The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia 2018: The year of the missing mafia

Zfetch

Just now, Beluga Whale said:

But BJ,  Virt was still alive when the conversion took place. AV could have selected who got converted and then it went through that same nightfall. 

This isn't clear.

Round 2 - AV is lynched; conversion takes place

Round 3 - Virt gets GK'd

It's plausible the mafia got a conversion, right?

1 minute ago, Beluga Whale said:

But BJ,  Virt was still alive when the conversion took place. AV could have selected who got converted and then it went through that same nightfall. 

How does AV factor into this and why would he choose Virt?

Why any mafia for that matter choose a player who never showed up? I don't mind tinfoiling right now, but that seems like a pretty big stretch.

15 minutes ago, Stamkos said:

I told y’all. DPS

I believed you, my dear friend. If I go to the gallows, so too will my name be vindicated; and I will be remembered as one who gave valiantly their efforts in this game of wit,

Your big defense write-up is a huge red flag. I'd assume if you were town you'd feel like same as I do. But instead, it looks like you're scum that wants to steal this win. 

Yeah. I can see how that might be scummy. I was trying to be serious for the first half and kind of got to jesting by the end of it. I don't know why but I love to be facetious on here. Feel it's my personality somewhat, or maybe I want it to be, and I'm constantly trying to live up to something because you guys are a great group of game buddies and I want to be liked. There's some sort of feedback loop in there or w/e. Certainly a part of it could be read as how I would act as a wolf/3rd party facing the first bit of serious heat they've gotten all game, panicking, and not dealing with it well. I'm just behaving like I'm in a LyLo situation, deep down because I want that to be true.

I can link a game where I wrote something exactly like this. I think you called it a 'legendary scum game' by me where I had everybody fooled and a great time was had by me. I think you remember the one I'm talking about. But this time I'm TP. ;)

1 minute ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

How does AV factor into this and why would he choose Virt?

Why any mafia for that matter choose a player who never showed up? I don't mind tinfoiling right now, but that seems like a pretty big stretch.

I'm not saying Virt was converted. I'm saying Virt was alive when the conversion took place. I think we're on a different page right now. I thought you were implying the mafia couldn't have converted anyone because they were dead when the conversion took place. 

Just now, Beluga Whale said:

I'm not saying Virt was converted. I'm saying Virt was alive when the conversion took place. I think we're on a different page right now. I thought you were implying the mafia couldn't have converted anyone because they were dead when the conversion took place. 

I guess I'm confused now.

Are you saying Virt was alive and did the conversion, or because Virt was alive, a conversion took place?

I guess I'm confused now.

Are you saying Virt was alive and did the conversion, or because Virt was alive, a conversion took place?

I think I had a brain malfunction and completely misunderstood your post because we're so far away from what makes sense. 

let's go back:

12 minutes ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

No. We have 2 villagers, 1 3P, 1 mafia.

We haven't seen anyone flip mafia/3P since Virt died and someone's allegiance has definitely changed. Logically, 1 mafia had to be alive for the conversion to take place. But falcon, milk, and Stamkos just died in various ways and none of them were 3P or mafia.

There can't be 2 mafia alive right now...otherwise the game is over. So...that leaves only 1 possible alternative.

What does the bolded statement mean? Because 1 mafia was alive when the conversion took place. 

And why can't we have 2 mafia? What if there's two mafia, and 1 3p?

1 minute ago, 112 said:

I believed you, my dear friend. If I go to the gallows, so too will my name be vindicated; and I will be remembered as one who gave valiantly their efforts in this game of wit,

Yeah. I can see how that might be scummy. I was trying to be serious for the first half and kind of got to jesting by the end of it. I don't know why but I love to be facetious on here. Feel it's my personality somewhat, or maybe I want it to be, and I'm constantly trying to live up to something because you guys are a great group of game buddies and I want to be liked. There's some sort of feedback loop in there or w/e. Certainly a part of it could be read as how I would act as a wolf/3rd party facing the first bit of serious heat they've gotten all game, panicking, and not dealing with it well. I'm just behaving like I'm in a LyLo situation, deep down because I want that to be true.

I can link a game where I wrote something exactly like this. I think you called it a 'legendary scum game' by me where I had everybody fooled and a great time was had by me. I think you remember the one I'm talking about. But this time I'm TP. ;)

As in, I want the town to still be in the game, and I want the other TP(s) to know to trust me, because that's the only way we're gonna win if it's possible, even though that sounds sorta deceptive.

Would it be less scummy to go back to a few key points in the game that might support my real innocence, quote them, etc., and 'submit post' with a brief write-up? Or would that be more scummy?

I usually don't make these long posts, sure, and maybe it's more typical of me to brush things off, but if there's a chance that I'm up for lynch in a LyLo, I'm obviously going to take it very seriously when my name is seriously written by others in bold for that end. I am /rarely/ in this kind of situation as town, so I don't think there's very much room for using my meta here as an indicator.

I'm going to move onto why I think BJ is the last scum, and then go and give him a more open approach to the whole DM situation, after a short break to stop my hands from shaking.

1 minute ago, 112 said:

As in, I want the town to still be in the game, and I want the other TP(s) to know to trust me, because that's the only way we're gonna win if it's possible, even though that sounds sorta deceptive.

Would it be less scummy to go back to a few key points in the game that might support my real innocence, quote them, etc., and 'submit post' with a brief write-up? Or would that be more scummy?

I usually don't make these long posts, sure, and maybe it's more typical of me to brush things off, but if there's a chance that I'm up for lynch in a LyLo, I'm obviously going to take it very seriously when my name is seriously written by others in bold for that end. I am /rarely/ in this kind of situation as town, so I don't think there's very much room for using my meta here as an indicator.

I'm going to move onto why I think BJ is the last scum, and then go and give him a more open approach to the whole DM situation, after a short break to stop my hands from shaking.

(I'm trying to say I'll read his DM argument with sympathy to him.)

I think I had a brain malfunction and completely misunderstood your post because we're so far away from what makes sense. 

let's go back:

What does the bolded statement mean? 1.Because 1 mafia was alive when the conversion took place. 

2. And why can't we have 2 mafia? What if there's two mafia, and 1 3p?

I see what you are saying. The italicize helped. You are right, it is possible that a player was still converted to mafia since Virt was alive at the time of the conversion.

2 mafia means the game is over because the town would no longer have the numbers. With 4 players it's impossible to have 2 mafia at this point.

I see what you are saying. The italicize helped. You are right, it is possible that a player was still converted to mafia since Virt was alive at the time of the conversion.

2 mafia means the game is over because the town would no longer have the numbers. With 4 players it's impossible to have 2 mafia at this point.

If it was 2 mafia and 2 town then it's over. But the SK changes things. If there is 1 villager, 2 mafia, and 1 SK, then either scum faction can win depending on how the lynch goes. There's even a slim chance the town wins if things go perfectly. 

2 minutes ago, Beluga Whale said:

If it was 2 mafia and 2 town then it's over. But the SK changes things. If there is 1 villager, 2 mafia, and 1 SK, then either scum faction can win depending on how the lynch goes. There's even a slim chance the town wins if things go perfectly. 

By that logic, the game should be over then since the TP can no longer win. I thought mafia ends when the TP faction can longer win the game. Right? Or am I wrong?

3 minutes ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

By that logic, the game should be over then since the TP can no longer win. I thought mafia ends when the TP faction can longer win the game. Right? Or am I wrong?

No, if both the mafia and SK can win then we keep playing to decide. Also, as I said, I think there's a slim chance the town can win if we get lucky. 

Archived