The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Toronto Maple Leafs | Jan. 05, 2019

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, DIBdaQUIB said:

The offense dried up before Petey went down but at the same time Baertschi returned.  Baer is streaky and often plays on the perimeter.

perimeter? He probably has indentations of the board advertising on the backside of his uniform pants...

Just now, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"He knows. It's not a great play. I thought we had four mistakes on the first four goals. If you look at their goals there's a mistake on all of them. And this team... They'll make you pay." - Green on Pouliot's effort on the Moore goal

Not Poo's first mistake.

11 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

But juggling the lines that were producing has changed the chemistry and dynamics.  They look like they have no idea what their teammates are doing. 

There were no lines that stayed together before he returned.  Goldobin/Leivo were swapping spots.  Horvat played with just about anyone.  Green adjust his lines to the opponent.

10 minutes ago, 250Integra said:

Hey Sutter, we lost two in a row with you in the lineup.

After his ridiculous interview after the last game in which Sutter talked about the EP's injury was an opportunity for other guys and that other games would "step up" and acting like he is some sort of leader on the team Sutter goes -3 with 0 shots and 0 hits. And how does having Sutter on the PP instead of the EP look?

I don't know why Green puts him on the PP. And I have always though Sutter was over-rated.

8 minutes ago, Qwags said:

It won't matter how many forwards we have if we don't get a puck moving D-man.

Guddy either ices the puck or misses a 5 foot pass.

Yes, Guddy is the worst passer on the D. He just does not handle the puck well.  I still think he is useful as a 3rd pairing guy who provides toughness. And he is good on the PK (where icing the puck is not a problem).

7 minutes ago, 1-d said:

Just take a look at Bo's recent linemates. A $6m boat anchor and a career agitator. He wasn't given anyone whom he can produce with.

The strategy of playing Bo in a shutdown role is actually not bad, and he was not bad tonight. But with EP out of the line-up I would rather slot Horvat as the 1C on a scoring line with Boeser and Baertschi.

Just now, DIBdaQUIB said:

The offense dried up before Petey went down but at the same time Baertschi returned.  Baer is streaky and often plays on the perimeter.

True, but he has historically been able to produce at a similar rate to what Goldobin has this season, without as many defensive lapses to boot. 

Our struggles as of late really don't have much to do with Baer, especially considering that he was contributing before Petey went down. Our entire offense runs through Pettersson. Without him, our forward lines are completely neutered. 

Just now, mll said:

There were no lines that stayed together before he returned.  Goldobin/Leivo were swapping spots.  Horvat played with just about anyone.  Green adjust his lines to the opponent.

Horvat was with Roussel and Erikson I think,they were pretty good together.

Archived