.gif

44 minutes ago, Tiger-Hearted said:

Why would the full-body Johnny Canuck make a terrible shoulder patch? It's far better than having JC's severed head trapped in a V and drawing comparisons to the Vachon Cakes logo.

vachoncupcake.gif.cf.gif

This Johnny V is way better than the head version.

IMG_20190517_173059.jpg

• Upvote 2