Sign in to follow this  
VanGnome

Playoffs, could it happen?

Rate this topic

Just remember the game Canucks loss to Golden Knights a few games back......I much rather have a top 10 draft pick then 4 games like that Golden Knights game.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Salacious Crumb said:

Not going to happen. At 100-1 odds give your head a shake. We finish 27th to 23rd. 

0.9% chance of making the playoffs baby

things could go very well for the canucks this week,

3 wins against the sens, cgy & cbj, followed by 3 straight losses by the yotes and by the wild, and this team could be going to sleep sunday tied with ARI with the same GP. incredible how bad the west is this year.

14 hours ago, FijianCanuck said:

0.9% chance of making the playoffs baby

So you’re saying there’s a chance :bigblush:

• Hydration 1

Posted (edited)

It would be quite the storybook run, I'd be down to see it.

Edited by The 5th Line
  • Hydration 1

We came very close to throwing away a 5-0 lead against Ottawa. Playoffs would be a bloodbath.

• Upvote 1

On the face of it, just 4 points out as of tonight, it looks like they have a chance but I can't see any way they get in.

If any one of Ari, Min, Col, or Chi play a game or two above .500 the rest of the way (basically a certainty), the lowest the bar will be is around 87 points. I personally think 89-91 is more realistic. So the Canucks would need to finish like 7-0-1 to have a shot. It's great that they're still playing meaningful games and I really like that they haven't quit but it's just too many points to make up. Still, I'll be watching on Saturday hoping they can keep the dream alive for another day. 

• Hydration 1

We practically have to win 6 or 7 out of the last 8 games, and we're playing top teams and bottom teams several times. 

It's possible but unlikely. I think we'll sadly finish 2 or 3 pts short.

On the plus side, this is what management wanted - the Canucks to be playing meaningful games in March.

• Hydration 1

Posted (edited)

Looking at the schedule, we have 5 games in March. 2 x soft, 2 x hard, 1 x middling (....but all at home ). In April we're playing all 3 games against playoff bound teams who will be keen to get their 'playoff mode' up and running ! Don't see a post season happening in Van City !

Edit: Also believe that JB wants to get a look-see at a couple of rookies. This may weaken our defensive game.

Edited by SingleThorn
  • Hydration 1

I hear what your saying . But we already have a weaken defense with Hutton and Tanav on the selve. You might as well take a look at some of the rookies.

43 minutes ago, Virtanen#18 said:

As it stands...  just 4 points behind and the Coyotes have one game in hand.... sure, why not??

Not gonna happen. 4 teams all in the race, all 4 need to lose and we have to win. We'll come within 2 or 3 points but fall short. 

• Hydration 1

All the teams in the playoff hunt seem to have a similar difficulty of opponents for the rest of the season. The only advantage the Canucks have is that the majority of the games remaining are at home, Edler is healthy and the players are all hitting top form and we're on a 3 game winning streak.

Anything is possible, especially if we continue to ride this current momentum. The Blues put together a monstrous point streak and aren't even in the conversation anymore. 

Realistically though the only way we make it in is if most of the other teams continue to hover around the 0.500 mark and we practically win out, or win at least 6 or 7 of the last 8 games.

If we only win 6 games, the other teams have to pretty much do worse than 0.500 for the rest of the season, if we win 7 or 8 then we have a tiny bit of leeway but not a whole lot.

Odds are against us but I think the next Sharks game will decide the season and we'll only just miss out...

Posted (edited)

We need Florida to win against the Yotes. 

We also need Blackhawks to lose against the Flyers.

And as for tomorrow we need Washington to cream Minnesota.

We also need Colorado to lose against Dallas

Lets hope all of that happens today.

Edited by Odd.
  • Hydration 1

1 hour ago, Odd. said:

If everything goes right for the canucks, by end of sunday, we will be tied for ARI for WC2, with same

games played

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Odd. said:

Hawks and yotes lose, avs win.  Pretty decent night.  Now avs and yotes tied with a outsude possibility of Dallas falling off a cliff.

4 minutes ago, Rindiculous said:

Hawks and yotes lose, avs win.  Pretty decent night.  Now avs and yotes tied with a outsude possibility of Dallas falling off a cliff.

Best case scenario Dallas and Yotes fall and us and Colorado take the wild cards.

I seriously don't want Avs bumming out again and then getting potentially 2 lotteries.

• Hydration 1