WalkWithElias40

*UPDATE* Elias Pettersson Has Slight MCL Sprain

Rate this topic

7 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

So.....how's Elias' knee doing?

Oh yeah, I thought this thread was about Don's comments lol !

Speaking as someone with a history of lingering knee problems... this is a great update. Petey will bounce back from this like nothing happened is my expectation. At least a couple weeks off to play it safe is my guess

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, The Lock said:

I don't agree with you. I think people should be able to decide for themselves who to respect and not have some random person on a forum decide for them.

Sure they can and they will decide for themselves.. .it doesn't mean we can't argue our points.  Why don't you call them out for not respecting" my decision?  We are debating, on a forum

And you are harping on respect but yet you conveniently skipped over Moneypucks comment 

Edited by The 5th Line

1 hour ago, The Lock said:

Because I care that you are not respecting others' opinions. There's a difference. I respect that you respect him. You clearly don't respect that other people don't respect him. Get it? If you don't respect others then don't expect to get that respect back.

I don’t respect you saying he can get away with what he is saying because he’s a 80 year old man.   

54 minutes ago, The 5th Line said:

Sure they can and they will decide for themselves.. .it doesn't mean we can't argue our points.  Why don't you call them out for not respecting" my decision?  We are debating, on a forum

And you are harping on respect but yet you conveniently skipped over Moneypucks comment "all DC suckers can take a hike*

That was overboard. My bad.  Feel free to report and I am willing to take whatever punishment.  I was a little upset because no matter what reasonable thing we where saying seems to automatically get a confused face by cherry supporters which is also unfair.  

OK, let's get back to discussion about EP and his knee now please/thanks.

We'll just call it a draw and respect each other's differing opinions.

Thank you.

Personally, I'm glad they're going to give EP proper time to rest/heal.  No cutting corners.  

• Like 1
  • Hydration 3

9 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

So EP was placed on IR today, if anybody here cares.

Whoever doesn't care should be vanished...and that is something we can all agree on

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Well at least we know he is pretty darn flexible, sheesh the way his leg bent I was sure that was gonna be a MCL tear. 

13 minutes ago, Boone Jenner said:

Well at least we know he is pretty darn flexible, sheesh the way his leg bent I was sure that was gonna be a MCL tear. 

Hyperflexion saved the day.  Would have probably been way worse with a hyper extension injury

• Upvote 1

I'm hoping to see him back in the lineup vs. Florida but I think against Edmonton is the most likely scenario.

i heard its was 3 weeks now, anyone confirm?

14 hours ago, IBatch said:

From the overview where I was sitting it looked like Kbyemeavowel was trying to hook him in the groin area, he felt this and turned and they got wrapped around and his legs were purposely rolled which wasn’t necessary to get back up again.  Watching him writhing on the ice with Hutton just staring at them and doing nothing was painful.  EP didn’t cause his own injury, maybe it was  accidental maybe there was some intent despite publicly saying otherwise (he did just tell the world he hated Swedes did he not?) but definitely the contact was made by Khoweveryouspellhisnamemothetf:)ker.

I think you're over thinking it.

10 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

He wouldn't have pushed back if he hadn't been hooked.  You didn't go back far enough and that's what irked me about Don's comment.  This wasn't Petey's fault...he shouldn't have been hooked which, btw, is an infraction in this game.  Which sort of hints at who was right/wrong here.  The guy looking for trouble was likely the one following/pursuing and hooking away from the play, not the one reacting to it. 

Exactly.  Petey's a fierce competitor and to expect him to change?   He's a budding superstar and I think these no name wannabes are the ones who need to change if anyone.  I mean, who do you think generates more interest in this league?   A guy who hooks and hauls down or someone of Petey's caliber?   I don't want him changing to adapt to others.  It could have him overthinking things and impact the quality of play we're seeing from him.  

The point is Deb he needs to add some muscle if he wants to play that way. The play itself, not much to say, happens all the time. He wasn't "hauled down", it was his attempting to stop up and push back that caused him to tangle and go down. It was an awkward accident, nothing more.

Btw, I said earlier that I was glad he had that in him. Just that he should add some muscle if he wants to play that way. At his weight he won't win many of those push backs at this level the way Jake does.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Blackberries said:

Doesnt IR mean long term ?

IR just means you can call up another player without exceeding the roster limit. LTIR is what carries a minimum number of games a player will miss. A player must be on LTIR to get the benefit of exceeding the cap by the players salary. We're so far below the cap limit it would made no difference here.

6 hours ago, Baggins said:

I think you're over thinking it.

Maybe I’m over feeling it and that’s ok, we can all feel how we want about this.  I’m definitely pissed that this happened the first game I could see him live, and for a period and a bit the grin probably never left my face, watching him come in on Price was great (they had some luck on their side that game, some real close calls, as well as some real good saves).  Time to move on I suppose.