The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rumor New Home and Away Jerseys for Canucks

Rate this topic

Squamfan

12 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

I actually like the 3rd jerseys they have (stick in rink with the Johnny Canuck V on the shoulders), like paying homage to the early days of the team in the 70s. I would be okay with these as the main jerseys.

That is the most recent jersey I have, no whale jersey for me.

Some might see that logo as cartoonish tho

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

I would hope if they go for a change they do a complete change. Going back to old jerseys is okay I suppose like the skate, love that jersey. But johnny Canuck, not sure, would depend on the logo i guess, maybe they modify it a bit?

Johnny Canuck with the blue and green I'm ok with. Just done with the orca. I'd love the 94 colors to come back though. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

That is the most recent jersey I have, no whale jersey for me.

Some might see that logo as cartoonish tho

I have a "skate" BURE knockoff, which I don't wear much. I also have a few "orca" jerseys (BOURDON, D. SEDIN, BURROWS, HORVAT, VIRTANEN) and I have a "stick in rink" (NASLUND). I don't have the 3rd "stick in rink" jersey, but I think I want  #40 in that. Ah geez, and the there's Hughes next year. Going to be expensive buying all of these new jerseys lol  

19 hours ago, Just1CupBeforeIDie said:

The blue/green uniforms are also good. The colours represent the ocean and mountains.

Keep the blue/green! 

Keep the killer whale!

Totally agree! I think keep the orca idea with the native artwork style, maybe more minimalistic 

• Upvote 1

I would be fine if it's just a minor tweak like removing "Vancouver" on top of the Orca. but If we're keeping it, i hope they redesign it to make it look more intimidating and fierce kinda like what the Sharks did. 

Totally open to a Johnny Canuck logo too as long as it's not this one. 

Image result for johnny canuck

Something like the Vancouver Giants logo would be great.

Image result for vancouver giants logo

2 hours ago, Trebreh said:

I would be fine if it's just a minor tweak like removing "Vancouver" on top of the Orca. but If we're keeping it, i hope they redesign it to make it look more intimidating and fierce kinda like what the Sharks did. 

Totally open to a Johnny Canuck logo too as long as it's not this one. 

Image result for johnny canuck

Something like the Vancouver Giants logo would be great.

Image result for vancouver giants logo

The current Johnny Canuck is based on the original Western League version:

5564_vancouver__canucks_-primary-1953.png

our_game_gallery_23_slide.jpg.cf.jpg.2f5cc012536c92c961f92e5fd4c86e3e.jpg.cf.jpg

On 12/26/2018 at 2:41 PM, Tiger-Hearted said:

A logo is supposed to represent the team name, not the region. It was inspired by the Orca Bay ownership. 

In spite of the West Coast Express and Sedin eras, there has been terrible luck:

1. Ohlund's eye injury in practice. This injury hampered his offensive maximum potential.

2. Naslund breaking his leg in Buffalo in 2001 while enjoying a career year. Lost for the remainder of the season and playoffs.

3. Cloutier's 2002 gaffe vs Lidstrom in the playoffs.

4. Luongo's choke jobs and meltdowns in the playoffs.

5. Boeser crashing into the open side of the gateway to the Canucks' bench, therefore ending his season and costing him the club rookie records for goals and points and the likely, the Calder.

How could you not include Salo’s nut in this list?

Edited by ey40
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Just1CupBeforeIDie said:

Lumberjacks  are history...hug a tree today

A cartoon lumberjack or a fierce killer whale? Killer whale hands down bar  none.

I guess the anime generation prefers the cartoon...

So it seems. I love the Orca logo and feel it represents where the team plays very well. I wouldn't be opposed to a JC as our 3rd jersey. Just not the running cartoon lumberjack version.

• Upvote 1

On 12/26/2018 at 9:49 PM, -Vintage Canuck- said:

If we are going to keep the Orca, I would like to see the "VANCOUVER" lettering removed and here is what it would look like:

eXLbSxI.jpg&key=2f0bc368b82f4f267b5f61a0

I don't mind the wordmark above the logo, but this looks much better.  You don't see the stick and rink much around GM place these days, much more JC and Skate logos.  I could see them changing out the shoulder logo for next year.  I like our striping, I really hope they don't change that at all.  I hope the alternate is green, much like the Comets alternate.

Still a fan of a Johnny Canuck logo.

The blue and green represents our commitment to preserving our environment.

Johnny is a fun, not too serious, tough looking character that, imo, is an accurate representation of what a BCer is. We are generally fun people that don't take life too seriously. When provoked, however, we can become quite abrasive, especially when defending our way of life and our identity.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Not a fan of the whale's face. The swirl where the white oval is supposed to be and the chicklets for teeth. Should be a more fierce rendition of the killer whale IMO

The Orca's eye and grimacing look appears like Grover from Sesame Street physically struggling with doing opposites or like it's giving birth.

-A hipster looking logger over a Killer Whale? come on, the Orca is one of the coolest animals on the planet. Perfect for a west coast team.

-Human Mascots are weird looking. Fin is a lot of fun, would hate to see him go.

-The Giants logo looks like JC and is a lot cooler looking than the Main St. resident running in skates logo.

-We have had too many changes.

We have the most promising group of player in years. Don't mess with the mojo! no need to fix things that are not broken. 

• Upvote 1