The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rumor New Home and Away Jerseys for Canucks

Rate this topic

Squamfan

4 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

The current logo is my favorite logo in the entire league. It not only pays homage to the native Canadians that were here before us, but it's also represents the west coast beautifully.

Calling it "corporate" is just a cop out.

Beats the hell out of a political cartoon character from 1869.

This so-called homage to Native Canadians is absolutely crapola. First of all, First Nations people lived all over Canada and the rest of North America. Not just in BC. The Orca was inspired by the former Orca Bay ownership who wanted their corporate mascot on the Canucks' brand. Also, the Orca logo is not a true First Nations design. 

The Canucks are named after Johnny Canuck who symbolized the brave Canadian Armed Forces during WWII. The City of Vancouver was built on the lumber industry. A lot of Canadian lumber went into making hockey sticks. So Johnny Canuck is a cartoon character, so what. What do you call the Penguins' Skating Penguin or the Boston Celtics' Winking Leprechaun? Johnny is a fearless and hardworking BC/Canadian lumberjack who plays hockey in his spare time. 

5564_vancouver__canucks_-primary-1953.png

our_game_gallery_23_slide.jpg.cf.jpg.2f5cc012536c92c961f92e5fd4c86e3e.jpg.cf.jpg

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Wat 2

2 hours ago, Tiger-Hearted said:

This so-called homage to Native Canadians is absolutely crapola. First of all, First Nations people lived all over Canada and the rest of North America. Not just in BC. The Orca was inspired by the former Orca Bay ownership who wanted their corporate mascot on the Canucks' brand. Also, the Orca logo is not a true First Nations design. 

The Canucks are named after Johnny Canuck who symbolized the brave Canadian Armed Forces during WWII. The City of Vancouver was built on the lumber industry. A lot of Canadian lumber went into making hockey sticks. So Johnny Canuck is a cartoon character, so what. What do you call the Penguins' Skating Penguin or the Boston Celtics' Winking Leprechaun? Johnny is a fearless and hardworking BC/Canadian lumberjack who plays hockey in his spare time. 

our_game_gallery_23_slide.jpg.cf.jpg.2f5cc012536c92c961f92e5fd4c86e3e.jpg.cf.jpg

It was created in the 1800's. That's slightly before WW2. An Orca represents the west coast far better then a lumberjack ever could. 

Also the Orca is just visually more pleasing. 

Anyone still relating the current logo to Orca Bay is simply living in the past. But hey, if it floats your boat, maybe we could set up yet another CDC poll, although I doubt the results would be to your liking ;)

• Cheers 2
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Tiger-Hearted said:

That logo looks like literal s*** as a front crest.

• Cheers 2
  • Wat 1

On 12/26/2018 at 12:43 PM, Squamfan said:

https://www.icethetics.co/jerseywatch/

Per icethics Canucks are getting new Jersey next year.

019 HOME & ROAD JERSEYS: Expected. After the Blackhawks, the other big surprise from the Adidas catalog was seeing new primary sweaters listed for the Canucks in 2019-20! It’s unclear whether the Canucks are working on sweeping changes or maybe just updating the crest to remove the superfluous “Vancouver” arched across the top. But I also wouldn’t be that shocked to see a new primary logo to coincide with the 50th anniversary.

I don't quite get how the use of " Vancouver " is not as appreciated by the fans, always thought it was a cool touch. Don't people take pride in the city name on the jersey ? 

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

I don't quite get how the use of " Vancouver " is not as appreciated by the fans, always thought it was a cool touch. Don't people take pride in the city name on the jersey ? 

It's redundant and looks bad, lazily slapped over the top of an existing logo. It looks like something they added to sell merch to tourists and remind casuals where the Canucks play.

Edited by Bitter Melon

Johnny Canuck isn't a bad logo until it's put onto a jersey - it just doesn't sit right.

I don't mind the JC with the V, tho, but gawd do I wish ownership doesn't screw this one up and we're stuck with something stupid for years to come.

Edited by Jester13

3 hours ago, Tiger-Hearted said:

Do you see 'MONTREAL' on the Canadiens' sweaters? 

No why?

what does that have to do with " Vancouver " ?

Like I've said it was a nice touch, I'm in the minority that's cool, just dont see what all the hate for it is about.

Like the idea of Jersey adorning the city name.

• Cheers 1

On 12/28/2018 at 12:00 PM, Tiger-Hearted said:

The Orca's eye and grimacing look appears like Grover from Sesame Street physically struggling with doing opposites or like it's giving birth.

you're still going on this? man, you need a life. i doubt you even know any of the players on the team. you just come to complain about the logo.

upper management this last summer said that the Orca still has a long shelf life as a primary. might it be tweaked? maybe, but the Orca is staying. great symbol for the west coast.

you should get some help, your obsession is unhealthy.

• Cheers 3

23 minutes ago, Laoag said:

you're still going on this? man, you need a life. i doubt you even know any of the players on the team. you just come to complain about the logo.

upper management this last summer said that the Orca still has a long shelf life as a primary. might it be tweaked? maybe, but the Orca is staying. great symbol for the west coast.

you should get some help, your obsession is unhealthy.

Take a hike, buddy.

4 minutes ago, Tiger-Hearted said:

Take a hike, buddy.

not your buddy, chum. and i did take a beautiful hike today. thats why i don't have hundreds of posts about my jersey and logo preference on here.

new year same OLD tiny tiger.

Edited by Laoag
  • Cheers 2