Sign in to follow this  
Roberts

[GDT] Canucks @ Senators | January 2nd, 4:00pm PT | SNP, SN360

Rate this topic

Vancouver Canucks @ Ottawa Senators  

119 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4-2 Canucks with goals from 

EP40

BB6 x2

JV 

Paajarvi (old Timrå guy) 

Stone

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mll said:

They are talking between 8 to 9M with Duchene.  Stone is going to get more.  Skinner is asking 9.5M.  Panarin wants upwards of 10M.  Stone's agent is expected to meet with Dorion in the next two weeks to start contract negotiations.

Wow prices have sure gone up!  Horvat is looking more like a good deal with every passing year but I suppose that’s what happens when the cap goes up.  At this rate our guys will also get hefty paydays, I just hope that second contracts aren’t affected by this too much.  Stone is worth it I supposr but I’d stay away from Duchene at that price.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Greenman Wannabe said:

Hoping that the Canucks dont make the Sens 3/4 string goalie look like a hall of famer and our boys win the game on my birthday.

Go Canucks Go

Happy birthday :towel:

Let's get this dub!

3-1 Canucks.

Boeser with 1

Horvat with 1

Roussel with 1

VAN - 5

OTT - 2

Hutton scores in front of family and friends

Pettersson (1)

Boeser (2)

Motte (1)

Rookie goalie Hogberg in net - this will be his 3rd NHL game.  

8 minutes ago, mll said:

Let’s light em up boys!

Seriously hope they do and get their condfidence up after that hot goalie in NJ.  

11 hours ago, Toyotasfan said:

Schaller , Schaller ? Anyone?

96D0BEDA-8BB0-43C3-8660-E826477564A9.jpeg

B190DFCC-57A3-4172-8751-DBFEE14E03BE.gif

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, mll said:

Sens watched the tapes of the Canucks last game vs the Devils, and are desperately hoping that their rookie goalie has the Blackwood effect on us. 

Wrong move Sens, wrong move! ;)

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

I hope Nils and Archie are in tonight!  Archie is 3 hour drive to Ottawa.  Good luck to the Mayor of Utica. 

Edited by hobart16
  • Hydration 1

5 minutes ago, hobart16 said:

I hope Nils and Archie are in tonight!  Archie is 3 hour drive to Ottawa.  Good luck to the Mayor of Utica. 

Archibald is staying in the AHL - he has been assigned to the Belleville Senators.

2 minutes ago, mll said:

Archibald is staying in the AHL - he has been assigned to the Belleville Senators.

isn't Joe Labate up there too?  Couple of guys who are willing to throw em.  

56 minutes ago, mll said:

giphy.gif

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, nuck-lifer said:

Agreed, he doesn't think the game yet like a top 6 player. Right now he 's a strong north south player that needs to think less and let his tools do the talking like his high end speed, winning most boards battles and pissing off the other team. 

He should be sitting on the third line, especially when Sutter's back.  Right now Granlund , and Roussel would accompany him well IMO,

He will feel he's match up with similar skill and can add muscle and speed to the line. This usually gives him added confidence which seems to affect him more than most on the team.

Once he understands his role better and can transition quicker, he can rejoin the top 6 for another shot.

Let Horvat work with Eriksson and Goldy/ Leivo.

Agree with your comments.  I think Roussel - Sutter - Virtanen would be an exceptional 3rd line.

2 hours ago, mll said:

Then why play him with Baertschi and not Horvat who plays a much more straightforward game which seems better suited for him.  Before his concussion Baer was saying it's fun to play with Virtanen - but to me they are just so different players and I am not sure it brings out the best of both.

Baer-Rattie were tied to the hip in Portland under Green.  Baer always said that what he liked the most was Rattie's high IQ and that he could make the play knowing that Rattie will be there.  They were so good at anticipating what the other was going to do.  Also when Virtanen was in Utica and replaced by Burrows, Baer was asked about the difference between Burrows vs Virtanen on the line with Horvat and answered that it allows them to create more off the cycle vs playing in straight lines.  Burrows said that Hansen instead of Baer (injured) was all north-south because Baer is creative and prefers to make plays.    

Yeah, Baer and Virt are not a good matchup.   I like Baer - Horvat - Eriksson or Baer - EP - Boes  

I like Eriksson with Horvat and his hockey sense would supporst Baer's creativity. 

Baer reads the play well enough to be a good fit on EPs line as well.

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

Ok it's a New Year I guess I'll care again :lol:

For people who don't understand, it's a run off from my PGT post from last game.

5 hours ago, mll said:

They are talking between 8 to 9M with Duchene.  Stone is going to get more.  Skinner is asking 9.5M.  Panarin wants upwards of 10M.  Stone's agent is expected to meet with Dorion in the next two weeks to start contract negotiations.

Stone is worth every penny of 9M. That dude has won me so many fantasy pools because he's still underrated despite being a stud every single year.

I was really hoping he wasn't going to sign in Ottawa.

• Hydration 1

5 minutes ago, mephnick said:

Stone is worth every penny of 9M. That dude has won me so many fantasy pools because he's still underrated despite being a stud every single year.

I was really hoping he wasn't going to sign in Ottawa.

Playing in a tire fire, small Canadian market will keep you a bit under the radar.

44 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Agree with your comments.  I think Roussel - Sutter - Virtanen would be an exceptional 3rd line.

Yeah, Baer and Virt are not a good matchup.   I like Baer - Horvat - Eriksson or Baer - EP - Boes  

I like Eriksson with Horvat and his hockey sense would supporst Baer's creativity. 

Baer reads the play well enough to be a good fit on EPs line as well.

I like Baer, EP, Boes personally. Eriksson and Virtanen with Horvat.

Baer, EP, Boes

Eriksson, Horvat, Virtanen

Roussel, Sutter, Granlund/Leivo

Leivo/Granlund, Beagle, Motte

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I like Baer, EP, Boes personally. Eriksson and Virtanen with Horvat.

Baer, EP, Boes

Eriksson, Horvat, Virtanen

Roussel, Sutter, Granlund/Leivo

Leivo/Granlund, Beagle, Motte

Green likes

xxx - Horvat - xxx

xxx - EP - xxx

xxx - Sutter - xxx

xxx- Beagle - xxx

• Upvote 1