The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rumor New Home and Away Jerseys for Canucks

Rate this topic

Squamfan

On 6/8/2019 at 8:38 PM, Tiger-Hearted said:

Here's proof that Orca Bay was a meddling corporate ownership that wanted their corporate orca influence on the Canucks:

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/team-changes-name-of-holding-company/article17979211/

^^^Arthur Griffiths said it wasn't "his intention to incorporate an orca into the team's logo". 

**In fact, Griffiths stated on his former radio show that he wanted to have the updated Johnny Canuck in the Skate colours, also designed by Orca logo designer Brent Lynch, as the new primary but new majority owner John McCaw and his Orca Bay "Yes people" like Stan McCammon wanted to have their orca brand in the Canucks' identity.

https://relationshipscience.com/person/john-e-mccaw-jr-3366735

^^^ Orca Bay Capital Corp. Sounds like corporate influence to me.

https://theprovince.com/sports/willes-the-complicated-ultimately-happy-saga-of-arthur-griffiths-and-his-vancouver-sports-legacy

While I'm not responding to this quote, I would like to respond to one of your other posts in this thread that I cannot find. I am paraphrasing, but you responded to a comment about the orca being important for indigenous history, and then posited that indigenous history is relevant throughout all of Canada, and then used Montreal as an example. 

I think you're forgetting the orcas significance to the pacific north west. The orca is much more prevalent in the pacific ocean than the atlantic or arctic. 

"Killer Whales are the most widely-distributed mammals in the world. Although they are more commonly found in areas associated with high ocean productivity, in the mid to high latitudes, they can tolerate temperature ranges from polar to tropical waters. In Canada, Killer Whales are found in all three oceans, but are less common in Atlantic and Arctic regions. In British Columbia, they have been observed throughout almost all marine waters, including long inlets, narrow passages and deep embayments, as well as occasionally up brackish river channels."

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, DontTouchMeGuys said:

While I'm not responding to this quote, I would like to respond to one of your other posts in this thread that I cannot find. I am paraphrasing, but you responded to a comment about the orca being important for indigenous history, and then posited that indigenous history is relevant throughout all of Canada, and then used Montreal as an example. 

I think you're forgetting the orcas significance to the pacific north west. The orca is much more prevalent in the pacific ocean than the atlantic or arctic. 

"Killer Whales are the most widely-distributed mammals in the world. Although they are more commonly found in areas associated with high ocean productivity, in the mid to high latitudes, they can tolerate temperature ranges from polar to tropical waters. In Canada, Killer Whales are found in all three oceans, but are less common in Atlantic and Arctic regions. In British Columbia, they have been observed throughout almost all marine waters, including long inlets, narrow passages and deep embayments, as well as occasionally up brackish river channels."

The official description even added rain as part of life in NW.  Hence the rain drops on the heritage letters. 

Canucks-Blue-B-2032_crop_3995x.jpg?v=156

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

I know every time a new jersey comes out, the fan base reacts strongly. But I am happy there is a choice. 

Vanbase_-_Collection_Page_Banner_-_900_x

Honestly the one that stands out in this photo is the stick in rink. It is just a cleaner look.

Its retro and modern at the same time

Edited by AV's Coin
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jaimito said:

Takes getting used to perhaps, but I recall the same saying that the orca and Vancouver lettering made it too busy when it first came out.  I think with a C/A patch and the 50th anniversary patch, it will work better.

Also like the lighter shoulder patches on away which matches the rest of the white jersey better.  On the home, not so much.

Home-50_3995x.jpg?v=1560205918

Road-50_3995x.jpg?v=1560205965

Canucks-White-2094_crop_3995x.jpg?v=1560

Yeah with the patches it looks way better.

Maybe setting up ads on jerseys? :ph34r:

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Tiger-Hearted said:

Well, I'm not going to stoop down to your immature childishness. Just say "congratulations". You got what you wanted.:)

You take this way too serious man.  Relax.  

But your tears are delicious.

tenor.gif?itemid=5468210

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1