The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia 2018: The year of the missing mafia

Zfetch

Just now, Blue Jay 22 said:

As KP, I had control over most of the game because I knew all the roles of players alive, and I knew the mafia/3P situation because it affected me directly.

I thought Stamkos's death would have triggered you and 112 to go after each other. I'm honestly surprised you both didn't.

Like I said, I knew with one of you or 112 being a wolf that kill had to be part of some tricksy scheme. 

Just now, Beluga Whale said:

Like I said, I knew with one of you or 112 being a wolf that kill had to be part of some tricksy scheme. 

And if you are still wondering about the jazz kill, I thought once Milk died, his faction of being mafia would be revealed, and that nobody would suspect jazz anymore since the only chance he had of beng mafia was through conversion. But obviously milk was the one converted, so that suspicion probably would have died.

11 minutes ago, Beluga Whale said:

Can we boycott DM

Lol.

Dreams do come true. 

I knew BJ was maf. Well nit right away of course. BW was in the pms. He was very constructive in his pms. Thats why i sed it was a game with in a game. Aladeen wanted him in the pms but was not happy mh involved him. I figured he wanted to know where  bw stood. The pms really took away from the original game. People were easily led. So he was tp. Bw was left in the game for safe vote. But he didnt reveal baka. I made that out. 112 was so brazen. Her outburst and antics made her tp. Her false claims did very little but raise needless suspicion on other players. That would be stoopid for her to act that way with 2 maf left in play. That made her tp. Along with her outburst to quit playing lol. BJ played on BW and 112s hate on for me. He built up their tunnel vision. I thought it was BW at first then reread all bjs comments. But the 2 tps were so blinded. Even when I was saved...i told u all at my lynching that I was TP. No reason to lie... So regardless if I played this out and spit all this out. It would not have ended any different. Right? Lol gg.

Just now, DarthMelvin said:

Lol.

Dreams do come true. 

I knew BJ was maf. Well nit right away of course. BW was in the pms. He was very constructive in his pms. Thats why i sed it was a game with in a game. Aladeen wanted him in the pms but was not happy mh involved him. I figured he wanted to know where  bw stood. The pms really took away from the original game. People were easily led. So he was tp. Bw was left in the game for safe vote. But he didnt reveal baka. I made that out. 112 was so brazen. Her outburst and antics made her tp. Her false claims did very little but raise needless suspicion on other players. That would be stoopid for her to act that way with 2 maf left in play. That made her tp. Along with her outburst to quit playing lol. BJ played on BW and 112s hate on for me. He built up their tunnel vision. I thought it was BW at first then reread all bjs comments. But the 2 tps were so blinded. Even when I was saved...i told u all at my lynching that I was TP. No reason to lie... So regardless if I played this out and spit all this out. It would not have ended any different. Right? Lol gg.

SAY THIS DURING THE &^@#ING GAME

I DIDN'T WANT TO LYNCH YOU

DUMA55

I won't sign up for any game that DM is in, even though he was a huge reason I just won. I have seen him undermine his team as TP too many times. His conduct this game was unacceptable towards 112.

And he won't be able to respond to me because I'm putting him on the ignore list right after I hit Submit Reply. B)

I feel this game taught me a lot about playing TP in LyLo (or I really hope it did). There were definitely things I thought were up, especially with BJ, but I didn't press them into my mind enough to discard the DM assumption and pursue BJ as mafia.

For the most part I knew BW was town. At the end there, when he wasn't sure of my innocence and placed serious votes on me, I got suspicious of him all of a sudden because I did not think he would actually read me as scum in that situation and decided to poke him back to see how he would react. This makes sense in light of reading BW's perception of the DM situation (mafia bait), but I probably should have seen more into the DM situation and tried to convince BW to stay on BJ instead of saying 'oh well, let's just hope it's Melvin.'

Either way, again, props to the scum team and BJ in particular--they absolutely deserved the win.

8 minutes ago, 112 said:

I feel this game taught me a lot about playing TP in LyLo (or I really hope it did). There were definitely things I thought were up, especially with BJ, but I didn't press them into my mind enough to discard the DM assumption and pursue BJ as mafia.

For the most part I knew BW was town. At the end there, when he wasn't sure of my innocence and placed serious votes on me, I got suspicious of him all of a sudden because I did not think he would actually read me as scum in that situation and decided to poke him back to see how he would react. This makes sense in light of reading BW's perception of the DM situation (mafia bait), but I probably should have seen more into the DM situation and tried to convince BW to stay on BJ instead of saying 'oh well, let's just hope it's Melvin.'

Either way, again, props to the scum team and BJ in particular--they absolutely deserved the win.

Our glorious game long mind-meld died at the end. And we both didn't play the ending optimally. Tragic really. 

Tbh, both sides deserved something.

I said it in the DPS but that was probably one of the best scum hunting performances I've seen from two members.  To not only form a strong alliance so quickly but to take out a strong Aladeen and a decent feller in AV B) .

The reality is that one member decided to pull Sergei Kostitsyn and just give up on the play. That was the difference, unfortunately.

Hopefully, we can get another high-quality game like this one was.

4 minutes ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

I won't sign up for any game that DM is in, even though he was a huge reason I just won. I have seen him undermine his team as TP too many times. His conduct this game was unacceptable towards 112.

And he won't be able to respond to me because I'm putting him on the ignore list right after I hit Submit Reply. B)

In fairness, I got rude with him as well.

I think he was reading too much tone into my posts that I didn't think was there, and then I got a little antagonistic toward him when he insulted me.

With that said: I really feel like he did sort of gamethrow for us. He absolutely could have made that post during the game and I could see myself believing him.

Game MVP: BJ

Turning Points: Virtanen's inactivity, MH's 2 round run as mafia

Luckiest Play: Mafia team shooting two specials in a row with no real suspicions.

Best duo: 112 and BW

Cutest Couple: BJ and MH(look back when they were interacting with each other, the dialogue was so cute and fake)

Coolest quirk: Posting mechanic for Vanilla TP vote to count

Highlights: Post count, Round 6.

Just now, 112 said:

In fairness, I got rude with him as well.

I think he was reading too much tone into my posts that I didn't think was there, and then I got a little antagonistic toward him when he insulted me.

With that said: I really feel like he did sort of gamethrow for us. He absolutely could have made that post during the game and I could see myself believing him.

Well it's too late, I've already blocked him. 

I should have done it a long time ago. I used to be the one he would troll, but then one of us grew up. He's been trollish in the past for his team, but I have never seen him openly mock his teammates before and be as difficult as much as possible. The questioning and responses with BW were absolutely absurd in round 3. I have no respect for him at all after his latest performance, and I don't want to be part of any game that he is involved with anymore because he only thinks about himself.

Archived