The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rumor New Home and Away Jerseys for Canucks

Rate this topic

Squamfan

Petey looks like Swedish royalty in those. 

The "corporate orca" narrative is just silly - but not quite as silly as Monty Python's fish slapping dance. It's just for people who want to justify their hate for the orca.

Besides, we now have a consistent logo, striping scheme and colours. Lots to be happy about, rather than having all these silly changes.

Also, in light of John Cleese just recently performing live here in Vancouver, I give you this:

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Would rather have the stick-in-rink than the orca.  But I think the main problem I have with the orca, is that the colours don’t match the rest of the jersey.  Here is a recolouring I did (I’m sure others have done this too), thoughts?

496CAFEC-701D-4E56-A57B-C7DCC0FBA8A9.jpeg

Edited by VANFAN101
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

Breaks the first rule of a Blue, Green and White scheme unfortunately; Blue and Green should never touch.  While I agree that green should be in our primary logo, for whatever reason it always looks bad on the Orca.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, DJSkingz said:

Bring back the '94 jerseys!! Best uniform in hockey.

I don't know how many times it needs to be repeated in here but we are going to be wearing the skate jerseys next season several times.....

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, CanuckGAME said:

I don't know how many times it needs to be repeated in here but we are going to be wearing the skate jerseys next season several times.....

I know. However, I want them full time, not just a few times for potentially one season. ::D

• Upvote 2

On 5/29/2019 at 9:37 PM, nux4lyfe said:

Oh man, That J Canuck jersey!! Take all my money.

Those actually look pretty sweet. Makes so much more sense as a team logo. Moreso than the orca IMO.

On 5/29/2019 at 11:43 PM, VANFAN101 said:

Would rather have the stick-in-rink than the orca.  But I think the main problem I have with the orca, is that the colours don’t match the rest of the jersey.  Here is a recolouring I did (I’m sure others have done this too), thoughts?

I think you`re bang-on with the added green in the logo, although if they insist on having a whale as the logo, then I wish they would re-design the whale to look meaner - like the Sharks logo. I know the whale design represents the people of Haida Gwaii, but why not have a Haida design shoulder patch then? As a nice nod, paying respect.

This is what they need to do:

1. Decide what a Canuck is

2. Design and develop a logo and mascot that match their definition of Canuck

3. Run with it and never change it again

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

Those actually look pretty sweet. Makes so much more sense as a team logo. Moreso than the orca IMO.

I think you`re bang-on with the added green in the logo, although if they insist on having a whale as the logo, then I wish they would re-design the whale to look meaner - like the Sharks logo. I know the whale design represents the people of Haida Gwaii, but why not have a Haida design shoulder patch then? As a nice nod, paying respect.

This is what they need to do:

1. Decide what a Canuck is

2. Design and develop a logo and mascot that match their definition of Canuck

3. Run with it and never change it again

What's a Canuck?

Easy answer:

home21.jpg.cf.jpg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tiger-Hearted said:

What's a Canuck?

Easy answer:

home21.jpg.cf.jpg

The thing is tho Johnny canuck is honestly the worst logo we could as a main logo he is an ok shoulder patch but a Johnny canuck Jersey would be the worse I rather seen the flying v I am glad we stuck with the orca

• Cheers 2
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

I dont mind the Orca, but the stink in rink is so much cooler and nostalgic.  Wish that was the prominent logo

I would be totally okay of they went back to those original stick in rink jerseys, with no name on the back and the V on the lower arms. They brought them out during the 40th anniversary (what? 10 years ago already?) Those were really nice (the road whites) 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

On 5/28/2019 at 1:09 PM, Squamfan said:

spacer.png

Not a lot of talk of the new Stick n Rink logo which I think looks awesome!

The stick looks like it's angled more and intersects the inner green "C" in the middle, where the previous one this was more towards the bottom.  It now looks balanced and this tweak with the white background colour makes the "C" a prominent part of the logo.   You can even stretch and say the new stick angle is a "V" shape.   It solves something that didn't look quite right about the updated Stick n Rink, how the "C" looked like it was there by accident.  Hopefully we get to see it more clearly soon.

Revised-Stick-and-Rink-2008-vancouver-canucks-2061993-700-514.gif

Edited by Petey Castiglione
I should say the new Stick n Rink is seen on shoulders of the leaked image. Added the other one for comparison.
  • Upvote 1