The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rumor New Home and Away Jerseys for Canucks

Rate this topic

Squamfan

You know what, I have an idea on how to settle this once and for all. 

Each season, the Canucks rotate between the skate, orca, stick in rink, and JC.

So say last season was orca as the primary logo, then this coming season it will be the skate and so on.

We keep doing this until we win a cup and whichever logo we happen to be wearing will remain the permanent primary logo of the canucks.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

You know what, I have an idea on how to settle this once and for all. 

Each season, the Canucks rotate between the skate, orca, stick in rink, and JC.

So say last season was orca as the primary logo, then this coming season it will be the skate and so on.

We keep doing this until we win a cup and whichever logo we happen to be wearing will remain the permanent primary logo of the canucks.

The Canucks will win the Cup with Johnny Canuck or the classic Stick in Rink with Johnny Canuck on the shoulders. It's meant to be.

• Wat 3
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, CanuckGAME said:

false-creek-orcas.jpg?quality=70&strip=a

orcas2.jpg?quality=70&strip=all&w=672&zo

B...b....b...but orcas are never in Vancouver.  T...t...t...they have nothing to do with our city.

Show me another city this happens in.

This was today.

I immediately thought of this thread when I saw that today hah. Orcas are west coast!

11 hours ago, CanuckGAME said:

false-creek-orcas.jpg?quality=70&strip=a

orcas2.jpg?quality=70&strip=all&w=672&zo

B...b....b...but orcas are never in Vancouver.  T...t...t...they have nothing to do with our city.

This was today.

obviously just an orca bay publicity stunt.

• Haha 4

Allow me to steelman the argument for the orca and offer counterpoints:

1) represents the west coast

... So do mountains, skiing, bears, beavers, moose, seals, sea lions, kelp, tankers, hiking, trees, forestry, sushi, rain, etc., so why does an orca represent it best? Who chose an orca as best to represent a team called Canucks? Right, the company named Orca Bay Sports. Imagine Orca Bay's name actually being Beaver Tail Sports, and then having them decide a beaver as our logo, and a mascot named Ben. 

2) the logo looks great

... To some. To others it looks like a pregnant whale, a constipated whale, a pregnant constipated whale, cultural appropriation similar to the Eskimos, etc. Also, so do all of our other logos, such as SiR, skate, Johnny Canuck, so why not those?

3) we've had the logo for the longest 

... So what? Is time the deciding criteria on what logo to use? The other logos were still used for years and years and years, long enough to have fans become attached to them, so why does this current generation of fans, who weren't even around for the other logos, have their attachment honoured as primary and none of the others? We've don't primary for all our logos except Johnny Canuck, so why not go with him for the next ten years?

4) let's build a tradition with the current logo, because you can't please everyone

... I think it's pretty clear, with how many different logos and jersey modifications over the years, that the tradition is to change and try to appeal to everyone, so why not usher in a new core with another change? Since there are lots of unhappy orca fans, why not go with something completely new, like the JC air pilot concept out there? It has some pretty cool history aimed at where the name Canuck comes from, so if a new logo is made and looks super awesome, would that work for orca fans? If tradition of sticking with one logo is of such importance, why not go back to the original SiR logo and go with that instead of the orca?

So, here are some orca points with counter arguments. I'd love to now here some different orca arguments to counter, as I think I've offered some reasonable rebuttals. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, CanuckGAME said:

This was today.

Ha ha, awesome. I came here to post the same thing.

I live 3 blocks away from there and walk that part of the Sea Wall with my dog everyday. Gonna go down later to see if the  4 Johnny Canucks are still swimming around.

I usually let my dog Tess swim under the Burrard Bridge that is very close by.

Since she looks a lot like a Harbour Seal...I don't think she gets to take a dip today! :sadno:

IMG_20181220_120050.thumb.jpg.82437fa4d510558c0cb7c38131193621.jpg

'Don't give me that look Tess, you're not swimming with the Orca'

Edited by bishopshodan
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

LOVE the primaries.  Nailed it.  So damn sharp.  So damn nice will be buying one for sure.

That 3rd Jersey is fugly as hell wtf?

If were going to use the stick in rink as our 3rd Jersey logo what's so difficult for this franchise to just use the original?  It looks perfect.  

naslund_markus.jpg

My issue with the original Sitck and Rink is that it doesn't stand out from the primary jersey.  It took me half the game sometimes to realize they were wearing 3rd and not the primaries.  

With these, you'll notice it right away but I don't like that the Primary Colour is still Blue.  In my mind for a 3rd, it should be the inverse colours of the primary.  Make Green the primary with Blue and white the secondary like the Utica 3rds.

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

LOVE the primaries.  Nailed it.  So damn sharp.  So damn nice will be buying one for sure.

That 3rd Jersey is fugly as hell wtf?

If were going to use the stick in rink as our 3rd Jersey logo what's so difficult for this franchise to just use the original?  It looks perfect.  

naslund_markus.jpg

I thought the 40th was better refresh of them all, although I liked the modern 3rd with stick and rink during the Kesler yrs, had Johnny Canucks shoulder patch. 

0927-van08a-burrows.png

40th:

KurtenbachSedin.jpg?token=dZKDPzKyIM2pbD

VAN+AnniversarySweater2.png

Edited by Jaimito