Sign in to follow this  
Ryan Strome

Liberals win minority government

Recommended Posts

25 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Re-criminalizing marijuana, anti gay rights, Islamlopobia, pro-life positions are all nonstaters for me.

You're confused.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Gnarcore said:

Did he do it? If so I have no issue with him being executed. I have traveled well and done some crazy $&!# on those travels....except at places where they &^@#ing kill you for it......   

I have no sympathy for people caught in Indo etc. You knew the &^@#ing rules.  

If his past is anything to by, he may have. https://www.abbynews.com/news/man-sentenced-to-death-in-china-had-prior-drug-convictions-in-abbotsford/

 

What I'm curious about are the details of the case in China. All I can find is that he was arrested for his part in smuggling 222 kg of Crystal Meth. That's almost 500 pounds. It's a bit out of line with his previous convictions for possession and possession for the purposes of trafficking. At this level, he had to be a cog in a much larger machine.

 

It certainly doesn't jibe with his claim of being a "tourist".

 

I doubt much information regarding the case will be forthcoming from the Chinese, but it would be nice to know if he's been wrongfully convicted, or just subject to draconian punishment.

 

It's also worth noting that this isn't the first time this sort of thing has happened: https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/china-has-carried-out-death-penalty-threats-against-canadians-in-the-past-star-has-learned/ar-BBSg0Vm?li=AAggNb9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Meet you at an Omaha donut shop to watch on election night.   First drink and doughnut are on me!  ::D

a game day thread at the least 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Gnarcore said:

Did he do it? If so I have no issue with him being executed. I have traveled well and done some crazy $&!# on those travels....except at places where they &^@#ing kill you for it......   

I have no sympathy for people caught in Indo etc. You knew the &^@#ing rules.  

I agree with you.  Kind of tired of our citizens going to other countries, breaking their rules or acting terribly and then crying about it when they realize they have to pay the consequences.  Much like that idiot that spray painted that temple a few months ago.

 

But in this instance, this guy was/is smuggling a quarter tonne of death to a country rocked by escalating overdose deaths.  His criminal history shows he is far from repentant and the likelihood of him being released only to come back to canada and continue dealing is pretty good.

 

I've no issues with China sentencing him to death for this.  I do have issue with them doing it for political reasons and overruling a judges ruling of 15 years in prison though.  

 

That being said, I find it amusing China is issuing travel advisories to those travelling to canada and promising to curtail visitations.  After seeing the Canada Parks 100th and enjoying the endless busloads of Chinese tour groups that treated areas like Yoho and the Kispiox so poorly I am not going to be sad to see less of those groups.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I agree with you.  Kind of tired of our citizens going to other countries, breaking their rules or acting terribly and then crying about it when they realize they have to pay the consequences.  Much like that idiot that spray painted that temple a few months ago.

 

But in this instance, this guy was/is smuggling a quarter tonne of death to a country rocked by escalating overdose deaths.  His criminal history shows he is far from repentant and the likelihood of him being released only to come back to canada and continue dealing is pretty good.

 

I've no issues with China sentencing him to death for this.  I do have issue with them doing it for political reasons and overruling a judges ruling of 15 years in prison though.  

 

That being said, I find it amusing China is issuing travel advisories to those travelling to canada and promising to curtail visitations.  After seeing the Canada Parks 100th and enjoying the endless busloads of Chinese tour groups that treated areas like Yoho and the Kispiox so poorly I am not going to be sad to see less of those groups.

Yeah, this is the thing that is worrisome. Killing someone to score a political point is beyond reprehensible, as serious as the crime may be. I'd expect nothing less from the PRC.

 

BTW: I was unaware that Australia had such a problem with drugs...:unsure:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

 

 

That being said, I find it amusing China is issuing travel advisories to those travelling to canada and promising to curtail visitations.  After seeing the Canada Parks 100th and enjoying the endless busloads of Chinese tour groups that treated areas like Yoho and the Kispiox so poorly I am not going to be sad to see less of those groups.

There has been a massive influx of Chinese guests here in the resort. I am not fan of them at least 70% of the time. The cultural differences are just too much. They're rude, demanding and cheap. Unless from Hong Kong...then no issues. Having dealt with many, many people of Chinese decent from Vancouver over the years its just very different.  Plus side...none of them are remotely good enough to ride where I do.  The hill is busy enough....let alone Vail being absolute garbage at running it.....

Rich Mexicans used to be the worst followed by budget traveler Brits (priced out of the market now) but now it's the Chinese and Russians who lead the way for worst guests. I have an awesome set of Mexican clients these days. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Yeah, this is the thing that is worrisome. Killing someone to score a political point is beyond reprehensible, as serious as the crime may be. I'd expect nothing less from the PRC.

 

BTW: I was unaware that Australia had such a problem with drugs...:unsure:

Almost every Aussie I know gets right into the cocaine here because it's far cheaper ..  $80-$100  vs $400 to $500 a G.  Meth is a massive issue there too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

There has been a massive influx of Chinese guests here in the resort. I am not fan of them at least 70% of the time. The cultural differences are just too much. They're rude, demanding and cheap. Unless from Hong Kong...then no issues. Having dealt with many, many people of Chinese decent from Vancouver over the years its just very different.  Plus side...none of them are remotely good enough to ride where I do.  The hill is busy enough....let alone Vail being absolute garbage at running it.....

Rich Mexicans used to be the worst followed by budget traveler Brits (priced out of the market now) but now it's the Chinese and Russians who lead the way for worst guests. I have an awesome set of Mexican clients these days. 

Was in the Dabajian Mountains in Taiwan, there's a temple there.  Me and a friend were waiting for dawn because at first light the sun shines directly against the peak and on the temple it's pretty awesome

 

We'd been there essentially all night.  15-20 minutes before the light started really getting good to shoot in, two tour busses literally ran through the marked stopping points for vehicles, unloaded what looked like an army of people.  No joke 2 busses full of chinese tourists literally came out of nowhere set up shop knocked over Drews camera stood directly in front of mine and the other two photographers that were there were beyond frigging rude but also lityerally used the small temple and shrine as a damned bathroom.  20 minutes later they packed up and left.  

 

Apparently that's normal behaviour.  The ONLY chance we had that trip to get that shot and totally shot.  I thought it was a one off until I saw the behaviour of those on groups in Banff 2 summers ago.  It was honestly disgusting.  I read an advisory about China having to mitigate damage to european tourist spots because groups had destroyed priceless works or busted up whole museums.  Unsure if totally true but after seeing that it wouldn't surprise me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

You're confused.

Scheer may have said that he won't reopen the abortion debate but it's too important an issue for me to trust him to keep his personal beliefs out of government.  Literally any one one of my above points would render him unelectable on my end regardless.

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

Scheer may have said that he won't reopen the abortion debate but it's too important an issue for me to trust him to keep his personal beliefs out of government.  Literally any one one of my above points would render him unelectable on my end regardless.

Everyone had the same worry about Harper as well and he stayed away from that issue

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheAce said:

Everyone had the same worry about Harper as well and he stayed away from that issue

But created soooo many other ones that Trudeau hasn't even come close too.

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TheAce said:

Everyone had the same worry about Harper as well and he stayed away from that issue

And he was never an option for me for all the same reasons.

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Was in the Dabajian Mountains in Taiwan, there's a temple there.  Me and a friend were waiting for dawn because at first light the sun shines directly against the peak and on the temple it's pretty awesome

 

We'd been there essentially all night.  15-20 minutes before the light started really getting good to shoot in, two tour busses literally ran through the marked stopping points for vehicles, unloaded what looked like an army of people.  No joke 2 busses full of chinese tourists literally came out of nowhere set up shop knocked over Drews camera stood directly in front of mine and the other two photographers that were there were beyond frigging rude but also lityerally used the small temple and shrine as a damned bathroom.  20 minutes later they packed up and left.  

 

Apparently that's normal behaviour.  The ONLY chance we had that trip to get that shot and totally shot.  I thought it was a one off until I saw the behaviour of those on groups in Banff 2 summers ago.  It was honestly disgusting.  I read an advisory about China having to mitigate damage to european tourist spots because groups had destroyed priceless works or busted up whole museums.  Unsure if totally true but after seeing that it wouldn't surprise me.

That pretty inline with what I've heard and seen.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Scheer may have said that he won't reopen the abortion debate but it's too important an issue for me to trust him to keep his personal beliefs out of government.  Literally any one one of my above points would render him unelectable on my end regardless.

I absolutely will never support someone who says they will take away a womans right to choose. I'm voting cpc because I know they won't do that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its looking like singh will win his byelection.after the liberal candidate goes full racist.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Violator said:

Its looking like singh will win his byelection.after the liberal candidate goes full racist.

We got one of those phone calls from this same Liberal candidate last night, asking what/who/if we were voting for.....she made my decision much easier with that. Glad to see Svend Robinson back in politics, he was a very good MP in our old riding before they cut Burnaby up in boundaries. Singh has some making up to do, this might help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, johngould21 said:

We got one of those phone calls from this same Liberal candidate last night, asking what/who/if we were voting for.....she made my decision much easier with that. Glad to see Svend Robinson back in politics, he was a very good MP in our old riding before they cut Burnaby up in boundaries. Singh has some making up to do, this might help.

The guy that stole a $65,000 ring is coming back thats just terrifying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

you can never underestimate the Liberals ability to score an own goal. What a boner.

 

Burnaby South is pretty orange so its not likely that she would have won but now Singh should have an easy time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.