The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rumor New Home and Away Jerseys for Canucks

Rate this topic

Squamfan

On 12/27/2018 at 6:08 AM, IBatch said:

So do the Canucks with their orca shaped like a C.  And their original stick in rink is a C too.  I guess the difference is MTL and VAN Cs are about their names, where as Calgary’s is about their city.   Not really copying anyone at this point given we’ve played this long with a C anyways ...

Then change the &^@#ing name to Vancouver Orcas.  Now that would make sense.  Otherwise, A canuck is not a whale.  Dump the orca already.  Worst logo in the league.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

-A hipster looking logger over a Killer Whale? come on, the Orca is one of the coolest animals on the planet. Perfect for a west coast team.

-Human Mascots are weird looking. Fin is a lot of fun, would hate to see him go.

-The Giants logo looks like JC and is a lot cooler looking than the Main St. resident running in skates logo.

-We have had too many changes.

We have the most promising group of player in years. Don't mess with the mojo! no need to fix things that are not broken. 

Yes, Johnny Canuck.  THAT is a Canuck.  What does a whale have to do with a canuck...nothing.  To state the obvious, a logo should match the team nickname.  Ours does not and should be changed.    

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Zedlee said:

Yes, Johnny Canuck.  THAT is a Canuck.  What does a whale have to do with a canuck...nothing.  To state the obvious, a logo should match the team nickname.  Ours does not and should be changed.    

Well you know, they say opinions are like ....??????? ( everybody has one) .....and yours stinks.

Just teasing you. This is the beauty of a discussion forum. We can all spew our thoughts, popular or not. I'm pretty sure there has been many polls on here in the past few years about this. From what I remember JC logo usually doesn't get much love. Maybe you should post another one?

5 hours ago, Zedlee said:

4 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

Well you know, they say opinions are like ....??????? ( everybody has one) .....and yours stinks.

Just teasing you. This is the beauty of a discussion forum. We can all spew our thoughts, popular or not. I'm pretty sure there has been many polls on here in the past few years about this. From what I remember JC logo usually doesn't get much love. Maybe you should post another one?

Zedlee is 110% spot on, sorry to say, bishop. JC may not get much love on CDC but in the majority of Canuck Nation, JC is kilometres and kilometres ahead of the Orca in popularity.

20160207_001210.jpg

• Cheers 1

On ‎12‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 2:07 PM, NUCKER67 said:

I actually like the 3rd jerseys they have (stick in rink with the Johnny Canuck V on the shoulders), like paying homage to the early days of the team in the 70s. I would be okay with these as the main jerseys.

The Orca jersey does that as well. It has the stick in rink on the shoulders.

• Upvote 3

On ‎12‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 2:07 PM, NUCKER67 said:

I actually like the 3rd jerseys they have (stick in rink with the Johnny Canuck V on the shoulders), like paying homage to the early days of the team in the 70s. I would be okay with these as the main jerseys.

The Orca jersey does that as well. It has the stick in rink on the shoulders.

• Upvote 1

On ‎12‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 9:37 AM, Filthy McNasty said:

It is almost 2019 and I think your in the right track but you just offended someone are assuming johnny Canucks gender so it needs to also be gender neutral 

oh yes right gender neutral  I think zig zag  would be a another sponsor too  have johnny/  jonny smoking a blunt 

15 hours ago, Tiger-Hearted said:

Zedlee is 110% spot on, sorry to say, bishop. JC may not get much love on CDC but in the majority of Canuck Nation, JC is kilometres and kilometres ahead of the Orca in popularity.

20160207_001210.jpg

Johnny Canuck has finished DEAD LAST in every poll this forum has ever had.  And I guerantee a hell of a lot more people vote here on this forum than on 1040's site.  

The orca is here to stay.  We dont need some bull**** cartoon logo.  

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 3

47 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

Johnny Canuck has finished DEAD LAST in every poll this forum has ever had.  And I guerantee a hell of a lot more people vote here on this forum than on 1040's site.  

The orca is here to stay.  We dont need some bull**** cartoon logo.  

You should change your name to OrcaGAME.

More people go in on the 1040 site than the CDC message boards.

18 hours ago, Tiger-Hearted said:

First, thank you for your using the metric system and for referencing '%110' , very Canadian hockey fan of you. :gocan:

Second, don't be sorry unless you are fibbing in your belief of JC's support.

1 hour ago, Tiger-Hearted said:

You should change your name to OrcaGAME.

More people go in on the 1040 site than the CDC message boards.

Finally, I didn't know that site was more popular but are they all Canucks fans or just general hockey fans?  I like the CDC poll's because I would say that a very high percentage of CDC members are actually Canucks fans. For example if I saw a TSN poll asking me what the Oilers primary logo should be...I would vote for a coil of poop. 

• Upvote 1

This franchise has got the most colorful history when it comes to logos and jerseys out of all NHL franchises, that's not a positive thing. Stick to this concept. The Orca and colors work great. 

What I would like to see, using this jersey as a template: 

Image result for canucks jersey

- Crest Logo is the Orca

- Drop "Vancouver" 

- Shoulder logos is Stick in rink

- "Bulkier" lines on the arms and waist

- Collar fully white

- A little more retro feeling basically, think it would be sick

100% they are bringing back the stick in rink jersey as the third so we got it covered! Speaking of that I want them to get rid of the JC logo all together on the jerseys. Cartoon lumberjack? Really?  

Edited by DeltaSwede
  • Upvote 1

The current logo is my favorite logo in the entire league. It not only pays homage to the native Canadians that were here before us, but it's also represents the west coast beautifully.

Calling it "corporate" is just a cop out.

Beats the hell out of a political cartoon character from 1869.

• Wat 2