The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Toronto Maple Leafs | Jan. 05, 2019

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

But juggling the lines that were producing has changed the chemistry and dynamics.  They look like they have no idea what their teammates are doing. 

I really think it has a lot more to do with Pettersson being out than anything else. You can't tell me that our top 6 would be better off without Baer than with him, especially considering how weak we are on the left side.

2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Sign Mark Stone in the offseason. 

Juolevi and Hughes make the team. College D free agent and veteran signing too. 

Its possible. 

stone would be ideal

but 7 years at around 9 million if he even hits ufa

who are you prepared to not sign in future ?
cuz he'll take a major cap bite

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Its possible. 

I wonder if the team considering bringing Hughes in after the juniors was an admission that Pouliot is a failed experiment?

1 minute ago, Slegr said:

This team has too much Goldobin, too much Eriksson, too much Baertschi, and too much Poo. 

Personally I think Baer is ok.

The others are AHL players. Goldy is softer than hot butter. Eriksson does the small things and nothing else. Poo is...well....poo.  Rent a three seat rocket from russia and send the 3 to mars.

18 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

I personally do not want jack hughes. We do not need another tiny little speedy guy.  If the world ended and the Canucks somehow won the draft lottery I hope they take Kakko.

Edit: not sure why that 'reveal hidden comments' box showed up. Nothing is in there.

Reveal hidden contents

I clicked it anyways... :p

2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Its possible. 

I would love getting Stone. We would instantly have 2 good scoring lines. I do agree it is possible but JB will need to be aggressive and not make any other boner signings like Loui.

1 minute ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I really think it has a lot more to do with Pettersson being out than anything else. You can't tell me that our top 6 would be better off without Baer than with him, especially considering how weak we are on the left side.

The offense dried up before Petey went down but at the same time Baertschi returned.  Baer is streaky and often plays on the perimeter.

7 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Alright. Now that we know at least this will help the team get a higher pick this coming draft.  One more lottery pick for this team...hopefully anyway.

Edit: I mean hopefully ONLY one more before we have a decent team.

1 minute ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

I wonder if the team considering bringing Hughes in after the juniors was an admission that Pouliot is a failed experiment?

oh for sure, and a way of letting the kid know if he wants a spot now its his without pressing him. 

I was really hoping Pouliot would get better, but its clear he just doesn't have the hockey IQ for the job. He can skate but man is he ever beat easily. 

Archived