Sign in to follow this  
-Vintage Canuck-

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Montreal Canadiens | Jan. 03, 2019

Rate this topic

4 minutes ago, Deemusalami said:

I think everyone is overreacting to this. I know it’s the beloved Pettersson... but I really don’t think he meant to hurt him.  

No but he did take him down from behind.  What is more did you see the late hit on EP last night?  - Burke did and said the nucks needed to respond they didn't.  See a pattern here?

• Like 1

Just now, Dannydog said:

Its regular season games not the play-offs.A game that really doesnt mean alot to either team so i highly doubt anyone targeted  anyone

Did you see the hit behind the net?  It's obvious this guy "came back" at EP.  That's...targeted.  The puck is supposed to be what's in pursuit...he wasn't interested in where the puck was.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

I'm scurred he might beat me up now :lol:

Don't come down here with your anger. Trying to prove something to yourself.......

• Hydration 1

4 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

How anyone can say this was accidental is amazing.

Pettersson beat this idiot on the board battle, got the puck up and so the idiot who looked bad decided he would get a cheapshot in by skating after him and hooking him down.

It is all on this idiot kid and the injury is his responsibility.

We need Tryamkin.

exactly what happened with Matheson as well...the team need to wake up and take note that Pettersson isn't one of your best players, he is your best player by a large margin...need to protect him. Teams will continue to target him when he makes them look bad.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Elias_Pettersson said:

People should start making a “teams too soft” chant next home game. Pettersson’s gonna be out of the league before he hits his prime the way things are going.... A concussion and maybe a serious knee injury in half a season and no response for either. Kid has the potential to be the best player in the game with McDavid...

ok who is going to the next home game and wants to take this up?

I'll join in from my chair in front of my TV

• Hydration 1

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

No, I'll engage in a proper debate anytime but I’ll also call out your whining when I feel like it. It was a 2 minute penalty at best. Nothing more and Petey is travelling to Toronto so overreacting over nothing. 

I too will be willing to engage in a respectful debate but starting a post the way you did was looking for a fight 

the issue is not that he is ok or not ok. The issue is he is a small guy that teams will try to takeout of a game. Specially if we are in a 7 game series. We need to show we won’t accept attempts to do so. 

We need to be known as a team that responds and is not soft 

thas my opinion and if EP was my kid or if I was the team owner I would be pissed with what happened tonight and with what happened with Matheson

The proposal sub forum should be active with lots of trade ideas after tonight.

:P

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, oldnews said:

you're confusing "accidental" with intentional.

of course the hook was intentional

was it with the intent to injure?

the injury is the accident.

The mind fking boggling thing about it is how an idiot in stripes can stand 20ft away watching that play and not even see an obstruction, a hook or a gd thing,

I'd be shocked - but it's L'Ecuyer after all - one of many of the NHL's incompetent trolls with whistles.

L'Ecuyer you say?

hqdefault.jpg

MONTREAL TYPICAL!!

• Hydration 1

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Just admit it Erik, you were scared of big mean Shea. 

I'd rather the team go on a 7 minute penalty kill and show some solidarity than that mealy mouth excuse. Jesus, man. 

Yeah I don't even want to hear them talk at this point.    Somehow it undermines the whole "team" and "battle" deal here.  They lost anyhow.  So it's not like they went out there and played for a win.  Adds insult to injury.  Literally.

Show this kid he's valued.  There should be an emotional response...without him, you're nothing special Guddy.  I saw him with Dors (& Gino) at the Ice Guardians deal...what a laugh that is now.  Talking about how important it is to protect players.    Back it up.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

anyone hear Gudbranson's post interview? used the score as an excuse to why he didn't get in Cockaniemi's face :picard:

Just now, debluvscanucks said:

Did you see the hit behind the net?  It's obvious this guy "came back" at EP.  That's...targeted.  The puck is supposed to be what's in pursuit...he wasn't interested in where the puck was.

I understand that and agree they were jousting with each other but he did not intentionally try to hurt ellias. thats why i messaged my thoughts on "targeting" .Alot of high emotions right now , to bad our team never showed any during the game.

2 minutes ago, lmm said:

ok who is going to the next home game and wants to take this up?

I'll join in from my chair in front of my TV

I won't turn on the team.  Even if I'm so terribly po'd at them right now.

I'd rather throw rocks at the other team.

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Just admit it Erik, you were scared of big mean Shea. 

I'd rather the team go on a 7 minute penalty kill and show some solidarity than that mealy mouth excuse. Jesus, man. 

Our "enforcer" sure did a good job of reinforcing the fact that, when push comes to shove, he's as soft as a kitten wrapped in marshmallows.

Green told the guys not to retaliate because the game was close.......pretty simple. The posters saying that is acceptable and an accident are baiting you. That was a hook and a dirty play....period. Playing hockey at any level you know this play. If you havent played hockey you can still probably see the way you can hook someone with your stick, draw them in and twist your leg to make their legs go into postions they probably shouldnt be in. Its leverage.......and all the cream puffs claiming this was an accident are full of it. 

I dont believe he knew what the outcome would be but he knew that it would cause pain regardless. That was his MO.......I wont get into the level or who I played with. Anyone who claims anything different is lying. I lnow where to twist my stick, leverage my legs and blow out knees. Comtois did that in the Canada vs Finland game and as much as I wanted Canada to win I was not impressed with him using his leg against the boards on the Finnish player. Two different plays but purposeful. 

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Here's what Guddy said about the hit

Trying to kill off a 7 minute power-play for standing up for your all-star who has been the reason for lighting up the scoreboard on most nights...that’s what a TEAM does Guddy.

Seriously, this team’s coaching staff needs to realise that in this rebuild year...they need to preach TEAM, TEAMWORK, TEAMMATES. If the focus is on making the playoffs, this rebuild will not be all that successful. So let the boys loose when they feel the need to be a goon if it means standing up for their TEAMMATE! 

Time to give Roussel a louder voice in the room, and get Sutter to zip it. 

Edited by Cluminati*
  • Upvote 4

I think st done point the canucks need to send a message to the league to not F with their stars. IMO schaller is supposed to do this and this sort of thing If done properly can be very effective, a rallying call to the team, can bring the team together, make skill guys feel protected, send league a message and can be a turning point to the season. Just don’t do it how Bertuzzi did it.

Accident or not, the non reaction was a effing embarrassment, this is probably the best player we've ever had in a Canucks uniform, if someone sneezes towards him, they should slash the ankles, this shouldn't be some discussion or debate, it should be automatic. WTF!

• Like 1
  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1