xereau

[GDT] Nucks at Leafs 4pm PST Sat Jan 5 2019

Rate this topic

Just what I heard on NHL radio. MRI just precautionary!

• Like 1

Our rag-tag bunch last year only allowed 3 goals against the Leafs in total (most of that due to superb goaltending) but if we can somehow find a way to clog up the neutral zone and shut their offense down, we may have a chance to win this. Plus, they have a middling defensive game and they have both their main goalies injured.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, cory40 said:

Elias may play. He is a game day decision. Depends on the MRI.

Do you have a source for this?

Or are you latched on to the same hope that I am?

Leafs Twitter has a game show called "Guess That Leaf Mouth"

Yup, center of the hockey world alright. When people wonder why they distrust the media the Laffers are a case in point. The presstitutes chirp out whatever gets them their next paycheck. Simple as that. It exists in Van as well but they have more trouble making it work.

The Laffers have a good team with lots of forward talent. They fall down on the d-side and with Nielson out their goal tending. If nothing else this year the Canucks have shown a far stronger forecheck and a better defense. Marky has been great. Leivo and EP40 out which is too bad. With Sutter back the Canuck center FO% has improved dramatically. That drives puck possession which increases offense but also helps the d-core big time. Can the Canucks control the neutral zone as well as they did against the Jets? If they can they can beat the Laffers.   

I can't wait to watch Kadri take sheap runs and shots at our small players with immunity from the Refs and the Nucks. Because the chance at 2 points is more important than sending a message that your young star players will be protected. Perhaps he does me a favour and starts with Sutter. 

Been hating the Leafs for a long time now.  Can't stand Kadri.   I wonder how many days the post game commentary on CBC will go on for? 

GO CANUCKS GO

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Canorth said:

Do you have a source for this?

Or are you latched on to the same hope that I am?

The selfish me hopes...the concerned me hopes me doesn't.  I don't even want him in the all star game.   I want him fully healed and not to have any setbacks.  I'm thinking long term with this kid and don't want anything pushed or rushed.  We've had some incidents of that in the past and it's a matter of doing more harm than good.

Precautionary.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

I see.. Boes on third line? Strange.

1 minute ago, TU90 said:

To be fair, I would bet both of those middle lines see about the same amount of ice time.

We have like three marginally okay lines and a fourth line without Pettersson here lol

Just now, TU90 said:

I actually wouldn't mind seeing the Killer B's aka Boeser Business Bureau line together. 

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 2