The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Floyd Mayweather continues to dominate

*Buzzsaw*

He's not showing any signs of rust.

It didn't take long for Floyd Mayweather to dispose of Tenshin Nasukawa, the top ranked Japanese MMA fighter who is undefeated in MMA and Kickboxing... but who clearly over-estimated his capabilities in the Boxing ring.

The exhibition bout lasted only 3 minutes, and from what I saw, the 41 year old Mayweather clearly would have knocked the 20 year old out if the bout had continued.  He was tottering around like a man in a daze.

Nowhere near the contest Connor McGregor gave Floyd.

Floyd may be a bit of a Jerk, but he sure can fight... still as precise and deadly as ever.

He didn’t even train for this kid. I feel bad for the young guy, hopefully he rebounds and continues to have a solid career in his sport. 

Only way he comes out of retirement is if someone throws another 300mill at him. He beat a young Canelo and Pacman so decisively theirs really no big fight left for him.

15 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

that wasn't a fight, that was a scam. 

the exaggerated knockdowns was worse than WWE acting. 

Doesn't look exagerrated to me... looks like 50-0 legend demolishing a kid who was foolish enough to think he could box.

4 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Doesn't look exagerrated to me... looks like 50-0 legend demolishing a kid who was foolish enough to think he could box.

this was a fixed fight from the day it was announced. 

I watch a lot of boxing and combat sports in general. I've never seen someone go down and starts flopping around like a fish out of water from a grazing punch that didnt even connect. at 13:54 in the video and the rest of the "knockdowns".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KABY19dOag

Floyd was never known for his punching power, especially at this stage of his career. The Japanese guy is suppose to be a professional kick boxer, they take punches and kicks to the head. There's no way a grazing shot should knock him down and flop on the canvass. 

1 hour ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

He's not showing any signs of rust.

It didn't take long for Floyd Mayweather to dispose of Tenshin Nasukawa, the top ranked Japanese MMA fighter who is undefeated in MMA and Kickboxing... but who clearly over-estimated his capabilities in the Boxing ring.

The exhibition bout lasted only 3 minutes, and from what I saw, the 41 year old Mayweather clearly would have knocked the 20 year old out if the bout had continued.  He was tottering around like a man in a daze.

Nowhere near the contest Connor McGregor gave Floyd.

Floyd may be a bit of a Jerk, but he sure can fight... still as precise and deadly as ever.

Lol 

Connor didn't give Floyd a contest at all.  

Both of the fights were a joke.  Suckers are the viewers that paid money or spent their time on these fights.  

There is nothing competitive about putting an MMA fighter in a boxing ring.  

Did you see what happened when top boxers got put in the MMA cage?  They got dominated.  

Nobody goes 50-0 against the best boxers of his time without punching power.

And against some kid who doesn't know how to protect himself it doesn't take a killer punch.

Kid was completely outclassed in the science of boxing.

Maybe he'd win a matchup if he could kickbox... but that was not the agreed upon set of rules.

Mayweather has shown he can hit anyone and a lot... and if some fool and his promoter is willing to guarantee him $9 mil to fight 3 rounds, he'll take the MONEY and laugh.

2 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Lol 

Connor didn't give Floyd a contest at all.  

Both of the fights were a joke.  Suckers are the viewers that paid money or spent their time on these fights.  

There is nothing competitive about putting an MMA fighter in a boxing ring.  

Did you see what happened when top boxers got put in the MMA cage?  They got dominated.  

It was Connor who wanted the BOXING fight... he thought he was gonna dominate an old man and show what a stud he was...

Too bad it didn't turn out that way.

Go to 33:30 and watch the old man vs the stud.

@*Buzzsaw* I watched the fight when it happened.  

Connor didn't want the boxing fight, Connor wanted the money.  

Here, you don't have to fast forward 33 minutes, the entire fight is one minute long.  

Randy Couture demolishing a 3 time world champion James Toney in MMA. Again, just shows that Toney was desperate to get some money at that point in his career.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adOpTYjjedE

1 minute ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Here, you don't have to fast forward 33 minutes, the entire fight is one minute long.  

Randy Couture demolishing a 3 time world champion James Toney in MMA. Again, just shows that Toney was desperate to get some money at that point in his career.  

Hahah “Lights Out” James Toney, I remember him getting mauled by Couture. 

Just now, VancouverHabitant said:

James Toney couldn't do Mayweather's laundry.

Like I said, I think Mayweather is a jerk, but as a boxer, there are very few who are comparable.

Useless to speculate about whether he would win with MMA rules... cause at his age he won't open himself up to the injuries that could happen.

But personally, at his peak, I think Mayweather would give any comparable MMA fighter a handfull.

Certainly for endurance and fitness, at 40 he showed he was way over what most MMA fighters approach.  McGregor was gassed after 5 rounds.

Mayweather:  Ya, I'll fight your boy.  Kickboxer right?

Tenshin:  yes

Mayweather:  Ya I'll fight him for sure

Tension:  Great

Mayweather:  Oh...but he can't kick and has to fight as per North American boxing rules.

Tenshin:  Oh...umm...k?

You know I hear this debate between who is more dangerous... MMA fighter or Boxer.

And obviously it is clear the more tools a fighter can call on, the more effective he will be.

So yes, an MMA fighter at level 10 using his tools beats a Boxer at level 10 using his tools.

But an athlete is an athlete... and any boxer who was planning on fighting in the Octagon would train for that format.  Most MMA fighters get boxing training... or are former boxers.  (or failed boxers)

At his peak of 27-30 years of age, Mayweather, trained in MMA, would probably be capable of taking on any MMA in his class.

He was and is, (not as good at 41 as he was at 27) an exceptional athlete.

That's what the MMAers always miss when they start making the comparison, a superior athlete will find a way to train and win.

By the way, the greatest boxer of all times... Sugar Ray Robinson, would probably give any MMA fighter a handful, even if he didn't train in MMA.  He was so fast, and hit so hard, the typical MMAer with their low hands positioning and poor defense would be extremely vulnerable to his incredible speed and power.

Just a little video of Robinson's speed and power:

10 hours ago, Trebreh said:

why are you face palming? 

tell me im wrong? 

He came up a knockout guy. As he went up in weight class, his knockout power decreased but had enough sting to make him an elite counterpuncher. 

Archived