The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Around the NHL | January (06-12) 2019

On 1/8/2019 at 3:23 PM, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Erik Karlsson has extended his franchise record points streak to 13 games.

Karlsson is the 15th defenceman in NHL history to record a 13-game point streak and 6th to record a 13-game assist streak.

Paul Coffey - 17 games (1985-86)
Brian Leetch - 15 (1991-92)
Bobby Orr - 14 (1970-71)
Phil Housley - 14 (1992-93)
Dennis Potvin - 13 (1983-84)
Erik Karlsson - 13 (2018-19)

He has just bested that and is now on a 14-game point streak and is just the 5th D to post at least one assist in 14 straight appearances.

He has 15 points in 6 games since coming back from his 2 game suspension.

6 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

The Blue Jackets have scratched Sergei Bobrovsky for tonight’s game for “an incident that occurred in which Sergei failed to meet the team’s values and expectations.”

GM Jarmo Kekalainen says that it is an internal matter and they will not elaborate further.

so I suppose extension talks aren't going well? 

5 minutes ago, HI5 said:

Marchand just baited Eller into dropping the gloves and take a 2min penalty. Don’t get why Eller just didn’t just jump the rat to return the favour. 

That’s another penalty that’s stupid.  So Eller, or any player drops their gloves and wants to go.  If they don’t grab, or swing why is it a penalty?  It’s just rewarding the Rat players.  

3 minutes ago, Kragar said:

Couldn't find video, but just watched Rangers/Islanders highlights.  Cody McLeod punches a linesman.  Gloved, not full force, maaaaybe accidental.

He was trying to punch Matt Martin and caught the linesman instead.

1 minute ago, mll said:

He was trying to punch Matt Martin and caught the linesman instead.

Yeah, that was my first thought, but looking at a other angles on the replay, the linesman is blocking a lot of Martin so it looks more deliberate.  I might be overanalyzing the replay, and I know heat of the moment can come into play.  Maybe that's why it wasn't a full punch... backing off seeing it's not gonna get Martin?

Too bad they both didn't hit the linesman... can't stand either of those guys, and long suspensions would serve them right.

Archived