The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rumor New Home and Away Jerseys for Canucks

Rate this topic

Squamfan

4 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

I thought the 40th was better refresh of them all, although I liked the modern 3rd with stick and rink during the Kesler yrs, had Johnny Canucks shoulder patch. 

The last 3rd Jersey we had with the decapitated JC and the Nike swoosh stick in rink is the worst 3rd Jersey this franchise has ever had in its 50 year history.

1 minute ago, CanuckGAME said:

The last 3rd Jersey we had with the decapitated JC and the Nike swoosh stick in rink is the worst 3rd Jersey this franchise has ever had in its 50 year history.

You mean this one? I loved it and have one. Unfortunately it has Kesler on it, might change it to Leivo if he sticks another yr. 

The good thing is we have so many to choose from.  Canucks have no shortage of jerseys over the yrs. 

0927-van08a-burrows.png

3 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

AND IS THIS NEW CRAP ANY BETTER?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

The third looks like some 5 year old made on Microsoft paint

MS paint is awesome and there is 3D paint now too.   5 yr old perhaps.  Again, it looks simple and old school.  Will reserve judgment until I see the players in a game. I didnt like the 40th when it came out, but it grew on me.  By the time I wanted it, it was sold out.  

1 minute ago, Jaimito said:

MS paint is awesome and there is 3D paint now too.   5 yr old perhaps.  Again, it looks simple and old school.  Will reserve judgment until I see the players in a game. I didnt like the 40th when it came out, but it grew on me.  By the time I wanted it, it was sold out.  

The old one on windows xp and windows 7

I really like the new home and road jerseys, the new shoulder patch stands out, and removing the wordmark is a huge improvement.  Like it or not, the Blue and green colors and the Orca are our identity, they made it much better with these changes.  I love the 3rd, that jersey will look really cool on the ice.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

I have to say, without the wordmark, the orca feels a little barren. 

Maybe needs some stripping on the top like the blues jersey.

Takes getting used to perhaps, but I recall the same saying that the orca and Vancouver lettering made it too busy when it first came out.  I think with a C/A patch and the 50th anniversary patch, it will work better.

Also like the lighter shoulder patches on away which matches the rest of the white jersey better.  On the home, not so much.

Home-50_3995x.jpg?v=1560205918

Road-50_3995x.jpg?v=1560205965

Canucks-White-2094_crop_3995x.jpg?v=1560

Just now, Jaimito said:

Takes getting used to perhaps, but I recall the same saying that the orca and Vancouver lettering made it too busy when it first came out.  I think with a C/A patch and the 50th anniversary patch, it will work better.

Also like the lighter shoulder patches on away which matches the rest of the white jersey better.  On the home, not so much.

Home-50_3995x.jpg?v=1560205918

Road-50_3995x.jpg?v=1560205965

Canucks-White-2094_crop_3995x.jpg?v=1560

The shoulder patch should be inverted like the orca is on the white jerseys.  Only makes sense.  Why leave them white?

3 hours ago, Jester13 said:

Allow me to steelman the argument for the orca and offer counterpoints:

1) represents the west coast

... So do mountains, skiing, bears, beavers, moose, seals, sea lions, kelp, tankers, hiking, trees, forestry, sushi, rain, etc., so why does an orca represent it best? Who chose an orca as best to represent a team called Canucks? Right, the company named Orca Bay Sports. Imagine Orca Bay's name actually being Beaver Tail Sports, and then having them decide a beaver as our logo, and a mascot named Ben. 

2) the logo looks great

... To some. To others it looks like a pregnant whale, a constipated whale, a pregnant constipated whale, cultural appropriation similar to the Eskimos, etc. Also, so do all of our other logos, such as SiR, skate, Johnny Canuck, so why not those?

3) we've had the logo for the longest 

... So what? Is time the deciding criteria on what logo to use? The other logos were still used for years and years and years, long enough to have fans become attached to them, so why does this current generation of fans, who weren't even around for the other logos, have their attachment honoured as primary and none of the others? We've don't primary for all our logos except Johnny Canuck, so why not go with him for the next ten years?

4) let's build a tradition with the current logo, because you can't please everyone

... I think it's pretty clear, with how many different logos and jersey modifications over the years, that the tradition is to change and try to appeal to everyone, so why not usher in a new core with another change? Since there are lots of unhappy orca fans, why not go with something completely new, like the JC air pilot concept out there? It has some pretty cool history aimed at where the name Canuck comes from, so if a new logo is made and looks super awesome, would that work for orca fans? If tradition of sticking with one logo is of such importance, why not go back to the original SiR logo and go with that instead of the orca?

So, here are some orca points with counter arguments. I'd love to now here some different orca arguments to counter, as I think I've offered some reasonable rebuttals. 

Second time new owner announces a uni change, second time Orca remains primary. It seems he sees the excuses as a bunch of baloney as well. A good logo that represents is all that matters. Not the how or why.

ONE.gif.e41ccc82abb3cbdf32cfa1b1688c9043.gif

Orca.png.6760c90cb2eb44f7dbc2e21273364956.png

• Cheers 1