Sign in to follow this  
Ryan Strome

Liberals win minority government

So pick a card any card.

The deck is rigged.

We're screwed no matter which side you choose.

Big business and banks are running things. 

Sad part is MP's are supposed to do what the people want. 

And help make our country better. 

Now its just selling out, who whomever has more money in a brown paper bag. 

Rape our resources, pay us nickels on the dollar. And leave an industrial sludge wasteland.

12 minutes ago, Mackcanuck said:

Trump wants to spend $5B to build his wall and can't get the money to build it

Trudeau wants to buy a 65 year old leaky pipeline and writes a $5B cheque to a US Company and buys it

So, Who has more power, Trump or Trudeau? :unsure:

Not sure what Trump has to do with our election but a Canadian PM with a majority government is one of the most powerful positions in the free world.

6 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

So pick a card any card.

The deck is rigged.

We're screwed no matter which side you choose.

Big business and banks are running things. 

Sad part is MP's are supposed to do what the people want. 

And help make our country better. 

Now its just selling out, who whomever has more money in a brown paper bag. 

Rape our resources, pay us nickels on the dollar. And leave an industrial sludge wasteland.

This is why I lately have been taking anyone saying "the government's at fault for xxxxx" with a grain of salt. Blame the government is essentially the default reaction when one doesn't really think about what's going on in my opinion. Not saying anyone here isn't thinking. I'm just saying I can't take it seriously unless if someone really gives me a good reason to (the states is another story right now but I've rather keep that in another thread).

Edited by The Lock

3 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

Weren't you pushing for more rail?:lol:

Rail with pucks is 2nd choice

First choice is keep the dirty bitumen in the ground where it belongs......

1 minute ago, kingofsurrey said:

Rail with pucks is 2nd choice

First choice is keep the dirty bitumen in the ground where it belongs......

So 2nd choice is far worse for the environment than a pipeline. Just sayin.

Btw if we keep it in the ground will we buy our oil off Arabia or the US? Which dump would you rather make rich?

I guess this is election discussion however I fear this thread could get derailed with tractor pulls and Copenhagen.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Btw if we keep it in the ground will we buy our oil off Arabia or the US? Which dump would you rather make rich?

I guess this is election discussion however I fear this thread could get derailed with tractor pulls and Copenhagen.

Not to mention mechanical bull riding and a nice pair of cowboy boots from Alberta Boot Co.........

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ryan Strome said:

Not only that, but if we don't buy it from the states, how do we ship it over here? How many more oil tankers need to be in the ocean?

This is why I'm not an environmentalist. They don't solve issues. They defer them to somewhere else.

• Like 1

Just now, kingofsurrey said:

Not to mention mechanical bull riding and a nice pair of cowboy boots from Alberta Boot Co.........

Bull riding night on Wednesday. I will be there. Them ladies look good riding the bull. You should check it out sometime.

1 minute ago, The Lock said:

Not only that, but if we don't buy it from the states, how do we ship it over here? How many more oil tankers need to be in the ocean?

This is why I'm not an environmentalist. They don't solve issues. They defer them to somewhere else.

Man oh man I wish I could plus 1000 you.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ryan Strome said:

Trudeau is hard behind this pipeline and @kingofsurrey has said numerous times what a great PM JT is so I think it's safe to say we shouldn't take kos seriously.

Canada is a Liberal Country.... always has been.... always will be.

Every once in a while we all make a mistake and elect the Cons but heh humans make mistakes...   Canadians quickly realize it and re elect the Libs..... as that is what our Country is......     

Best country in the world.  The Federal Liberal Party has built Canada. 

Just now, kingofsurrey said:

Every once in a while we all make a mistake and elect the Cons but heh humans make mistakes...   Canadians quickly realize it and re elect the Libs..... as that is what our Country is......     

Did I just read a commercial? I'm visualizing some random family with sparkles in their eyes and abnormally white teeth....

• Hydration 1

1 minute ago, kingofsurrey said:

Well the first PM was conservative but JT may just be the PM to get the pipeline to Asian markets built. I won't vote liberal but I will be thankful.

Just now, The Lock said:

Did I just read a commercial? I'm visualizing some random family with sparkles in their eyes and abnormally white teeth....

No, you just read a half buzzed kos post

• Haha 1

Just now, Ryan Strome said:

No, you just read a half buzzed kos post

Speaking of which I need more beer....

• Hydration 1

16 hours ago, The Lock said:

I don't really care what you were responding to. You asked ME a question and I answered it. ;) And the whole reason we have money leaving is because of the lack of suitors for oil. We have the lovely choice of trading oil with the states and... well... the states. It causes the lack of investment due to uncertainty in the market.

I'd be curious to know how exactly you think Trudeau has to do with this "damage". Please be specific. I'm not trying to be for or against you but rather would like to make sure you know the situation so I can decide for myself.

:unsure: I didn't ask you any question. Are you talking about the rhetorical one ?

Anyway, I'm guessing you want to talk about oil, so ok. If pipelines were built, all the cash and new projects that would come with them would make our market second to none. JT lecturing China, poking Trump, and attaching gender issues to companies investing in Canada are also specific details which discourage business here. Standing strong against Saudi probably doesn't help either, unless it ends up causing us to replace their oil with ours, then it would be a windfall for us. So the bottom line is, elections matter to the market.

Edited by lesterz

17 minutes ago, lesterz said:

:unsure: I didn't ask you any question. Are you talking about the rhetorical one ?

Anyway, I'm guessing you want to talk about oil, so ok. If pipelines were built, all the cash and new projects that would come with them would make our market second to none. JT lecturing China, poking Trump, and attaching gender issues to companies investing in Canada are also specific details which discourage business here. Standing strong against Saudi probably doesn't help either, unless it ends up causing us to replace their oil with ours, then it would be a windfall for us. So the bottom line is, elections matter to the market.

Standing tall against Arabia is a good thing. I like Scheers idea of cutting all oil purchases from that dump.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Standing tall against Arabia is a good thing. I like Scheers idea of cutting all oil purchases from that dump.

Yeah I think this is one issue that cuts across party lines.  Would never vote for the cons but I don't want to be cooperating with the Saudis at all.

I hope this isn't made an electron issue and all the parties can agree on this for the common good.